Jobless Claims Soar to 3.3 million; 6.6 million this week

No, that's not the point of the analogy. Reagan was asking people to compare where they were at the beginning and end of the Carter's term and see if they were better off at the beginning or end of that term. What happens in between is not relevant. In the same way, whether you're better off at the end of the game than the beginning of the game turns on the result of the game, not how many you were up by in the 3rd quarter.

That's politicking, no more; no less. Of course what happens between is relevant. Reagan was pointing toward the outcomes of policy. Carter was an abortion when it came to economic policy, and his term showed it. You're pointing to a worldwide pandemic that's killing people and financially ruining others, in efforts to keep it from killing more. And your excusal for doing so aside, you're literally painting it as the momentum flip your team can benefit from to win a game.

You're a stain.

No, that's not the point of the analogy. Reagan was asking people to compare where they were at the beginning and end of the Carter's term and see if they were better off at the beginning or end of that term. What happens in between is not relevant. In the same way, whether you're better off at the end of the game than the beginning of the game turns on the result of the game, not how many you were up by in the 3rd quarter.
It is if you have a brain.

What if I'm worse off than I was 4 years ago because a sinkhole swallowed my house last week? That means I should vote for Biden?

Reactions: Cdywolfe
Government doesn't have the right to tell us we can't go have a burger and a beer because 3 people have died over what 4 weeks? 5 weeks? Tennessee has about .01304% infected rate. Yes government is the damn problem because they have put in unconstitutional house arrests, 2 trillion dollar spending package and now increasing unemployment. Yes you bet your ass they are the problem.
So you want other people to put their life in danger so you can go out to eat so that someone can serve you? Take your lazy ass to the store, buy some ground chuck and other ingredients and learn how to cook. The world does not revolve around justins wants and needs. This may shock you, but other people are more important than you. I have not seen any state or federal law prohibiting you from going to the store. You sound like a pansy.

It is if you have a brain.

What if I'm worse off than I was 4 years ago because a sinkhole swallowed my house last week? That means I should vote for Biden?

Think about that. They're pointing fingers at the severity of the pandemic, reminding us every day just how big the stakes are, all while running a candidate that's showing marked symptoms of dementia.

So you want other people to put their life in danger so you can go out to eat so that someone can serve you? Take your lazy ass to the store, buy some ground chuck and other ingredients and learn how to cook. The world does not revolve around justins wants and needs. This may shock you, but other people are more important than you. I have not seen any state or federal law prohibiting you from going to the store. You sound like a pansy.
Provided that person isn't in a high risk group (and they absolutely should NOT go out if in a high risk group), they aren't putting their life in danger beyond the danger the flu would represent to them.

Starting in a couple weeks or sooner, it's time to start differentiating between low risk people and high risk people + their caregivers/people who spend lots of time around them. This virus is being treated like it's going to kill 25% of everyone who comes into contact with it, no matter their risk level, and that just isn't the case.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Were there guns to the heads of the people making his burger? Reading his post, it seems to be making the point that the gov't doesn't have the right to force people to stay home. Sounds like he's arguing for people to have the right to personal liberty. Maybe he sounds like a pansy to you because you're arguing like a totalitarian?

Were there guns to the heads of the people making his burger? Reading his post, it seems to be making the point that the gov't doesn't have the right to force people to stay home. Sounds like he's arguing for people to have the right to personal liberty. Maybe he sounds like a pansy to you because you're arguing like a totalitarian?
Like most libs he doesn't get it, I give up, not worth arguing with people who are just fine giving up their rights so easily.

I know I’m being trolled, but it’s laughable how hard you’re trying here.

You’re basically standing over a heart attack victim 2 minutes after he died and trying to put all the blame on his wife for cooking him fried food.
It's even dumber than that. It's like your victim laying on the ground from a car accident and asking were you better off before or after you married your wife

I mean what choice was there? This isn’t a normal economic event. If the government says your business is closed that’s the end. The best thing to do is lay off people so they can claim unemployment. This is a recession packed into a couple weeks.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I mean what choice was there? This isn’t a normal economic event. If the government says your business is closed that’s the end. The best thing to do is lay off people so they can claim unemployment. This is a recession packed into a couple weeks.
Nah brah. Democrats actually think they could have prevented this which is one of the most laughable things they've spewed.

It's an election year. If it was fair for Reagan to ask then, then it is fair to ask now. Is the country better for having elected Trump? His legacy was cons and bankruptcies before he was elected. Why should we expect anything different from his presidency.

You're trying to connect dots that just aren't there. Fair for Reagan? Yes, Carter's economic policy was complete trash and put us in a worse situation. Not the same as a pandemic virus. You're trying to conflate two different events and call them the same. Bush league attempt or ignorance? You make the call.

Reactions: FLVOL69
It's an election year. If it was fair for Reagan to ask then, then it is fair to ask now. Is the country better for having elected Trump? His legacy was cons and bankruptcies before he was elected. Why should we expect anything different from his presidency.

There are many, many candidates for most ignorant post in VN history, this one doesn't take a back seat to any of them.

VN Store

Back