Jobless Claims Soar to 3.3 million; 6.6 million this week

I don’t want to get political in a thread talking about death and destruction of people’s financial well being, but whether the alternative was Hillary or Jeb! or Kasich or whichever candidate you want to select, this is exactly what Trump supporters were warned about. That he would not know how to best lead the government during a crisis.

I suspect your opinion is in the minority, and it would appear the longer this crisis continues, the more people approve of his handling of it.

(CNN)Here's an indisputable fact: President Donald Trump is as popular today as he has been since his first day in office.
In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys. A Monmouth University poll released on Monday showed Trump at 46% approval, again the best he has done in that poll in more than three years.

I suspect your opinion is in the minority, and it would appear the longer this crisis continues, the more people approve of his handling of it.
Because folks believe they are going to get a check. Let’s see how it goes once that money runs out.
Also, only in Trump’s America is a 49% approval rate considered doing a good job.

It's an election year. If it was fair for Reagan to ask then, then it is fair to ask now. Is the country better for having elected Trump? His legacy was cons and bankruptcies before he was elected. Why should we expect anything different from his presidency.
Because I’m aware of history and that’s a simpleton, partisan line of reasoning which is what created the Trump phenomenon in the first place.

Reagan was speaking to voters who were weary after years of gas shortages, high interest rates and inflation. You’re asking that question after a pandemic out of nowhere crashed the economy 2 weeks ago.

I don’t want to get political in a thread talking about death and destruction of people’s financial well being, but whether the alternative was Hillary or Jeb! or Kasich or whichever candidate you want to select, this is exactly what Trump supporters were warned about. That he would not know how to best lead the government during a crisis.

He’s done as well as any of those you mentioned would have.

Because folks believe they are going to get a check. Let’s see how it goes once that money runs out.
Also, only in Trump’s America is a 49% approval rate considered doing a good job.
Haven't followed politics long? That's historically well into the "getting reelected" numbers. His numbers are particularly good with Rs and Is. But to speak more to the claims in this thread per the crisis at hand, his numbers are topping 60% with a bullet on approval of his handling of the current crisis.

So, yes. You are in the minority with your claim that he's failing to lead through this crisis, and we should have heeded the political warnings.

Because I’m aware of history and that’s a simpleton, partisan line of reasoning which is what created the Trump phenomenon in the first place.

Reagan was speaking to voters who were weary after years of gas shortages, high interest rates and inflation. You’re asking that question after a pandemic out of nowhere crashed the economy 2 weeks ago.
EL's post is the first time I've bemoaned the toilet paper shortage.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Oh, and he's been climbing before talk of the checks. But you may want to step back and take a long, hard look at your life. It's pretty despicable to invite the suffering of your fellow Americans in hopes that it'll help your political team.

(And before you deny that's what you're doing, spare us. It's transparent.)

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
This is exactly what the dems want, this is exactly why this glorified flu has been used to scare the f out of the public.
You're still peddling that flu crap justin? I thought you were sacrificing yourself or one of your elderly loved ones for the economy. You better hurry up, Dear Leader needs that sacrifice in the worst way.

You're still peddling that flu crap justin? I thought you were sacrificing yourself or one of your elderly loved ones for the economy. You better hurry up, Dear Leader needs that sacrifice in the worst way.
I'm at work, I was going out to eat right up until the government put out unconstitutional orders. Here soon a lot of you are going to be looking like complete idiots (more than usual)

I'm at work, I was going out to eat right up until the government put out unconstitutional orders. Here soon a lot of you are going to be looking like complete idiots (more than usual)
I am at work too....and I can order take out or go to my kitchen to cook dinner. Tell me, does the flu have a mortality rate of 4.5%? So government is the problem? What kind of government do you want? You have a Republican president and senate and supreme court. What are you complaining about now? You want no government whatsoever?

Simple question: Will Americans be better off at the end of Trump's first (and hopefully only) term than they were at the start of it? Hardly matters if a team is up 28 entering the fourth quarter, but then let's the opposing team hang 35 on them to lose the game.

Simple question: Will Americans be better off at the end of Trump's first (and hopefully only) term than they were at the start of it? Hardly matters if a team is up 28 entering the fourth quarter, but then let's the opposing team hang 35 on them to lose the game.
In this scenario though the opposing team isn't the one hanging points. A tornado landed on top of the stadium in the 4th quarter.

If this crisis peaks the way I expect it to and we see a recovery start by late Summer/Fall, I actually believe the answer for a lot of people is still going to be yes.

Still though, that’s a false analogy. This isn’t the defense giving up points in the 4th quarter. It’s blaming the coach when a blimp crashes into the stadium.

You truly are a despicable human being, seeing this as a change of momentum to allow your team a come-back.

I am at work too....and I can order take out or go to my kitchen to cook dinner. Tell me, does the flu have a mortality rate of 4.5%? So government is the problem? What kind of government do you want? You have a Republican president and senate and supreme court. What are you complaining about now? You want no government whatsoever?
Government doesn't have the right to tell us we can't go have a burger and a beer because 3 people have died over what 4 weeks? 5 weeks? Tennessee has about .01304% infected rate. Yes government is the damn problem because they have put in unconstitutional house arrests, 2 trillion dollar spending package and now increasing unemployment. Yes you bet your ass they are the problem.

Reactions: tennvols77
Except in Trump’s case the opposing team is led by Pelosi and Schumer. They have yet to score a point and only that freak F5 Tornado that’s about to strike the stadium will stop the game. Even then, it’s no victory for the opposition because they’re screwed as well.

Oh, and your nominee is going to be Biden who is even less capable than trump of stringing coherent thoughts together.

If this crisis peaks the way I expect it to and we see a recovery start by late Summer/Fall, I actually believe the answer for a lot of people is still going to be yes.

Still though, that’s a false analogy. This isn’t the defense giving up points in the 4th quarter. It’s a blimp crashing into the stadium.
Don't tell EL, but Trump's approval numbers are climbing, and the approval of his handling of this is topping 60% approval as measured by Gallup. Naturally, he's strongest with Reps and Inds. But think of that. Trump is winning INdependents over. As fractures as the Dem party is, what hope do they have without the Independents?

As effed up as it is to see this as a game--the deaths and financial ruin of fellow Americans--even in that effed up way of looking at it, EL must be watching a different game if he sees this as a 35 point comeback for the Dems.

You truly are a despicable human being, seeing this as a change of momentum to allow your team a come-back.

No, that's not the point of the analogy. Reagan was asking people to compare where they were at the beginning and end of the Carter's term and see if they were better off at the beginning or end of that term. What happens in between is not relevant. In the same way, whether you're better off at the end of the game than the beginning of the game turns on the result of the game, not how many you were up by in the 3rd quarter.

EL's post is the first time I've bemoaned the toilet paper shortage.

This about this one ... there are zero rolls of TP to be found in Norfolk in any store , but we are probably sitting on top of one of the largest stock piles of TP in the country in whole warehouses marked “ Naval Supplies” .

I'm not smiling. It's atrociously bad. This would have been bad even with a competent president holding office. But it's atrocious with the one we got. Hope the racism was worth it, because that's all that Trump ultimately delivered on for you guys.
What would have been different if we had whomever you voted for as our President?

This is dumber than anything Luther has posted, you win the prize. Didn’t think that was possible.

VN Store

Back