Jillian Hollingshead commits to Tennessee

Figured this deserves its own celebration post!

Georgia transfer post Jillian Hollingshead commits to Lady Vols

So, let the starting 5 speculation recommence! This makes me what position Franklin will play if Hollingshead is the backup post.

4 mostly. She’ll be great there in the SEC and it will be more natural for her. Jackson, Puckett, Franklin, and Suarez can all play 3/4 and some of them even the 2 if we want to go really big.

Striplin really needs to develop an outside shot if she wants to get some minutes, Hollingshed can shoot the ball which really excites me. I think Karo can as well and this should motivate her.

We will have some competition for minutes across the board but I suspect almost everyone will get 10+ minutes if we win a lot of games like this squad should. BIG lol. I believe we will have 10 players that average 15+ minutes a game. If we play fast and put on full court pressure we can keep fresh, and really talented, legs on teams for 40 minutes.

Someone’s tired? Next!! Play together and beat the absolute crap out of teams. Run one motivated player after the next out there and let them have it for 40.

What I'm happiest about is that Tennessee is obviously once again considered a hot spot. A cool choice. A destination for team players. A must-visit for anyone wanting to see what all the hullaballoo is about, and that special vibe happening with this program.

Plus with all those combinations possible we can almost always find the hot hand. We have about 8 players on this team that can really score, like really really. So whomever is hot? LET THEM EAT. Get those assists and then find the next hot hand, might be you!

It’s similar to what Stanford has done the last few seasons. Tara has a bench LOADED with talent. It wasn’t uncommon for them to have a different leading scorer almost every night. Sometimes a starter, sometimes a bench player. But she gives almost everyone an opportunity to see how they might contribute that night. Some jack up right away and only get 3-4 minutes. Others that don’t play a lot might come in and really be on and she’ll leave them out there for 25 if they are winning big. It’s actually a nice way to do it and doesn’t seem to cause minutes issues as much.

And let me add that we can all thank all the players who have stayed, signed and played for Kellie Harper up to now for all this success.

Of COURSE our outstanding staff has much to do with this recruiting success, but the special vibe ... the excitement and the obvious love of the program and for each other that comes across to well to everyone watching? That is the current players. They are the best thing to happen to Lady Vols basketball in a very, very long time. Who WOULDN'T want to be a part of this special group of young women and a staff who so obviously loves them?

It doesn't get any better than this as far as good vibes. From top to bottom of our roster, every single one of them has played an important role in bringing the program back to where they all promised when they committed that they would. By gawd, they're getting it done. Thank you, Lady Vols! 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

What I'm happiest about is that Tennessee is obviously once again considered a hot spot. A cool choice. A destination for team players. A must-visit for anyone wanting to see what all the hullaballoo is about, and that special vibe happening with this program.
I keep coming back to this. Alot of these kids grew up hearing about Tennessee, about the legacy, the wins. But they never got to see the culture that came along with that legacy. Hell, alot of us long-time fans started to forget what the Lady Vol culture was supposed to be. Not to downplay the importance of winning, of course, but there are programs out there that will turn out great basketball players. Not many places where you get to be part of something special. And it's a treat as a fan to get to witness this resurgence.

And let me add that we can all thank all the players who have stayed, signed and played for Kellie Harper up to now for all this success.

Of COURSE our outstanding staff has much to do with this recruiting success, but the special vibe ... the excitement and the obvious love of the program and for each other that comes across to well to everyone watching? That is the current players. They are the best thing to happen to Lady Vols basketball in a very, very long time. Who WOULDN'T want to be a part of this special group of young women and a staff who so obviously loves them?

It doesn't get any better than this as far as good vibes. From top to bottom of our roster, every single one of them has played an important role in bringing the program back to where they all promised when they committed that they would. By gawd, they're getting it done. Thank you, Lady Vols! 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡
Well said!

For a team that loss way less than many other teams through graduation and the transfer portal, this is beyond my wildest expectations to get two fantastic bigs that are ready to play immediately, a big who needs further development but will be here for at least 3 years to assume Key's role, and a bona fide experienced point guard who will stay an extra year as well. This fulfilled our needs perfectly. I can understand the concern of having too many players and perhaps losing some next year, and this is a possibility. However, I can't imagine a significant exodus given that so many of our players are still going to be underclassmen and so many openings will be available for more playing time after all the seniors graduate. Also, I think the addition of Hollingshead won't really threaten anyone on our team for the future given that we will be losing so many bigs and I would be surprised if she would get a tremendous amount of minutes next year. I think the main place we will have a log jam is more the 2 and 3 positions with Suarez, Puckett, Pissott, Wynn, Darby, and even Walker possibly playing backup to those positions. Thankfully, all of them are aware of their competition and have chosen to stay at UT (knock on wood given there is one more day before the portal is closed for immediate transfers). In any case, adding Hollingshead is tremendous and doesn't at all add to the logjam!

Also, I would like to praise Coach Sam to being one of the best recruiters in the business. I think her style perfectly complements Coach Harper. Her comments about the traits of the recruits who we are going for (i.e., talented team first players who consistently play full out) are perfect in these days of lack of connection, loyalty, and commitment. This must be reassuring to the families about the type of family environment that their daughters will be a part of as a LV.

Last edited:
Also, I would like to praise Coach Sam to being one of the best recruiters in the business. I think her style perfectly complements Coach Harper. Her comments about the traits of the recruits who we are going for (i.e., talented team first players who consistently play full out) are perfect in these days on lack of connection, loyalty, and commitment. This must be reassuring to the families about the type of family environment that their daughters will be a part of as a LV.

Absolutely! Whatever Samantha's current salary is, it's not enough. She is a transcendent talent, and we are incredibly fortunate she's a Lady Vol.

With the way Kellie plays her bench first part of season even in close games there will be plenty of minutes to go around. Really have a squad that can press and Trap and not worry about depth. Welcome to RockTop Jillian. Tennessee is the Move. In CHRIST Alone

Maybe spice some competition with Key will be a big factor and spell her when she gets in foul trouble. Key needs more motivation to hustle and out compete smaller opponents. She can now go all out and not fear fouling out as much as well as rest when she gets tired.

Love this 🍊🍊🍊

VN Store

Back