JGs arm strength.

They do have issues with others be critical of his play. You know its a losing argument when they tell you that you hate him simply because you find a hole in his game.

I said the bold was not true, you disagree?

Dusty, KB, and Kingston are JG jock sniffers and will never be honest on his abilities.

Reactions: Steven5198
I don't think he by any stretch is an elite QB , and he has to bring a lot more to table to win in SEC . He says all the right stuff , and talks good game about how the new OC
he has freedom check out of play , and it sounds good , BUT YOU HAVE TO SHOW SOMETHING ON SATURDAYS I'm still waiting to see that and hope it happens this
season...………………...GO VOLS
You must not watch much on Saturdays.

I said the bold was not true, you disagree?

Dusty, KB, and Kingston are JG jock sniffers and will never be honest on his abilities.
No, I think for the most part they are honest however they couch that with OL, Stats, etc. I think I saw KTQ mention one time that JG couldn't read D's but that he wasn't supposed to because that was a Jr. level class. They have over time admitted some of his issues, just not so openly. They will also turn on someone like a pitbull if you make an observation and don't give an excuse for why he has that particular hole in his game. Kinda double standard but hey, Dusty and I seem to be just about on the same page. KTQ on the other hand, is the modern team version of D4H.

Reactions: Steven5198 and Behr
No, I think for the most part they are honest.

That's all I meant.

I can't argue the rest, but that said, I have no doubt they believe JG has the ability to become a really good QB for us. I do too. He's better than what some here want us to believe, he's also not as good as others want us to believe, but I think it's dishonest to say he SUCKS, given the OL play we've had.

If someone wants to say those guys will never be honest about JG's abilities, then they have to say the same thing about themselves, because without a decent OL, we won't know. Jmo.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The way I see it getting better (yugely too), is for JG to learn how to read the D, roll out of pressure and take advantage of some very skilled receivers. He has the cast to make this a great offense. Its more on him than the oline to get this done.

I just don't want him wearing the cast!

Reactions: CA_Vol
The way I see it getting better (yugely too), is for JG to learn how to read the D, roll out of pressure and take advantage of some very skilled receivers. He has the cast to make this a great offense. Its more on him than the oline to get this done.

It's more on the O-line.

Last season, defenses could pin their ears back and blitz non-stop because they knew we couldn't run the ball. We had the worst run blocking O-line in all of college football. When people criticize the O-line performance, it's not merely that pass protection was bad; it's that the complete lack of run blocking made it easy for defenses to pass rush.

JG has lots of room for improvement, but if he had Alabama or Georgia's O-line, people would be talking about him like a top 3 SEC QB right now. But I agree that he needs to read the defenses faster ... it's just that in the grand scheme of things, that's way down the list on reasons why our offense sucked last year.

I do like what Chaney did in the spring game with a lot of quick passes. I think it's imperative that the OC find ways to scheme around the O-line issues this year.

VN Store

Back