JG vs Kelly Bryant

VolnJC

Some of you guys can't have it both ways..saying JG is hot garbage and then claiming Kelly Bryant is that much better. Jarrett has almost identical production with far fewer pass attempts and a higher QBR this year.
20191110_185013.jpg20191110_184955.jpg

I wouldn't think that almost 450 fewer yards and 1 fewer touchdowns in more games is identical. Easy to accumulate yards dinking and dunking like JG does but he scores no points. UK had a ton of yards yesterday but an L for their effort.

I wouldn't think that almost 450 fewer yards and 1 fewer touchdowns in more games is identical. Easy to accumulate yards dinking and dunking like JG does but he scores no points. UK had a ton of yards yesterday but an L for their effort.
Bryant has actually played more snaps than JG and Jarrett averages more yards per completion than Bryant does 13.7 vs 13.1

Bryant has actually played more snaps than JG and Jarrett averages more yards per completion than Bryant does 13.7 vs 13.1
You hit it on the head bro
These guys all regurgitate the same silly phrase. He drinks and dunks but his numbers say that's flat out untrue. He does not score points but has 13 tds in basically what 7 games of actual snaps. It's like the people that complain most about JG don't actually watch games. Saturday night he only threw 8 passes completing 7 his average completion was like 14 yards.. if that's dinking and dunking give me more of that. All our top pass catchers average well over 10 yards a catch... That's not something that happens in a dink and dunk offense.

Now both the other QBs on our team average significantly less yards per catch and yards per attempt. So if JG is dinking and dunking then Maurer and Shrout are even more. You can't have it both ways.

You don't make a good case for JG by saying he's as good as Bryant. Mizzou's loss to Wyoming might be worse than UT's loss to GSU.

I've been one of the few people here who has been mostly positive on JG, but this isn't a fair comparison.

Bryant has run for 156 yards this season and ran for 665 yards his last full season as Clemson's starter. This is what makes Bryant dangerous is that he can also beat you with his feet. As passers, JG and Bryant might be similar, but Bryant is the much better scrambler.

I think VN has been way too negative on JG (and I've said this for 3 years now), but Bryant is the better QB of the two, at least when he's fully healthy.

JG was sooo good and clutch at Tennessee that he had, after EVERY CHANCE, to be replaced by a Freshman, Why was that OP?

Not that ESPN FPI is all that, but WY is #67, Ga St #96. And as stated as before, Mizzou lost in Laraime. We lost at home. All that said, maybe if JG had played at Clemson, with the talent that Bryant had, he would've been a Heisman candidate like Bryant was a few years ago.

JG seems to have found something when coming off the bench. I don't see any reason to change what UT has found, that seems to be working over the last 5 games (other than one goal-line fumble which I raged about along with everyone else).

You don't make a good case for JG by saying he's as good as Bryant. Mizzou's loss to Wyoming might be worse than UT's loss to GSU.
So because a TEAM loses a game to another TEAM it means your QB sucks? Against GA State JG threw for over 300 yards, 2 touchdowns, completed over 60 percent of his passes, average completion was well over 10 yards we scored 30. That's what a really freaking happened. The defense gave up 38 that's why we lost period.

Did JG play great? No but he played well enough to have won that game easily. There was already a ton of hate on JG so of course he becomes the scapegoat. The only "bad" game statistically JG had was against a top 10 team (Florida) and funny enough it could be argued his worst game was an average game for the other two guys everyone wants to start. These are facts that can be easily proven, not my opinion. He and JJ were on pace for a really monster season before they started putting in the freshmen. There's a reason JJ went to Pruitt and said we needed to play JG.

Do I think JG is some world beater all SEC NFL prospect? No. But he is easily the best QB on this team right now and a perfectly good college QB. Will Maurer and Shrout develop to be better overall down the road. Totally possible. But this season is about making a bowl and getting those 15 extra practices that's gonna make the whole team better. People seriously underestimate how important those practices are down the road especially when you have a staff that has proven it can develop talent.

Didn’t even realize he has 13 TDs this year so far. He’s definitely improved in that stat since last year he had a total of 12 all last season I think.

So because a TEAM loses a game to another TEAM it means your QB sucks?
No. It means that it doesn't support the idea that either QB is "great". Someone is trying to build a case for something... and comparing to Bryant really isn't a strong way to do it.

IMHO, if JG had not split time but HAD improved to the level he played vs UK... his numbers would have been much better than Bryant's against a tougher schedule.

Lol, not even close.
Both teams are 6-3. GSU is far more athletic. UT's expectations for the season were lower than those for MU. IIRC, some predicted them to finish 2nd in the East and win 10+ games. Most had UT pegged at around 6 wins.

Reactions: VolnJC
Both teams are 6-3. GSU is far more athletic. UT's expectations for the season were lower than those for MU. IIRC, some predicted them to finish 2nd in the East and win 10+ games. Most had UT pegged at around 6 wins.
GSU is a much worse loss than Wyoming

No. It means that it doesn't support the idea that either QB is "great". Someone is trying to build a case for something... and comparing to Bryant really isn't a strong way to do it.

IMHO, if JG had not split time but HAD improved to the level he played vs UK... his numbers would have been much better than Bryant's against a tougher schedule.
I agree completely there. I do not think either QB is great but I think JG is immeasurably better than people give him credit for.

VN Store

Back