JG talking his level of Comfort for 2020

Going out on limb here.... JG will play well this year. 2nd year with same offensive coaching staff for first time in his career should finally bring out that 4* in him.

Not saying he will be a Heisman contender or even All SEC... but he will play well enough to win.
Don’t mention Heismann or All-Sec with JG, even in jest.

I’m sure the collared shirts help you tremendously in the zooms you do. What would be even better is that you wear a tie. Then you will be performing at your optimal best.

When it's a meeting in which I'd wear a tie in person, I wear one on Zoom.

I'm embarrassed for some of those guys. You don't have to put on a tie for a Zoom call, but it's not hard to put on a decent shirt when your whole damn wardrobe is in the next room.

I wear a tshirt working from home, but I keep a collared shirt by my desk for the several Zooms I have each day.

I wear a collared shirt and nothing below the waist. Maybe I'm in Zoom meetings...maybe I'm in my onlyfans...

The real truth is the opposite if what you are stating. The inept passing game has hampered the running production.
Don't let facts hinder you much I guess. How is it that a top half's SEC passing offense whose rushing attack is nearly dead last the QBs fault? I guess Trask is why Florida sucks at running the ball too, doesn't sound right but I'm gonna do like you and falsely blame the QB for everything.

Another quality interview. I think the neverJG crowd can go jump in a lake!! I love how videos like this make them look like a bunch of 5th graders with their childish takes on a kid that's clearly all in with the Vols. Notice how they've changed their tune, they now like to put 1st things like "he's a good kid, he's tough and all Vol" then they input their big "but" statement. Most of them before Covid and all the BLM protests were vile and insensitive in their remarks, they've toned back being vile and divisive, why is that? My opinion is that the neverJG crowd was never right and I could care less of their's or their Negavol buddy's views of the Vols. This kid shows more love for this team and University in a 15 minute interview than our NegaVols have shown in the last 10 seasons, I'd take him over them every day and twice on Sundays.

"I'm lucky to be a Tennessee Vol and I wouldn't change that for the world.."
You’re not kidding he’s lucky. No matter how bad, how awful, how incompetent he plays QB as a Tennessee Vol, he still starts and gets to play...even after starting the game and play so bad as to make it damn near impossible for Tennessee to win, they just put him back in, even after his replacement rights the ship and leads the team to a score. Hell yeah, no wonder he says he’s lucky to be a Tennessee Vol...no other head coach in the conference would give him near the incredibly long leash that Pruitt has and will, yet again, this season.

Reactions: whodeycin85
You’re not kidding he’s lucky. No matter how bad, how awful, how incompetent he plays QB as a Tennessee Vol, he still starts and gets to play...even after starting the game and play so bad as to make it damn near impossible for Tennessee to win, they just put him back in, even after his replacement rights the ship and leads the team to a score. Hell yeah, no wonder he says he’s lucky to be a Tennessee Vol...no other head coach in the conference would give him near the incredibly long leash that Pruitt has and will, yet again, this season.

giphy.gif

Another quality interview. I think the neverJG crowd can go jump in a lake!! I love how videos like this make them look like a bunch of 5th graders with their childish takes on a kid that's clearly all in with the Vols. Notice how they've changed their tune, they now like to put 1st things like "he's a good kid, he's tough and all Vol" then they input their big "but" statement. Most of them before Covid and all the BLM protests were vile and insensitive in their remarks, they've toned back being vile and divisive, why is that? My opinion is that the neverJG crowd was never right and I could care less of their's or their Negavol buddy's views of the Vols. This kid shows more love for this team and University in a 15 minute interview than our NegaVols have shown in the last 10 seasons, I'd take him over them every day and twice on Sundays.
I have no doubt after this post that you and k-town are sad....you have been proven wrong multiple times only to come back with more BS about negavols...and now your playing the k-town race card...classy....

Reactions: OL SMOKEY
Don't let facts hinder you much I guess. How is it that a top half's SEC passing offense whose rushing attack is nearly dead last the QBs fault? I guess Trask is why Florida sucks at running the ball too, doesn't sound right but I'm gonna do like you and falsely blame the QB for everything.
Yes don't let facts and stats prove once again you dont have a clue....

MISS ST (5.4 YPC)
OLE MISS (5.4 YPC) 2 top the top 3 rushing teams in the SEC....piss poor passing attacks...but by your theory those 2 team should have great passing attacks...yet both in the bottom half!!!!!....ITS THE QBS

FLA only avg 129. RPG...differenceis they were effect at 4.2 YPC...Tennessee was 4.1 YPC...yet there was a 9 point difference in point per game..

Of course TRASK is light year ahead of JG despite throwing 22 passes total in his career before...the weak spot has been JG.....

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I think you are misremembering last season in particular. After the horrendous start he had, it was JG coming off the bench for most of the year fixing the mess that Brian Maurer or JT Shrout created. But please, continue to bash a VFL that has more right to be a QB than you do to be a keyboard cowboy.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I sincerely hope our running game is good enough to have a decent downfield passing game. That’s what has been missing that would greatly help JG.

Considering the talent we have at RB, I sincerely hope our passing game is enough of an actual threat to finally open up our running game.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I sincerely hope our running game is good enough to have a decent downfield passing game. That’s what has been missing that would greatly help JG.

The thing that has been missing from our team over the past few years (quite a few years) is an SEC offensive line. The best running backs can look average or less behind a weak line; oh bye the way no QB can look really good without an offensive line to lend support to his efforts. The things you say he misses may have been there all along, but without a good offensive line they can't do much.

Falsely blame? You need to get yourself back to reality. BTW, Florida and Trask are not relevant in discussing our situation.

Holy crap. I am going to eat crow. I have been super hard on JG. As a matter of fact, I quite frankly hoped he would have left the program. But I just believe I have become his biggest fan. The way he answered that question about the criticism and adversity he has went through and why he is still at Tennessee has showed me exactly the type of person that young man is. He could have easily said that he doesn’t care about what people think of him. But no, he mentioned Rockytop. Did anyone else pick up on what he was meaning there? It has been rocky his whole career and he wants to prove that he can be on top and be the best. His love for the game and his love for Tennessee is immeasurable. Wow JG. I just have this vibe that he is going to make the Tennessee faithful proud this year. I’m rooting for you young man. And I am sorry for the way I have acted towards your career.

The thing that has been missing from our team over the past few years (quite a few years) is an SEC offensive line. The best running backs can look average or less behind a weak line; oh bye the way no QB can look really good without an offensive line to lend support to his efforts. The things you say he misses may have been there all along, but without a good offensive line they can't do much.
you can't have one without the other imo

Yes don't let facts and stats prove once again you dont have a clue....

MISS ST (5.4 YPC)
OLE MISS (5.4 YPC) 2 top the top 3 rushing teams in the SEC....piss poor passing attacks...but by your theory those 2 team should have great passing attacks...yet both in the bottom half!!!!!....ITS THE QBS

FLA only avg 129. RPG...differenceis they were effect at 4.2 YPC...Tennessee was 4.1 YPC...yet there was a 9 point difference in point per game..

Of course TRASK is light year ahead of JG despite throwing 22 passes total in his career before...the weak spot has been JG.....
Florida (Trask) is actually a perfect example of what I’ve been trying to get through
I think you are misremembering last season in particular. After the horrendous start he had, it was JG coming off the bench for most of the year fixing the mess that Brian Maurer or JT Shrout created. But please, continue to bash a VFL that has more right to be a QB than you do to be a keyboard cowboy.
WHAT? You can’t be serious. If he’s misremembering then please tell us what mess BM or JTS created. BM had 4 starts. Vs UGA he had UT in the lead for once until just minutes before halftime. By that point in years past we’re normally getting blown out. Vs miss State BM was moving the offense at will and also had a lead before his injury. You can argue the lead should’ve been bigger without the two mistakes but that only farther disproves you’re claim that JG had to “fix the mess”. Vs Alabama BM had UT neck to neck down 14-7 and driving before Saban seen enough of him and sent in a cheap shot to his head. The “mess” started when JG entered the game. That ONLY leaves you with Kentucky to support your claim and ONLY if you’re one of those that 1) blames him while he was on the sideline watching his defense give up 1st down after 1st down on a 12 min opening drive that ended in 6 for them. And 2) disregard the fact that they blocked a punt and scored again two plays later. Seems to me the “mess” was created by the defense and special teams in that one. Not Maurer. Especially when you take into consideration that he still finished the half with 120 yards of total offense without a single yard in the first quarter. Sorry dude, but you seem to be misremembering last season.

Exactly. Why not stack 8 in the box when you know the QB can’t and won’t stretch the field?
You put 8 in the box it opens up a chance at a big play....but you play 6 and have others reading run first...and more time then not with a QB thats underwhelming it works

I hope JG proves me wrong and has a great senior year. It’s obvious but these first 2 games are absolutely crucial for him. We have to come out of them 2-0 with solid offensive performances.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back