JG Stats Pre-Mizzou Injury vs Post-Mizzou Injury

I said on this board way back in the talking season that we didn’t need to JG win games for us, but he just couldn’t lose games for us .

He’s doing the opposite now. He’s now losing games because of his poor decisions into coverage, pre-snap issues (again) and late throws. He seems to lack any confidence and despite what Pruitt says, it’s obvious that the coaches don’t either after the last 30 minutes and 2 OTs. I keep hoping for some Crompton like light bulb to come on, but I’m having my doubts. I hate to say this because he is a college student and seems like a good kid, and even though he’s not the only reason for our current situation, he’s the most glaring problem. We literally coached around him for more than half a game and played not to lose because we were handcuffed by his inability to make his reads properly.

kind of a small sample size, and a difference in sample size with the pre vs post, no? also, can you list his quarterback rating for pre and post?

Watch him light it up Sat vs. the Mocs, he will get that extra second to find an open receiver.

Saying JG sucks: 1) isn't true and 2) doesn't add anything to the discussion. He's an okay/average QB who I think, given his physical abilities and obvious effort, should be more effective. To me, he seems to play very slowly even after several years at UT.
Brother you are either clueless or blind. JG is a terrible football player.

JG stares down receivers that are double or triple covered and still throws the ball right to a defender. While staring down receivers he completely ignores the wide open receivers.

That is not just slow decision making, it is pure incompetence and lack of QB talent

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
There's nothing to suggest that Bailey is going anywhere but Tennessee.
I agree, not yet. I was more hinting that I hope we don’t give him a reason to more than we already have. I’m glad that kid has a good head on his shoulders. I post a lot in the FF but I’m a frequent lurker in the RF, so I’m keeping up 😎

Interesting.

Before Mizzou I wouldn't want him on my fantasy team.

After Mizzou I wouldn't want him on my fantasy team.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Brother you are either clueless or blind. JG is a terrible football player.

JG stares down receivers that are double or triple covered and still throws the ball right to a defender. While staring down receivers he completely ignores the wide open receivers.

That is not just slow decision making, it is pure incompetence and lack of QB talent

You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree, though I'm neither clueless nor blind. Way to keep your response classy, though, "brother."

Maybe you just have have never seen what "suck" looks like at the college level. JG does lock in on receivers and he does throw into coverage way more than he should. Worse, he sometimes gets obliterated because he swallows the ball despite having open receivers. However, so do a lot of average QB's at the college level. JG is average at best and at worst. Unfortunately there have been far worse QBs who have played for UT than JG. Keep it classy brother.

I think he is mentally beaten, not to say he cant be fixed, Kiffen worked miracles with Crompton, Cutcliffe did the same with Ainge, but id like to see if someone else can perform better under pressure.

I think he is mentally beaten, not to say he cant be fixed, Kiffen worked miracles with Crompton, Cutcliffe did the same with Ainge, but id like to see if someone else can perform better under pressure.
With conference play about to start, real pressure is coming.

VN Store

Back