JG received death threats earlier this year

Im not saying he faked it, TucsonVol but I've been asking if anyone knows what the threats were. So far all I'm getting are infantile responses from some guy in carolina.

I just have two questions:

1. What were the threats? I'd like to hear the actual threats before deciding if I'm gonna get all bent out of shape about it. In this day and age of snowflakery, I've heard all kinds of relatively tame things on the internet get labelled as 'threats'. So better safe than sorry.

2. Were they reported to the police? If they weren't, then obviously the person who received them didn't actually feel threatened, and hence I don't need to get all bent out of shape about it.

So far no answers on either question.

To be honest it would have been much better if Jarette had called the police, then kept his yap shut and not mentioned this to this press.

.....said the guy who purposely misspells 'Jarrett'.

FFS, it's not like TN fans are strangers to psychotic fans making threats. The same thing happened to a similar QB, Jon Crompton. To a ref who didn't call the Gaffney catch an incompletion. To the Heisman committee because Manning didn't win.

Objective, decent people don't need "to hear the actual threats" to give Guarantano the benefit of doubt; we know the deranged exist and do this, Doylene.

Reactions: Bash and T_Vol376
I just flat out don’t believe anyone made any legitimate death threats to him. And I say legitimate because someone might’ve said he’ll have to die for Pruitt to not start him or something like that. But doubt very seriously someone sent him a message threatening him with physical harm.
Jim mcwayne kinda made a similar comment a few years ago and the media jumped on him as it was an unsubstantiated claim that he eventually kinda walked back. I don’t think Jg should’ve said what he did. Just going to bring some unwanted attention to him and this team. And paint our fan base in a bad light

I just flat out don’t believe anyone made any legitimate death threats to him. And I say legitimate because someone might’ve said he’ll have to die for Pruitt to not start him or something like that. But doubt very seriously someone sent him a message threatening him with physical harm.
Jim mcwayne kinda made a similar comment a few years ago and the media jumped on him as it was an unsubstantiated claim that he eventually kinda walked back. I don’t think Jg should’ve said what he did. Just going to bring some unwanted attention to him and this team. And paint our fan base in a bad light

The ONLY problem I have with him is that he did not share it with Coach and Admin immediately, but I SPECULATE at that time he was trying to man up. I don't know how he received these threats, phone or text based, but I really hope he can provide some info that will lead to the arrest of anyone capable of making threats. There is zero justification for this, and I am a bit ashamed that we have anyone in Orange justifying or minimalizing such actions, especially to apply conjecture in the absence of knowledge of the facts.

I suspicion he got some unkind expressions when he chose UT over Rutgers, and he is comparing and contrasting those and subsequent thoughts shared with him since he arrived and prior to this experience. It is SOME members of our fan base (real or perceived) that have the paint and the brushes, trying to provide them cover only makes us all seem lower down the integrity scale. I hope they can be identified as Orange trolls, or if they really think they are VOLS, have their CARD removed and denied access to whatever methodology they used to made said threats.

I think we often forget that football is simply entertainment. Giving opinions about a performance during a game is one thing, but making death threats is totally unforgivable and acceptable. If a person cant control themselves better than that they should find a new past time.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He said "no". Not condoning it doesn't make it go away.

The best answer is to avoid social media. All of it. But kids won't, its in their DNA. That's too bad.

Most will live to regret it.
He said "no". Not condoning it doesn't make it go away.

The best answer is to avoid social media. All of it. But kids won't, its in their DNA. That's too bad.

Most will live to regret it.
72% of statistics on the internet are made up.

I would hope this wouldn’t be true, but in today’s world nothing surprises me. Particularly those that can become so detached from reality and reason to actually threaten a kid. Sad state of affairs.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I doubt it was a serious death threat, but more along the lines of “you should be dead” type stuff. I think there is a context issue here that the media ran with.

Reactions: TucsonVol
Swain knew about the threats for over a month, so I have no doubt that whatever was being spewed at JG was enough to warrant some concern. Swain said that is why he felt like he was making efforts to steer criticism in a constructive fashion because he knew the situation was out of hand (he talked about it on yesterday’s show in the first hour and it is available on your podcast for those who demand proof of Swain’s comments).

Wouldn't surprise me if it were one or more of the nut jobs that post their JG hate BS here on Volnation. You know who you are.

I doubt it was a serious death threat, but more along the lines of “you should be dead” type stuff. I think there is a context issue here that the media ran with.

Without being privy to the threats, though, you're really in no position to doubt but rather choose to doubt.

"You should be dead" "And you sister should be raped"- ugly comments from an abusive, POS but comment is not actually a threat. POS is mildly psychotic and in an inflamed state is capable of violence. Let's say threat level 1-5.

"You should be dead and if I run across you, you will be! I'll drag your azz behind the truck from here to Memphis on backroads" - POS's inbred TN stepbrother who makes a threat. A low level threat meant to intimidate, but if he saw JG walking down Cumberland Ave, well, maybe a 4-8; who knows?

"You should be dead. You won't finish the season; I know how to find you" - the third brother. Pinging the right side of the meter now. We can only hope the trio kill each other off in a violent contention over who has first dibs on Sis' tonight, preferably before spawning a nephew-son in their image.

Doesn't matter if any of them actually intend to make it their life's mission to harm JG, that they're warped enough to think it and make the shiddy comment or threat, is plenty. Get a handful or two of those directed at you and carry it around for awhile.

No....it absolutely does not come with the territory. Your statement is completely foolish.
It does come with the territory, I didnt say it should, but it does at every big time school, since the beginning of big time football.

VN Store

Back