JG named to 2019 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award watch list

What OP posted, errrr, to tel the truth, wasn't nice or perhaps not nicely stated. You know, not that I'm one to talk, if you can't say something.... oh nevermind, folks don't listen anyway.

Reactions: Ertel
Not to knock JG but ill never understand how its an honor to be one of 49 players on a watch list. Arent there like 130 FBS teams? So over 1/3 of them are on the watch list? Why even have a watch list?
How about this headline then? JG joins only 3 other SEC qbs on the Unitas watch list? Aren’t there 14 SEC teams? Give the kid some credit.

Nope, didnt say that at all, you just found an easy way to get butthurt and go SJW defending a player i didnt attack. How about reading my post again and highlighting where i said a single negative thing about him instead of inventing new ways to b**** and moan over something that didnt happen. Sometimes when someone says they mean no offense, they literally mean that. Personally i think JG has a huge year, hes talented and makes good accurate throws when he has time. Theres plenty of metrics out there showing how bad the Oline, WR drops and Helton were last year and how they held him back. Ive personally got him predicted to throw for around 3200 yards and 25-28 tds with his supporting cast and Chaney at the helm.

Try and save face however you like. It’s a knock it’s just sugar coated. It’s not an honor there’s 49 other people on it. Blah blah.

Not to knock JG but ill never understand how its an honor to be one of 49 players on a watch list. Arent there like 130 FBS teams? So over 1/3 of them are on the watch list? Why even have a watch list?
Because they will have 49 chances to get it right :cool:

Try and save face however you like. It’s a knock it’s just sugar coated. It’s not an honor there’s 49 other people on it. Blah blah.
I think what he is trying to say is the watch list should be named Johnny Unitas Golden Arm eligibility list since all eligible players are listed. It's kind of like telling your son on his HS graduation day "Congrats! You've been named to the US military draft watch list!!!"

In his other posts he has said he believes JG is going to have a great year. I don't see any reason not to take what he says at face value.

I think what he is trying to say is the watch list should be named Johnny Unitas Golden Arm eligibility list since all eligible players are listed. It's kind of like telling your son on his HS graduation day "Congrats! You've been named to the US military draft watch list!!!"

In his other posts he has said he believes JG is going to have a great year. I don't see any reason not to take what he says at face value.
Thank you, never been one to bash JG and never will. Glad someone actually read what i said and understood it.

Lol, sure. You caught me.
This is the reason there are many that almost never post. They enjoy reading the banter but don’t get involved because some get butt hurt and twist what they say. It’s happened to me a few times already and The childish responses take the fun out of it.

This is the reason there are many that almost never post. They enjoy reading the banter but don’t get involved because some get butt hurt and twist what they say. It’s happened to me a few times already and The childish responses take the fun out of it.
Welcome to the internet.

You just found a long way to say JG doesent deserve it. He’s good at what he does. He’s a Volunteer. He’ll be a VFL. How about supporting the man instead inventing new ways to hate on him
Thats funny, I didnt see him say that at all. He was more referencing the "watch list" that has 50 people on it.. why dont we just watch them all?! Everything isnt a personal attack on JG and shouldnt be taken as such by grown ups

Reactions: Ertel and 1vol8
We try to knock it down as best we can, but it just comes with the territory.
I get it. Like you said.... it’s the internet. Just sucks there are so many like that. It makes you keep a lot of thoughts to yourself despite just wanting to talk football with someone.

I get it. Like you said.... it’s the internet. Just sucks there are so many like that. It makes you keep a lot of thoughts to yourself despite just wanting to talk football with someone.
Yep, ive barely posted in 3 years, especially not in the FF, and a lot of it is because of that. Its so petty and irrational.

Yep, ive barely posted in 3 years, especially not in the FF, and a lot of it is because of that. Its so petty and irrational.
I totally understand. There are a lot of things I keep to myself simply because it’ll get blown out of proportion with a few posters on here. I still enjoy it though. Just not as much as when I was simply a spectator. The only reason I still post is out of respect because VN KNOWS football and I just hope to find an adult to have an adult conversation about football.

VN Store

Back