JG is with coach Zach Azzani @ Denver

That pass was lead pipe evidence that his shoulder was still screwed up. Not enough was made of that. He was soft tossing balls all day. My guess is that we'll hear something about a shoulder surgery in the offseason for Jalen Hurts

maybe so but i'm guessing you don't run a dozen qb sneaks w/ a bum shoulder and don't winch once. he's never been better than average passer at best.i really like the guy and followed him when he was booted from bama to ok. then philly.he has 2 top 10 recvrs padding his numbers,w/o them he's a backup qb.

You really like hating on JG, don't you? Powder dry? Ball loaded? Ready to take aim at JoMil this season? Sure you are.
Joe Milton is a good quarterback, I think he will be an all sec quarterback after next season, and a 1st round draft pick. Guarantano is the worst multi year starter in Tennessee history. You can’t compare the two.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Joe Milton is a good quarterback, I think he will be an all sec quarterback after next season, and a 1st round draft pick. Guarantano is the worst multi year starter in Tennessee history. You can’t compare the two.

Get 'em, Jar Jar Binks. Show ole JG who's the boss.
beat-dead-horse.gif

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
JG has size and a strong arm--but he was consistently late getting rid of the ball and had a knack for throwing game-losing
interceptions.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
JG has size and a strong arm--but he was consistently late getting rid of the ball and had a knack for throwing game-losing
interceptions.

Guarantano breaks record, continues efficient season in win.

Guarantano continued his strong showing this year in his first full season as the Vols’ starting quarterback by setting a school record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception Saturday during Tennessee’s 24-7 upset of 11th-ranked Kentucky.

After finishing 12-of-20 passing for 197 yards and two touchdowns against the Wildcats, the Vols’ redshirt sophomore quarterback now has thrown 146 consecutive passes without an interception. Through 10 games this season, he has completed 65.1 percent of his passes for 1,768 yards, 11 touchdowns and just two interceptions.

Guarantano breaks record, continues efficient season in win.

Guarantano continued his strong showing this year in his first full season as the Vols’ starting quarterback by setting a school record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception Saturday during Tennessee’s 24-7 upset of 11th-ranked Kentucky.

After finishing 12-of-20 passing for 197 yards and two touchdowns against the Wildcats, the Vols’ redshirt sophomore quarterback now has thrown 146 consecutive passes without an interception. Through 10 games this season, he has completed 65.1 percent of his passes for 1,768 yards, 11 touchdowns and just two interceptions.
Now do the 2020 game.

Doubt it considering this offense requires the QB to make quick decisions.

The college game went too fast for JG.

Lol. Dude JG had no QB coaching his first 3 years. Look at the head coaches he was under. Honest question, do you think Hooker is anywhere near the QB he became if he was under Butch and Pruitt? No. Under Heupel this is the first time we have actually had good QB coaching since Fulmer.

Reactions: Volfan1000

55% 4592 yards 7.8 Y/A 32TDs 16 INTs 133.6 rate

61.5% 6174 yards 7.6 Y/A 38 TDs 17 INTs 136.6 rate

One of these QBs had virtually zero QB coaching throughout his career. He also went through the 2 worst HCs in school history. He also 4 different OCs at TN. Oh and a team that had little to no NFL talent. This QB played behind some of the worst OLs we have seen at TN on a LONG time.

While the other QB was part of a juggernaut program at the time teeming with NFL talent on both sides of the ball. Had TNs best coach ever and great offensive play calling and developing. This QB had a great OL, RB and OL.

I wonder if you can guess which stats goes with which description of the QB.

interceptions.

You would too with an OL that performed like a Kleenex tissue sea wall against a tsunami.

One of these QBs had virtually zero QB coaching throughout his career. He also went through the 2 worst HCs in school history. He also 4 different OCs at TN. Oh and a team that had little to no NFL talent. This QB played behind some of the worst OLs we have seen at TN on a LONG time.

While the other QB was part of a juggernaut program at the time teeming with NFL talent on both sides of the ball. Had TNs best coach ever and great offensive play calling and developing. This QB had a great OL, RB and OL.

Compare him with Josh Dobbs they both played for Butch, that is more congruent argument.

Compare him with Josh Dobbs they both played for Butch, that is more congruent argument.

Ok so Dobbs was better. No argument. The whole point is I believe JG would have been a much better QB had he had actual coaching like Heupel.

Ok so Dobbs was better. No argument. The whole point is I believe JG would have been a much better QB had he had actual coaching like Heupel.

Dobbs had same zero coaching, but the cream rises to the top no matter if its cream. JG may have been slightly better with different coaching, but he is a slow thinker not a true dual threat who ever labeled him the top 2 dual threat in recruiting should be banned from recruiting services. He runs around 4-8 to 4-9 forty and makes bad decisions when lights come on. He could make a great scout team QB in Pros for the Taxi squad. Just a great practice player but not a gamer.
By all I've ever heard minus the pouting vs GT and the going rogue vs Alabama, he is a great teammate and all-around good guy.

VN Store

Back