JG interview.

I can live with that.

If you look how our team is built. Veterans across the board on offense. Sometimes....often times all you need is a new spark. Jake Fromm came in for an injured 5 star at UGA. The 5 star was playing well until the injury. He got healthy and never could get his job back.

I think Maurer from a personality and "esthetic" standpoint in football skill is good to exceptional.

We'll see. I just want the QB...to lead the team to wins. I think Maurer is the best chance.
His high school team won 2 games last year, he has thrown 25 interceptions his last 20 hs games, he's extremely underweight to play QB in the SEC, he comes from an offense in HS completely different than the one we run and he's never won or played well in any game with athletes close to those of the SEC and you believe he gives us the best chance to win in 2019? My guess is that he'll never get past being a backup at UT and will get limited snaps his time here. Only way he plays this year is if injuries occur to the other 2. If he's a better option then so be it but nothing so far would indicate that he's any better than any QB on the roster.

His high school team won 2 games last year, he has thrown 25 interceptions his last 20 hs games, he's extremely underweight to play QB in the SEC, he comes from an offense in HS completely different than the one we run and he's never won or played well in any game with athletes close to those of the SEC and you believe he gives us the best chance to win in 2019? My guess is that he'll never get past being a backup at UT and will get limited snaps his time here. Only way he plays this year is if injuries occur to the other 2. If he's a better option then so be it but nothing so far would indicate that he's any better than any QB on the roster.
You are correct.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
bro...JG was 95th nationally in attempts...our team had one of the slowest tempos and ran near the fewest plays in D1. Ergo, fewest RZ attempts in the SEC. Dead last in rushing in the SEC...hmmm!

Learn stats and efficiencies. Old school stats are for dulls.

Fewest attempts because he isn't good enough to run an offense or execute difficult passes. The coaches game planned away from our weakest link (JG).

We have the 2nd worst QB in the SEC.

As many people have already pointed out, you are delusional.

Feleipe Franks only had 35 more completions and put up 24 TD

You probably wonder why you score dead last in your friend's fantasy football league too... it's because you don't know your anus hole from a hole in the ground.

Last edited:
If Jarrett has time to throw this year I think he could reach 3000 yards. He read blitzes and coverages better last season and led us to a couple of unexpected wins against ranked teams. He needs to improve his consistency and touch on intermediate throws. If Brandon Kennedy is healthy I expect our interior O-line will be very solid with he and the Johnsons. Wanya as a Freshman-- who knows? I like him but that's a tough tough thing to do. I think Tatum will start out at RT but it will probably ( I hope) become clear pretty fast that Darnell Wright is better. Bottom line, we improve our overall offense JG will improve.

If Jarrett has time to throw this year I think he could reach 3000 yards. He read blitzes and coverages better last season and led us to a couple of unexpected wins against ranked teams. He needs to improve his consistency and touch on intermediate throws. If Brandon Kennedy is healthy I expect our interior O-line will be very solid with he and the Johnsons. Wanya as a Freshman-- who knows? I like him but that's a tough tough thing to do. I think Tatum will start out at RT but it will probably ( I hope) become clear pretty fast that Darnell Wright is better. Bottom line, we improve our overall offense JG will improve.

Our defense won the Kentucky game, not JG.

Fewest attempts because he isn't good enough to run an offense or execute difficult passes. The coaches game planned away from our weakest link (JG).

We have the 2nd worst QB in the SEC.

As many people have already pointed out, you are delusional.

Feleipe Franks only had 35 more completions and put up 24 TD

You probably wonder why you score dead last in your friend's fantasy football league too... it's because you don't know your anus hole from a hole in the ground.

Complete and utter conjecture on your part. Pruitt always said he wanted to be a running team.

Further proof you are just BSing: Chryst didn't pass anymore than JG. His 2 main games were mizzou and bama and we passed at a season average vs bama and only 21 times vs mizzou. Our 3 most pass heavy games by far were usc, auburn, and vandy - all jg games.

That's why I don't get some of you JG haters. You just made a long post off all conjecture. While we are using actual stats and facts. All you all have is subjective opinion - "too slow", "doesnt have it upstairs", "2nd worst qb in the league" (based on what?) lol. It's sad really how easy an debate is against you all.

that's true, no need for his 9.9 YPA for 197 yards and 2 tds and 0 ints. He only got to throw the ball 20 times that game and that's what he did lol. :yawn:

I guess you forgot that a lot of his yardage and one of those Touchdowns was a total accident Hail-Mary.

Watch the replay, JG chucked a shitter ball and literally thanked god because he was so surprised he scored a TD.

You are a delusional homer. JG has already peaked and is nothing more than a game manager. You just have zero ability to evaluate talent.

Last edited:
Complete and utter conjecture on your part. Pruitt always said he wanted to be a running team.

Further proof you are just BSing: Chryst didn't pass anymore than JG. His 2 main games were mizzou and bama and we passed at a season average vs bama and only 21 times vs mizzou. Our 3 most pass heavy games by far were usc, auburn, and vandy - all jg games.

That's why I don't get some of you JG haters. You just made a long post off all conjecture. While we are using actual stats and facts. All you all have is subjective opinion - "too slow", "doesnt have it upstairs", "2nd worst qb in the league" (based on what?) lol. It's sad really how easy an debate is against you all.

I did use facts, you just choose to ignore the fact that our QB only scored 12 TD and led one of the worst offenses in NCAAF for two years in a row.

All coaches game plan to the strength of their team and our coach obviously thinks that limiting how many mistakes JG can make is the best way to win on offense. Why do you think we kept running the ball so often and kept a slow pace? Because our QB is trash and would be a backup at every SEC school besides Arkansas.

Many other QBs in the SEC had a higher QBR than JG on ALOT more attempts... You are cherry picking a stat that isn't even impressive.

He is the 2nd worst QB in the SEC based on stats alone. You are obviously too stupid to read numbers or understand game film.

Last edited:
I did use facts, you just choose to ignore the fact that our QB only scored 12 TD and led one of the worst offenses in NCAAF for two years in a row.

All coaches game plan to the strength of their team and our coach obviously thinks that limiting how many mistakes JG can make is the best way to win on offense. Why do you think we kept running the ball so often and kept a slow pace? Because our QB is trash and would be a backup at every SEC school besides Arkansas.

Many other QBs in the SEC had a higher QBR than JG on ALOT more attempts... You are cherry picking a stat that isn't even impressive.

Sure, 12 TDs on fewest RZ attempts in the league. That's what is left out, he barely had opportunities. He can't help that we were dead last in rushing and we ran 65% of the time. Not on him.

How is number of attempts relevant to qbr? It's efficiency based. More or less doesn't affect it braniac.

Literally your entire 2nd paragraph is pure conjecture. Let's stick to facts, not your daydreams.

Sure, 12 TDs on fewest RZ attempts in the league. That's what is left out, he barely had opportunities. He can't help that we were dead last in rushing and we ran 65% of the time. Not on him.

How is number of attempts relevant to qbr? It's efficiency based. More or less doesn't affect it braniac.

Literally your entire 2nd paragraph is pure conjecture. Let's stick to facts, not your daydreams.

Fewest RZ attempts because he can't lead an offense. You are clueless and at this point I'm convinced you are related to him.

The other QBs were more efficient on more attempts.... meaning that they performed better on a more consistent basis. JG is a check down machine that can't throw deep.

Teams squat all the short routes because they know JG is a terrible QB and can't actually execute anything besides a slant/out/in/dig/crossers

Fewest RZ attempts because he can't lead an offense. You are clueless and at this point I'm convinced you are related to him.

The other QBs were more efficient on more attempts.... meaning that they performed better on a more consistent basis. JG is a check down machine that can't throw deep.

Teams squat all the short routes because they know JG is a terrible QB and can't actually execute anything besides a slant/out/in/dig/crossers

More fluffy conjecture. How about how our passing offense was 38th last year and rushing was in the 100s? Dead last rushing in the sec. If you can do basic math, then you'll never understand.

2nd paragraph - has zero to do with consistency. Qbr doesn't measure consistency nor erraticness. Do you understand what consistency means and qbr even works? Lmao...yikes

But been fun crushing you. But you don't grasp logic, so it's like talking to a child tbh. Not being mean, just honest. I'm done with you now. Take a lap boy

More fluffy conjecture. How about how our passing offense was 38th last year and rushing was in the 100s? Dead last rushing in the sec. If you can do basic math, then you'll never understand.

2nd paragraph - has zero to do with consistency. Qbr doesn't measure consistency nor erraticness. Do you understand what consistency means and qbr even works? Lmao...yikes

But been fun crushing you. But you don't grasp logic, so it's like talking to a child tbh. Not being mean, just honest. I'm done with you now. Take a lap boy

You obviously don't understand statistics and you have hero worship for JG.

JG is 48th in passer rating, tied for 88th in TD, 86th in pass yards, 85th in yards per game, 49th in Yards per completion, 50th in completion percentage, Outside the top 194 players in points responsible for.

If you think those stats are good you should probably stop posting here for life.

homer-simpson-tv-sports-pennant.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
Always easier for the "know nothing" crowd to blame the 8th QB in the SEC, rather than the 14th rushing attack and dead last OL....because that makes sense. But simpletons need 1 person to blame since they can't fathom how larger systems operate.

But what about the impact of one?
In the game of football the QB is the centerpiece.

Yes, you are right about people on here not understanding the web of football.

But a good QB can change the whole personality of a team.

Here is the good news. For "both" sides. (Why does everyone have to pick a side always? šŸ˜”)

Jim Chaney excepted a lateral movement here because he knew he could go anywhere and improve what is already there offensively. And he wasn't appreciated at UGA.

JG is no doubt.... going to improve the next 7 months. Because of Chaney and the line being older. I truly believe that. But it won't matter...

VN Store

Back