JG interview.

Dormady did finish with a higher yards per carry average than the dual threat QB so there's that :).He gets the Dobbs award between the 2.

In the back and forth between you guys (pro and anti JG), you all do realize that he is a current member of the team, regardless where he is, as in his development (or maybe lack there of). Who knows. In your effort to gain supremacy over each other, Some have have forgotten that he still represents the team and has things that need to be fixed. Not saying he is next Peyton, but come on. Criticism is fine and good for a healthy debate, read what you post, sometimes.

Reactions: VolNExile
Why didn’t they let him or want him to make those calls? Nobody knows.
No. But the better speculation is that he couldn't do it to their satisfaction. If he could have... it would have only made the O easier to coach. If he could do it... there's very few reasons not to let him do it.

Now if you want to say that Pruitt and the staff didn’t trust him, then why play him? They had a guy who was supposedly fully able to read defenses and make those calls. Yet he couldn’t win the starting job. I believe that the main reason that they didn’t let JG do those things is because both Pruitt and Helton were rookies.
Nope. Helton and Pruitt have both been around for a long time now. That's not a reasonable suggestion. JG was the best option. KC made mistakes at Stanford too. That's why he wasn't their starter. He made some good reads but then inexplicable boneheaded reads. That cost him the job in both places.

In Pruitt’s second year all of a sudden JG will have full control. We now have a veteran OC who has been around high level QB play. Coincidence? Me thinks not.
No. No coincidence though it has nothing to do with Pruitt being a rookie. JG now plays for an OC who demands his QB's manage the O. He doesn't make it optional. I hope JG can handle it. But if he doesn't... he now plays for someone who will find someone who can.

Still keeping up the same lies. You really need some new material.

Show one shred of evidence that QD ran things JG didn't once he became STARTER.
If you know anything about what you are looking at... then you can go back and watch. But we both know you don't.

The numbers don't back that claim up.
The "numbers" say JG cannot lead UT to points or wins. The "eyes" say that there are things that two consecutive staffs haven't been comfortable letting JG do. Maybe they're part of this grand conspiracy you've conjured... and wanted JG to fail so badly that they were willing to lose rather than let him look good. But that's about as reasonable as most of your "stuff".

Reactions: LittleVol
Wow this post is loaded with information backing your claim. YOU WIN!

So because Larry Scott the dodering fool of an OC we had let Dormady "do more" that makes QD better?
No. He threw passes JG either isn't allowed to throw or lacks the confidence to throw. He made the calls JG is now saying Chaney wants him to make.

What did he do more of? Well he did throw more INT'S in about 200 less attempts.

Be sure to invite me to the wedding.
Yeah. And even Jones said that Dormady was trying to do "too much" to make up for the inexperience of the WR's.

QD wasn't great. He doesn't have JG's physical talent.... and JG still can't read D's or make decisions fast enough.... he still doesn't throw slants or any other pass that requires him to read a coverage and throw to an opening.

No. He threw passes JG either isn't allowed to throw or lacks the confidence to throw. He made the calls JG is now saying Chaney wants him to make.

Yeah. And even Jones said that Dormady was trying to do "too much" to make up for the inexperience of the WR's.

QD wasn't great. He doesn't have JG's physical talent.... and JG still can't read D's or make decisions fast enough.... he still doesn't throw slants or any other pass that requires him to read a coverage and throw to an opening.
2017 in the same offense. Also take into account JG faced all bowl teams or SEC teams as a starter.

Dormady 6.8 ypa 5.7 aypa
JG 7.1 ups 7.1 aypa

You don't average more ypa and especially more aypa throwing shorter passes.

Nothing backs up the drivel you spit. Give it up.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Are you trying to say QD is better than JG?

He's trying. He'd be more believable wearing a sandwhich board, (nekid underneath) with a long beard and ringing a bell while walking around NYC in January.

You just have to go back and look and watch super careful like he does and you will see it. What you don't see it? You have to look in the nooks and some of the cranies. You have to do some real hard careful looking....If you can't see it it's because you're not as smart as he is. Only he can see the important things. All stats that QB's are measured by mean nothing compared to the watchful eyes of SJt18.

I'm 99% sure your just as wrong about this as you usually are.... but I'd like to see your proof.

Like proof would matter...
You'd just say he was being ignorant "playing the fact and stat game"
OR
the article was written by a hack or you could have sworn that although QB A in the article was listed as not calling plays you could've swore you saw him play Texas El Paso and make a goal line check thus proving the whole article and the use of all words to make cohesive sentences useless while confronting you.

He's trying. He'd be more believable wearing a sandwhich board, (nekid underneath) with a long beard and ringing a bell while walking around NYC in January.

You just have to go back and look and watch super careful like he does and you will see it. What you don't see it? You have to look in the nooks and some of the cranies. You have to do some real hard careful looking....If you can't see it it's because you're not as smart as he is. Only he can see the important things. All stats that QB's are measured by mean nothing compared to the watchful eyes of SJt18.
Well said, sir.

Reactions: Rocky_top08
Like proof would matter...
You'd just say he was being ignorant "playing the fact and stat game"
Nope. Stats are "facts". Stats are also limited.
the article was written by a hack or you could have sworn that although QB A in the article was listed as not calling plays you could've swore you saw him play Texas El Paso and make a goal line check thus proving the whole article and the use of all words to make cohesive sentences useless while confronting you.
IOW's, he was talking out of his rear, you know it, but want to defend him anyway. Gotcha.

Are you trying to say QD is better than JG?
No. I'm trying to say that Dormady did some things better than JG. Some of those things are particular weaknesses for JG that it seems two staffs have recognized... and attempted to avoid.

"Better" is pretty relative when you're talking about a guy who was 3-3 as a starter vs a guy who is now 6-11 as the "leader of the offense".

2017 in the same offense. Also take into account JG faced all bowl teams or SEC teams as a starter.

Dormady 6.8 ypa 5.7 aypa
JG 7.1 ups 7.1 aypa

Yeah, about 20 ppg and a 6-11 record as the "leader of the offense". They've "managed" him rather than having HIM manage the O.

Reactions: LittleVol
No. I'm trying to say that Dormady did some things better than JG. Some of those things are particular weaknesses for JG that it seems two staffs have recognized... and attempted to avoid.

"Better" is pretty relative when you're talking about a guy who was 3-3 as a starter vs a guy who is now 6-11 as the "leader of the offense".
You have no idea at all why the coaches decided to limit what he could do. You just assume the worst. You're a ****ing conspiracy theorist. You don't know this. You think it.

You try to pass all your opinions as fact, dude. You ignore anything that suggest otherwise and say we just don't understand. You do realize that almost everyone thinks JG is much better than you few claim, right? So are we all stupid? Are we all crazy? Or is it possible that you few are simply wrong? Either way, your opinion of JG is simply that. An opinion. Stop speaking as if its a fact. Any stat you post to "prove" JG sucks... we can just post stats that prove the opposite. You have your opinion. We have ours. Lets all shut the hell up about it until we finish a couple of games this coming season.

Any coincidence there? Whats the point? The point is people need to stop with the QB is the sole reason an offense struggles and games are won or lost.
This is ESPN's whole agenda and I cannot stand it... People (their viewership) actually fall for that crap...

4 years. 4 different OCs. 3 different HCs. 3 different S&C coaches. 2 QB coaches. Man thats gotta be tough. Most horrible OL play in school history. WRs that led the SEC in drop %. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont believe any QB in recent memory has went through anything remotely close to what JG has since coming to UT.
I agree with everything but he has only had 2 head coaches Butch recruited him here. I mean not that it changes a lot he has still not had any consistency from any coaching position period.

You try to pass all your opinions as fact, dude.
No. I state opinions like everyone else... dude.

You ignore anything that suggest otherwise and say we just don't understand.
No. I disagree with you. Did you just state an opinion as fact?

You do realize that almost everyone thinks JG is much better than you few claim, right?
No. I don't "realize" that... MOST agree that he doesn't read D's well. MOST agree he is too slow making decisions. Any who have checked will not deny that he doesn't throw certain passes or into certain areas of the field that require him to read and anticipate coverage.

So are we all stupid? Are we all crazy?
Being wrong whether you or me is not an indication of either necessarily.
Or is it possible that you few are simply wrong?
The truth unfortunately for you is not subject to a vote. There are things he does not do well. There are things he does not do well that would have helped the OL if he'd done them well. Even JG mentioned some of those things in his interview though he indirectly blamed them on the last OC... though the OC prior didn't trust him with some of the same things.

Either way, your opinion of JG is simply that. An opinion. Stop speaking as if its a fact.
I don't state my opinion as fact any more than you or those you agree with do. Stop acting holier than thou.

Any stat you post to "prove" JG sucks... we can just post stats that prove the opposite.
And a "stat" you can't post is where I've said he "sucks". I've said he has issues that hold him back. I've send he has very good physical talent. I've said I WANT him to get better and be the QB he can be.

You have your opinion. We have ours. Lets all shut the hell up about it until we finish a couple of games this coming season.
You're able to do just that... aren't you? Did anyone make you post this? As for me, as long as Freak is OK with me... it is not your place to tell me what I can or cannot post.

You have no idea at all why the coaches decided to limit what he could do.
Either the coaches have limited him or else he has not had the confidence to do it. I can SEE that he has not thrown slants and other routes that help slow a rush down. Good grief. Did you even listen to JG's interview? He said the same thing. He said it as if he was being freed to make calls and hot reads... which would mean EXACTLY what I suggested- they wouldn't let him. When your O is as ineffective in scoring points as UT's has been behind JG... why would a coach deny a player with the ability to do those things the choice to do them? Chaney is going to demand that he do it... and probably find someone else if he can't.

You just assume the worst. You're a ****ing conspiracy theorist. You don't know this. You think it.
I know he almost never throws to the middle of the field. I know that he seldom leads receivers open or throws to a spot in anticipation of the coverage and receiver. I know the OC last year favored passes to the sideline that allow a receiver to make a play and use the sideline to reduce where the defense can come from. I know that he often thinks too long in the pocket causing pressure and short throws. Those aren't assumptions or conspiracies... they're called "observations". Now if you want to go back and prove me wrong by giving me "stats" to disprove those things... have fun.

No. I state opinions like everyone else... dude.

No. I disagree with you. Did you just state an opinion as fact?

No. I don't "realize" that... MOST agree that he doesn't read D's well. MOST agree he is too slow making decisions. Any who have checked will not deny that he doesn't throw certain passes or into certain areas of the field that require him to read and anticipate coverage.

Being wrong whether you or me is not an indication of either necessarily.
The truth unfortunately for you is not subject to a vote. There are things he does not do well. There are things he does not do well that would have helped the OL if he'd done them well. Even JG mentioned some of those things in his interview though he indirectly blamed them on the last OC... though the OC prior didn't trust him with some of the same things.

I don't state my opinion as fact any more than you or those you agree with do. Stop acting holier than thou.

And a "stat" you can't post is where I've said he "sucks". I've said he has issues that hold him back. I've send he has very good physical talent. I've said I WANT him to get better and be the QB he can be.

You're able to do just that... aren't you? Did anyone make you post this? As for me, as long as Freak is OK with me... it is not your place to tell me what I can or cannot post.
I wasn't demanding you to stop talking about it. I was asking. On all the other stuff you said... I really don't feel like responding to every point. We know each others opinions already.

Dormady 6.8 ypa 5.7 aypa
JG 7.1 ups 7.1 aypa

JG_GOAT_QBR_LORD.png

Just stop please.

Joe Burrow got sacked 35 times and still produced more TD lmao, Keller Mond got sacked 34 times. JG is not as good as you think, it is time for you to accept this fact.

Last edited:
Dormady career stats:

100/176 56.8% and 1282 yards.
7.3 per attempt. 7 Td 6 Int rating of 124.3

Guarantano stats:

239/385 62.1% and 2904 yards.

7.5 per attempt 16 TD 5 Int rating of 136.6

JG = better YPA, better TD/INT ratio, better completion percentage and better passer rating. I could also mention the additional 1500+ yards he threw for while getting blasted on 1 step drops.

What stats are you looking at?

How many great Dormady games were there for a career 57% passer who can't crack a 125 rating?\ and sports a 1:1 TD/int ratio?

This. JG had the most efficient throwing season since Bray, minus only Dobbs SR year.

Reactions: k-town_king
View attachment 197230

Just stop please.

Joe Burrow got sacked 35 times and still produced more TD lmao, Keller Mond got sacked 34 times. JG is not as good as you think, it is time for you to accept this fact.

bro...JG was 95th nationally in attempts...our team had one of the slowest tempos and ran near the fewest plays in D1. Ergo, fewest RZ attempts in the SEC. Dead last in rushing in the SEC...hmmm!

Learn stats and efficiencies. Old school stats are for dulls.

Yeah, about 20 ppg and a 6-11 record as the "leader of the offense". They've "managed" him rather than having HIM manage the O.
Don't change the subject because you are proven wrong again.

You said he ran different plays but averaged less ypa. I guess he was running safer plays than JG. Apparently QD was the one running the limited o.

Reactions: MustafaRasta

VN Store

Back