JG gets a ton of blame- our Rushing Offense has been even worse

Just because he was better than a true freshman doesn’t mean he was proficient. Good grief. You people set an awfully low bar for him and them claim success.
I’m not saying he’s played well enough, but he’s been the best option. He has to get more consistent. But to me it’s obvious making the right call had been the best, most consistent, part of his game.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Pro offenses require pros.
what’s funny is that pro teams aren’t even running pro offenses anymore. At least not in the traditional sense. That’s why Chaney’s offense is behind. It’s antiquated and really is nothing more than complicated.
The offense isn't complicated or antiquated. It's just been manned by some marginal players at certain positions. Coaches amazingly get smarter the more talent they have.

The offense isn't complicated or antiquated. It's just been manned by some marginal players at certain positions. Coaches amazingly get smarter the more talent they have.
That’s where we disagree. While the UGA offense did better under Chaney it was far from great and he had GREAT talent.

There is always a shoulda, woulda coulda quote with the neverJG crowd. Vegas didn't think the Vols should have blown out Indiana why do you? It gets old hearing after a win that we should have won by more. I'm glad he was lucky those last 7 games of the year or we could have easily finished 3-9

"neverJG" crowd? There may be a few people on here that are always negative. But I, and many others have consistently said we hope he turns a corner and we hope he comes out a winner. HE, not anyone else, is to blame for his problems at this point in his college career. Not that he's a bad person or sucks. But there is definitely something he didn't get as a QB so far in college. I'm still hoping he comes out his senior year and makes the critics, even me, eat crow, but so far, he just hasn't. And continues to make the same mistakes he did as a freshman, and sophomore, and ..... Also, I didn't think UT would blow IN out before the game started, as a matter of fact, I expected it to be close. But we would have beat the doors off of them if we had better QB play, that is just undeniable. We helped them stay in that game.

Pro offenses require pros.
what’s funny is that pro teams aren’t even running pro offenses anymore. At least not in the traditional sense. That’s why Chaney’s offense is behind. It’s antiquated and really is nothing more than complicated. It used to be that good teams could just run complicated offenses, but as defenses evolved being complex wasn’t enough.

Georgia may have goofed the first replacement hire (promoted within) but I think Monken will be a success. He’ll thrive on all the talent down there. UGA fans were ready to see Chaney go and word is he wasn’t going to be extended.
After 1 year I’d say Chaneys 2 mill is not worth it... just my opinion. Are far as Uga I love the monken hire.. it’s great for them. He had top 5 offenses at okstate

After 1 year I’d say Chaneys 2 mill is not worth it... just my opinion. Are far as Uga I love the monken hire.. it’s great for them. He had top 5 offenses at okstate
Monken is going to be really good if he can find a Big 12 defense to abuse.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Monken is going to be really good if he can find a Big 12 defense to abuse.
there's gonna be a lot of "new" on UGA's offense next season. gonna be interesting to see if htey can put it all together.....the OL, QB, RB, OC....all new. WR's will be the vets.....talent won't be the issue obviously....but it's a big ask to roll out all that "new" and expect it to be better than what you had...from the jump.

and yeah, the defenses in this league....no joke.....

"neverJG" crowd? There may be a few people on here that are always negative. But I, and many others have consistently said we hope he turns a corner and we hope he comes out a winner. HE, not anyone else, is to blame for his problems at this point in his college career. Not that he's a bad person or sucks. But there is definitely something he didn't get as a QB so far in college. I'm still hoping he comes out his senior year and makes the critics, even me, eat crow, but so far, he just hasn't. And continues to make the same mistakes he did as a freshman, and sophomore, and ..... Also, I didn't think UT would blow IN out before the game started, as a matter of fact, I expected it to be close. But we would have beat the doors off of them if we had better QB play, that is just undeniable. We helped them stay in that game.
I saw it differently, I saw that we had just enough team play to win the game, including doing enough at the QB position. Woulda coulda shoulda has never meant anything in sports.

I saw it differently, I saw that we had just enough team play to win the game, including doing enough at the QB position. Woulda coulda shoulda has never meant anything in sports.
woulda, coulda, shoulda is the lifeblood of this place.

and yeah, i think it goes w/out saying, the "team" won. and it took contrbutions from anyone/everyone that played.

Consequently its hard to pass the ball effectively when you have no run threat. Defense can just drop everyone in coverage. See how a TEAM sport works?

Go back and watch UT vs Florida, and LSU vs Florida, and pay attention to how many guys Florida was able to keep within 5 yards of the LOS against us, and how spread out they had to play against LSU since Burrow was a passing threat even if they got pressure on him.

Florida knew JG was not taking shots down field, most likely he would dump to his check down man even with open receivers. They had plenty of tape to know how to contain him, and they did.

Reactions: VolsnRavens
Go back and watch UT vs Florida, and LSU vs Florida, and pay attention to how many guys Florida was able to keep within 5 yards of the LOS against us, and how spread out they had to play against LSU since Burrow was a passing threat even if they got pressure on him.

Florida knew JG was not taking shots down field, most likely he would dump to his check down man even with open receivers. They had plenty of tape to know how to contain him, and they did.

Facts are obviously hard for you. Its ok. One day you will learn what a team sport needs to be effective.

I could show you the 5 straight completions he had down the stretch vs Indiana that helped the Vols win their bowl game. You would just find a way to poo on those as well. You neverJG guys are never right.
Isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black? 😉

Nobody said that he put us on his back, I said he made winning plays down the stretch vs Indiana that helped us win the game, he did the same thing in wins vs Ky and Miss St and played his best game in the win vs SCjrs. The neverJG crowd acts like JG doesn't do anything to help the team win and that's just not true I feel. Only fans are arguing over who is going to start, I'll take JG starting the opening game and I'll give you the field, it's not that tough of a prediction to make.
This entire post is hypocritical and opinionated. (Hypocrisy is bold and opinions are italic)

Bold: haven’t YOU repeatedly said the same about Maurer? Stop throwing stones in glass houses. You could hit a load barring wall.

Italic: Once again you said the exact same thing last year. Even going as far as to call Maurer 3rd string as if you KNEW something before anyone else. The coaches obviously felt much different than they lead on to believe and you can bet your bottom dollar they have and will continue to have conversations about who may start. I promise you it’s a divided opinion. So How’d that opinion work out for ya last year? Proved a pretty tough prediction didn’t it?

This entire post is hypocritical and opinionated. (Hypocrisy is bold and opinions are italic)

Bold: haven’t YOU repeatedly said the same about Maurer? Stop throwing stones in glass houses. You could hit a load barring wall.

Italic: Once again you said the exact same thing last year. Even going as far as to call Maurer 3rd string as if you KNEW something before anyone else. The coaches obviously felt much different than they lead on to believe and you can bet your bottom dollar they have and will continue to have conversations about who may start. I promise you it’s a divided opinion. So How’d that opinion work out for ya last year? Proved a pretty tough prediction didn’t it?
He didn't contribute much. Maybe not zero percent but he had a very small part in the team's wins.

There is so much more to it than just 'stacking the box' or not stacking the box. Gap responsibility and the defenses order of assignment. In a backers first responsibility is the gap and second is a zone or route , then the defense is going to be 'run first' and they will be much more effective. So the box isn't 'stacked' but the line is playing inside out and the backers are minding the gaps. When they figure it is not a run they fan out in a cloud , may delay blitz. This is where the QB comes in. He has put the team in the right blocking assignment...which JG does not. He also has to hit get a guy hot on underneath routes to get the backers out of the gap first. JG does not do this. This why a guy like Manning can manage a running game and barely need to pass and have successful games. This is the role of a field general

Reactions: 1vol8
I'll say this....if you can't watch JG hold the ball entirely too long, miss wide-open targets for 3/4 of a game, and complete a hail mary to win a game, you haven't watched the UT offense. Sorry, this kid has gone backward in proficiency since getting under center. Are there a bunch of "circumstances" surrounding that...sure....does he still stink 90% of the time...yup! I'm sure he's a great guy. Bottom line, we need better in this league. He must be a world-beater in practice is all I can come up with.

Reactions: james_govols

VN Store

Back