JG- All I need to say

Look at it from my angle. I was hoping we would see JT and Maurer in the whole game while JG healed. Pruitt is very very lucky JG didn't get his other hand broken. So you can stop the hating part right now.
You have nothing to worry about. As you can see Pruitt isn't going to let anyone get anywhere close to JG. Pruitt is seeing to that.
Now let me ask you this. Have you seen how hard it is for Pruitt to commend either JT or Maurer at his press conferences. It appears to me he almost chokes trying to say anything positive and that is a fact in my book.
Maybe CJP doesn't want to allow a very good QB to destroy his confidence by continuing to make bone headed decisions. Maurer is electric and exciting, bit has thrown 5 interceptions off simply bad decisions. He is a gunslinger both with this arm and his legs. He will not survive the season if he doesn't learn self control. JT Shrout just doesn't seem to know the playbook that well. Both will be great, but why is everyone determined that they plat y or else?

Maybe CJP doesn't want to allow a very good QB to destroy his confidence by continuing to make bone headed decisions. Maurer is electric and exciting, bit has thrown 5 interceptions off simply bad decisions. He is a gunslinger both with this arm and his legs. He will not survive the season if he doesn't learn self control. JT Shrout just doesn't seem to know the playbook that well. Both will be great, but why is everyone determined that they plat y or else?

In all honesty Pride85, we see potential and just like them. JG played a great game against SC but you have to admit JT throwing the long bomb and Jennings running wildcat was exciting as all get out. I guess that is why everyone felt so good about the game last week.
The question is, why would Pruitt let JG take hit after hit and put the kid in the position of getting hurt worse by being so hard headed. Tonight imo just was not right.
I think a lot of us thought we would get treated to both JT and Maurer getting to show off their talents before the fans and letting us make our judgements. I'm really disappointed.

I know what I am, a fan that enjoys watching the team blow out its opponent. I could not care less who starts, or who plays for that matter, as long as we win. TO obsess with one player to the point that you don't enjoy a dominating defensive performance again. Continue to complain and whine and cry to the heavens, absolutely no one who matters cares at all. You are just another anonymous immature "fan" that is unhappy with <blank>.
If you don’t enjoy watching the best players play.. are you even a fan? Just saying it’s UAB so the blowout is to be expected regardless of their record. JJ could have been QB1 and put up more points than JG. It’s not immature to want to see this program be the best it can be by playing the best players. You must settle for mediocrity in life. At least, that’s what you seem to do with UT football.

If you don’t enjoy watching the best players play.. are you even a fan? Just saying it’s UAB so the blowout is to be expected regardless of their record. JJ could have been QB1 and put up more points than JG. It’s not immature to want to see this program be the best it can be by playing the best players. You must settle for mediocrity in life. At least, that’s what you seem to do with UT football.
Continue to complain and whine when the team wins just because you don’t like the players the coaching staff feel are the “best” player. I will continue to enjoy watching the VOLS dominate a game. I don’t consider a 23 point wn mediocrity. A normal person doesn’t.

It's about winning. OK? Take a Midol & go to bed.

I shut it down. No way he was going to let JT outshine his QB no matter if it broke his other hand. Hard headed indeed. I waited all week and then this. Yes I certainly expected to win with either Maurer or JT playing.
Had JT thrown the interception you wonder if he would ever let him play again.
It may have been me but it looked like Pruitt said "Take him out" after JT's series in the 2nd half.

That is exactly what I thought he said as well. Same thing happened in Florida game with Maurer that happened with Shrout last week when he didn't stretch the ball out far enough or run just far enough to get the first down.

I am glad we won the game handily and am not complaining, but it's fairly obvious that JG has a much longer leash than the other two. It is what it is.

Because they are both better as freshmen than JG is as a redshirt junior with tons of experience (leading us to one ugly loss after another).

Not even going to go into JG, but there is no way that Shrout should not have seen more time tonight. Not the JG should not have played some, but I thought that JT should have easily got more reps tonight. But we played well on defense and at least we did score off turnovers. I am glad our staff seems to be getting the players to improve but I don't totally agree with the way the playing qb but I am not there everyday. I do think strongly that JT deserved more snaps tonight. GBO!

I think you are overstating some of Maurer's decisions in a short period of time along with JT to some of JG's problems that he hasn't overcome in a long period of time. His reaction time is slow, now he can be good if he has all day but if he has to think on his feet or a play breaks down he is usually in trouble. At some point it will blatenly obvious who are best qb is. GBO!

Young man you hate getting yelled at, but here’s a secret: WE ALL DO! What makes it most difficult to get behind JG is his attitude when he makes mistakes. Don’t you dare roll your eyes- take the feedback you earned it after all.

That’s probably why he hasn’t improved bc he doesn’t listen! Too busy rolling his eyes and pouting. He’s matured but not enough. Run the ball for the rest of the game and get this over with. At this point when JG starts throwing pics he doesn’t stop.
He's not coachable yet there's no consequences for his behavior. That's why nothing changes with him.

JG has moved into the top 10 in completions and yards and is tied for 12th in touchdowns. Literally had surgery a few days ago and is out here giving his all for Tennessee but screw him. He's boring to watch and rolls his eyes. Revoke his scholarship! Hurry!
He had 7 screws put in his hand Sunday!! I thought he did pretty good now that I know that.

JG has moved into the top 10 in completions and yards and is tied for 12th in touchdowns. Literally had surgery a few days ago and is out here giving his all for Tennessee but screw him. He's boring to watch and rolls his eyes. Revoke his scholarship! Hurry!

He shouldn’t be on the field if he had 3 good hands.

I’m not sure what the QB philosophy is in the coaches meetings, but it seems odd at best.

Thank goodness the defense is figuring things out.

I honestly don’t like watching the games when he’s in. He’s lackadaisical when playing as compared to Maurer. I honestly hope he sits the rest of the game.. and season. He’s probably the most boring player to watch and his decision making sucks.
Like him or not, he plays hard and is a better option at qb than Shrout. He took a lot of hits tonight and played through the pain

I honestly don’t like watching the games when he’s in. He’s lackadaisical when playing as compared to Maurer. I honestly hope he sits the rest of the game.. and season. He’s probably the most boring player to watch and his decision making sucks.

And he drains the energy from rest of team. This is the worse game ol has played in last 3 or 4 games. The whole team just plays with much more energy with maurer as qb. What if he throws a few int. He will but we will also score a lot more points. If Pruitt continues pulling maurer and shrout with every mistake he gona turn them into another jg. They wont throw until receiver is wide open and throw late just like jg. Shrout is pulled cause of almost int. Jg throws an int and continues to play.

Like him or not, he plays hard and is a better option at qb than Shrout. He took a lot of hits tonight and played through the pain

Jg should be 3rd string qb and not even close. Look at how ol regressed with jg in. He sucks the energy right out of them.but let him play and we might win one more game this yr.

JG playing hurt. I was done with him too, but if you can’t say anything else good about him, at least he has heart. Surgery on Mon for a broken wrist and getting pounded nearly every play today- I’ll give him the heart award, but he still not a very good QB and never will be.

He is getting pounded cause he is too slow getting rid of the ball. He also makes it very difficult for ol. That's why ol didnt play as good today, cause jg was qb

VN Store

Back