JG 13 of 24 for 164 against Alabama

I have to disagree, jg hurts us by ut having to play very conservative offensive game plan, and the opposing team crowding the los, which hurts our running game very much. You are not going to win very many games with 17 points, and this years bama defense is not the traditional defense we have seen in the past. They are giving up 29 points per game this year.
I'm not a sunshine pumper by any means but this reaction is crazy. Our defense screwed us. Our offense play calling screwed us. If that was because of JG, it's on the coaches for playing him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I haven't done the investigation but it seems to me JG has to have more losses as a starter than any other QB in school history.

At times he is directly the reason for losses (UK last week) and other times the apparent reduced game plan created by his limitations is the cause (Bama).
Not too bad really. He is 9-18 I believe. Could always be worse

I'm not a sunshine pumper by any means but this reaction is crazy. Our defense screwed us. Our offense play calling screwed us. If that was because of JG, it's on the coaches for playing him.

I agree its on the coaches, whoever, makes the decision to continue playing him, which I think is hc, I don't see our oc making that decision. Bama is averaging 49 points a game, I don't remember how much they scored against Ga, but I was thinking in the 40's

In 10 years I’m hoping we’re not reminiscing about that time when JG took Tennessee to the Gator Bowl and beat mighty Indiana.....thinking......ahh the good old days.

For you JG sunshine pumpers, LSU played a true freshman at QB last night against SC and he helped lead them to destroying SC. This guy looked like he might be the one that turns LSU's season around. Unless TN does the same starting at Arkansas then this season has been an absolute waste. Bailey needs to get the reps the rest of the way. He is either going to be the future for next year or you need to go sign someone who is but it is NOT repeat NOT JG.

JGs numbers were fantastic...If we had run the ball for 250 yds. Can’t win in the SEC without a dynamic QB. Has always been that way and always will. We don’t have one...yet.

Not too bad really. He is 9-18 I believe. Could always be worse
If that's correct, it easily has to be the most losses by a starter. A three year starting QB (which isn't that common in Tennessee history) would have 6 losses per season for each season to get to 18. A two year started would have 9 losses a season. Only one QB ever came close to being a 4 year starter and he lost 6 games total.

That's also winning a third of his starts. A 0.333 average might be good as a batter in baseball but is pretty bad everywhere else.

HT is not our best defender. That would be Bryce Thompson and it's not even close.

the entire defense burned to the ground...but you wanna just talk QB.

We got TWO hurries on Mac Jones all afternoon. That was wayyyyy more relevant than Guarantano, Saturday.

Although the defense sucked and was out classed and out coached, JG's play on offense is killing any chance UT has against upper teams in the SEC and even Kentucky, GA State, etc.. Without an offense to score 30+ points every game you are not winning nor hanging close to any other good team. It's just the way football is now. The UT safety last night was a really weak link missing out on the chance to make two big plays. Each one ended up costing a TD.

Reactions: amavol2
We didn't lose because of him, but that isn't a reason to keep him. He's so called chance of winning hasn't gone up in 3 years. He doesn't actually improve. He's essentially stuck in 2nd gear when we need 5th.

About 5 possible TDs perfectly thrown. 2 perrrfectly defended by Bama's stud Surtain and guess they called Hyatt out of bounds on another. Another play Hyatt ran wrong route and collided with Palmer. Could have easily thrown for 350, 3-5 TDs but keep complaining.

So what the solution guys?

Evidently we have soft running back that cant break tackles or long runs, an overrated oline that cant open holes or protect against edge rushers, a non existant tight end, and receivers that can not get separation.

So we throw a in quarterback with limited game experience and devise an intricate game play & expect execution? Or....

Throw in a quarterback with limited game experience and dummy down the game plan - and expect our soft RBS to all of a sudden get huge runs. That overrated offense line to start protecting and opening up big holes. A tight end that the defense actually has to account for. And our wide receivers all of a sudden separating and making plays? All based of skills alone, because we have to have a vanilla game plan?
You play the young guy as to at least gain experience for the future.

Reactions: ProudVOLfan
For you JG sunshine pumpers, LSU played a true freshman at QB last night against SC and he helped lead them to destroying SC. This guy looked like he might be the one that turns LSU's season around. Unless TN does the same starting at Arkansas then this season has been an absolute waste. Bailey needs to get the reps the rest of the way. He is either going to be the future for next year or you need to go sign someone who is but it is NOT repeat NOT JG.
A friend at work told me he heard JG was coming back next year, exercising his ‘Covid year’ option. Whether true or hearsay, just hearing that possibility made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Reactions: preacherwebb
About 5 possible TDs perfectly thrown. 2 perrrfectly defended by Bama's stud Surtain and guess they called Hyatt out of bounds on another. Another play Hyatt ran wrong route and collided with Palmer. Could have easily thrown for 350, 3-5 TDs but keep complaining.
Fact is he threw for 164 and had one of his better games. 350 and 5 tds lol gtfo

A friend at work told me he heard JG was coming back next year, exercising his ‘Covid year’ option. Whether true or hearsay, just hearing that possibility made me throw up in my mouth a little.
I will burn everything orange if that's the case

There are plenty of other threads, you didn’t have to even open it up.
yes there are plenty of other threads, which was my point. Based upon the OP’s title of the thread, it was unclear whether it was a pro or anti JG thread.

VN Store

Back