Jets sign 6th Rounder Cedric Houston

shodges119

Jets sign sixth-round draft pick

June 8, 2005
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) -- Running back Cedric Houston, the New York Jets' sixth-round pick, signed with the team on Wednesday.

The 6-foot, 220-pound Houston played at Tennessee, where he is fifth on the career rushing list with 2,634 yards in 49 games.

The Jets also released quarterback Bill Whittemore, signed just over two weeks ago.

Originally posted by shodges119@Jun 8, 2005 2:28 PM
Jets sign sixth-round draft pick

June 8, 2005
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) -- Running back Cedric Houston, the New York Jets' sixth-round pick, signed with the team on Wednesday.

[snapback]101922[/snapback]​

I hope he has the same success that some of the other UT running backs have had....

Do any players ever get drafted and STAY with the same team for their whole career?

Hopefully for the Jets, the doesn't tap his head to come out of the game after the second play of the game.

Usaully not but I think - Peyton is still with the team that drafted him - only the good ones get the life conracts!!! :thumbsup:

You really only have 6 or 7 "Francise Players" on each team. Most of the other guys switch teams every three or four years to try to get better deals.

It's mostly QB's that stay with 1 team their entire career, John Elway, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly all played for only 1 team, currently Peyton, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Tom Brady, and others have only played in 1 place and all have big long contracts that will likely keep them there.

Originally posted by Voluminous1@Jun 8, 2005 12:49 PM
I hope he has the same success that some of the other UT running backs have had....
[snapback]101932[/snapback]​

Without the felonies *cough*JAMAL*cough*

Houston is no Lewis, which might be a good thing off of the field. On the field is a different story.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jun 8, 2005 8:02 PM
Houston is no Lewis, which might be a good thing off of the field.  On the field is a different story.
[snapback]102036[/snapback]​

no knock on jamal lewis, but when you have the best line in the NFL, anyone can go for 1,500. but I guess thats why he got 2,000. that kid is special. But don't be surprised in 6 years when we are looking back and see that cedric Houston is one of the premier backs in the Nfl. He is learning behind one of the greatest backs ever in Curtis Martin. With the style the jets play, he will get alot of carries off of play action, which he did very well in college. He isn't much of a grinder, and is slow getting to the hole. But for some reason I think if he gets his shot, he will be one of them backs that you see get like 5 or 6 yard runs then when you look at the stats of the game he has 125 to 150 yards for the day

oh yeah, he showed some pretty good hands in the senior bowl also. makes me wonder why we never threw it to him.

Wow, thats just amazing. Bill Wittimore spent a season on UT-Martin's pathetic football team and somehow the coaches didn't even see fit to give him playing time so he trasfered. Now he is actually hanging around getting some looks in the NFL. Yeah, good decision by those UT-Martin coaches.

Back in the good Old days players would spend an entire career with a single team. "Bill Bates" being a favorite of mine!

Free agency has really changed Pro football, and IMO not so much for the good.

I have always been an Cowboys fan and NFL fan, but these days it's more about the almighty $ rather than building a great football squad, with unity and camaraderie. Thats why i enjoy the college game so much. Great for Ced!
Hope he is able to run right up there with the best.

VN Store

Back