Jersey Number Updates

VOLUNTEERSZN

The Original #WRU
A few jersey number updates I’ve seen so far from the Vol Day photo shoots. I’ll update as I find more

-Freshman WR Jalin Hyatt switches from 21 to 11

-Freshman WR Malachi Wideman and grad transfer WR Velus Jones have swapped numbers: Velus will wear 1, Wideman will wear 13

-Freshman OLB Morven Joseph switches from 56 to 19

-Junior S Trevon Flowers switches from 25 to 1

-Freshman ATH Dee Beckwith switches from 34 to 21

-Senior CB Kenneth George Jr switches from 41 to 5

-Freshman LB Martavius French switches from 40 to 29

-junior CB Bryce Thompson switches from 20 to 0

-freshman ATH Jabari Small switches from 33 to 20

Last edited:
A few jersey number updates I’ve seen so far from the Vol Day photo shoots. I’ll update as I find more

-Freshman WR Jalin Hyatt switches from 21 to 11

-Freshman WR Malachi Wideman and grad transfer WR Velus Jones have swapped numbers: Velus will wear 1, Wideman will wear 13

-Freshman OLB Morven Joseph switches from 56 to 19

-Junior S Trevon Flowers switches from 25 to 1

-Freshman ATH Dee Beckwith switches from 34 to 21

Just curious, how does an incoming freshman "change numbers" as he has never had a number or play a game in college, let alone for UT?

Reactions: HalfullVol
When Fuad Reveiz was kicking for Tennessee, I agitated for him to be given #11 (because, "It's good!"). Since, each time UT has had an exception PK, I've brought forth the argument anew.

I was thinking LT, but I stand corrected.

Speaking of Chuck Smith, remember when Dooley hired him as a coach for a year and he was inexplicably fired or left after the season?

Wasn't CS responsible for the D substitutions in 2010 including the LSU debacle? Another reason you don't change personnel on the goal line while the clock is running! Call a TO or go with what you got.

Reactions: keenobserver
Wasn't CS responsible for the D substitutions in 2010 including the LSU debacle? Another reason you don't change personnel on the goal line while the clock is running! Call a TO or go with what you got.

I didn't know that he was responsible. Definitely grounds for dismissal...

Just curious, how does an incoming freshman "change numbers" as he has never had a number or play a game in college, let alone for UT?
Just basing it off of the “freshman numbers” post the Football team put on its twitter page a few days ago

VN Store

Back