Jerry stackhouse’s response to the UT game.

I agree with him that it's a bad look for the home crowd to boo players. But it's funny when a coach has to address an irrelevant streak ending with words like "the importance of basketball tradition, history and legacy." That's so Vandy.

It sure was fun to watch their fans get bent out of shape over it though. :)

Definitely seems like a classy guy. Vanderbilt fans are absolute morons for booing their own team when they were driving to the rim making layups and dunks. Still don't know if I'd have posted something like that on Twitter though as it will likely prove to be more meme material than anything

I took it like the fans were trying to communicate to the team that they needed to get a 3-pointer. Didn't seem to me they were booing the players.

Reactions: TJVol95
I just watched the game yesterday after recording it. What was the deal with all the TV time for Stackhouse? They had him on as much as the game. He's standing on the edge of the court with the camera fixed on him again and again. It was weird.

He agreed to be mic’d up for the entire game, so they focused a lot of attention on him.

Stackhouse is in a bad situation imo. He wasn’t able to really capitalize on his name and new coach excitement with his first recruiting class and then he lost his best player to injury. I think he could be a good head coach but he is inexperienced and will have to try and learn on the job in a tough SEC. I don’t think he will last too long at Vandy.

I saw the Vandy guards come down and not even hesitate at the 3 point line then drove straight to the rim 5 or 6 times on their last 10 possessions. They did not seem like they were trying for a 3 at all, oblivious in fact.

I just watched the game yesterday after recording it. What was the deal with all the TV time for Stackhouse? They had him on as much as the game. He's standing on the edge of the court with the camera fixed on him again and again. It was weird.
Maybe because his tenure at vandie will likely be brief. Doesn't appear to be an effective bench coach. That said, deal with it, commode-doors.:cool:

At least they can cling to their academics, but they’ll never even sniff the prestige of actual highly ranked schools. That’s Vandy for ya.

VN Store

Back