Jeremy Pruitt future DC at Bama....

I think Fulmer knew that the Vols needed a massive talent infusion after Butch thus hiring Pruitt who was a thorough SEC insider with top programs. Pruitt proceeded to do just that. In fact Pruitt may have won 8/9 games with last year's team if the inside job had not been done to get rid of him. It was ham handed payment of players no doubt - but look at the talent he brought in including Hooker and he had Toto, Gray, Chandler, other kids that went to Oklahoma - that was a solid SEC roster. I am pleased the way it all worked out as Heupel is the real deal but Pruitt as far as recruiting and roster development was far ahead of Kiff, Dooley and Butch. He will be a solid DC at Bama if there is no show cause. Don't pay him any severance due to blatant stupidity in handling payments but Jeremy should be given credit for the roster rebuild if nothing else. In fact Dooley Butch and Jeremy all tried to restore the Vols - Kiffin used it as a stepping stone and had the loyalty of a skunk and was the worst hire of the group for what he did to the program. Josh Heupel has done the best job since Doug Dickey and he is so far ahead of Dickey in coaching acumen and ability there is no comparison. Dickey flopped at Florida in the most talent rich state in America which was quite a surprise.

I think Fulmer knew that the Vols needed a massive talent infusion after Butch thus hiring Pruitt who was a thorough SEC insider with top programs. Pruitt proceeded to do just that. In fact Pruitt may have won 8/9 games with last year's team if the inside job had not been done to get rid of him. It was ham handed payment of players no doubt - but look at the talent he brought in including Hooker and he had Toto, Gray, Chandler, other kids that went to Oklahoma - that was a solid SEC roster. I am pleased the way it all worked out as Heupel is the real deal but Pruitt as far as recruiting and roster development was far ahead of Kiff, Dooley and Butch. He will be a solid DC at Bama if there is no show cause. Don't pay him any severance due to blatant stupidity in handling payments but Jeremy should be given credit for the roster rebuild if nothing else. In fact Dooley Butch and Jeremy all tried to restore the Vols - Kiffin used it as a stepping stone and had the loyalty of a skunk and was the worst hire of the group for what he did to the program. Josh Heupel has done the best job since Doug Dickey and he is so far ahead of Dickey in coaching acumen and ability there is no comparison. Dickey flopped at Florida in the most talent rich state in America which was quite a surprise.

Pruitt obviously got recruits and talent on campus. His tenure will forever be plagued by scandal, but the most important plague was keeping JG as his starter.

I hope everyone realizes that the recruits Pruitt pulled in are driving our success this year. The McDonalds debacle was a set up to put Fulmer back at the helm. The mess that Pruitt stepped into is similar to what Auburn is dealing w now.

I canā€™t stand the dude, but his decision to give Banks a second chance was probably as big for this program as him giving Jennings a 2nd chance.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I don't see Saban doing this.
Look at all the 'island of rehab coaches' he has taken in...it can be said that the most egregious was Sark who got fired from USC for DUI (possible rumors he was drinking while coaching too). The rest are all guys that didn't cut it as HC or coordinator at other places.

Even as much as Nicky wants to win, I don't see him associating with Pruiits level of scum for a second time....too much scrutiny.

I don't remember Sark getting a DUI? He might have, I really dunno.

As you said though, there were rumors he was drunk on the sidelines during a game. The summer before he was canned, he also apparently missed practice a couple of days as he was on a bender. The big one though was he was hammered at an event for the big time USC boosters. During his.speech, could barely stand up and was sweating profusely. I also heard a rumor he made some rather insulting remarks to a big boosters rather homely wife.

I hope everyone realizes that the recruits Pruitt pulled in are driving our success this year. The McDonalds debacle was a set up to put Fulmer back at the helm. The mess that Pruitt stepped into is similar to what Auburn is dealing w now.
You must be Pruitts agent? I would accuse you of being Pruitt, but I don't think he can read or write

Bama can get almost anyone for their DC (within reason).

Why in the world would they wast time and money on that dicktard? Especially with all the baggage and it may not even be possibleā€¦ā€¦. I donā€™t see it.

Reactions: Zues1 and loservol
Mike Griffin is an idjut. Just watch him spout about uga sometimes, it will become quickly obvious.

If Poot Gump does go back to bammer, it will be fun beating his arse is all I can say.

Well my co worker was an intern for War Chant and in the AD building 2 days a week and a student at FSU so Iā€™m good with the events as they are told. As far as the story of him getting drunk and cursing Richt, thatā€™s been corroborated by about 8 different sources including the fact that Thomas Brown punched Pruitt in the face. A current member of our staff joked at one of the Knox press events that he was rumored to be the puncher but that it was Brown.
Pruitt is just trash, Iā€™m sorry lol

Reactions: Ratvol
Pruitt has an impeccable record as a DC. He is a very incompetent head coach and manager, but he would be an excellent DC hire for whoever got him. Him going to Bama would be an instant upgrade for Saban over Pete. He would be welcomed back with open arms.

I can't believe our two finalists were cornbread and mel tucker, they are both terrible. It looks like the only other good name that was mentioned for our job the last few coaching cycles other than Heupel is sonny dykes. Oh and Gruden of course šŸ˜‚

Pruitt has an impeccable record as a DC. He is a very incompetent head coach and manager, but he would be an excellent DC hire for whoever got him. Him going to Bama would be an instant upgrade for Saban over Pete. He would be welcomed back with open arms.
If the NCAA wants to show any consistency and credibility they need to prevent him from coaching at the collegiate level in any capacity for at least 3-5 more years, but then this is the NCAA we are tslking about lol

If the NCAA wants to show any consistency and credibility they need to prevent him from coaching at the collegiate level in any capacity for at least 3-5 more years, but then this is the NCAA we are tslking about lol

I find it hard for the NCAA to retroactively punish someone for paying players less than 1 year before when it became "legal"......

I find it hard for the NCAA to retroactively punish someone for paying players less than 1 year before when it became "legal"......
and I find it hard to keep carrying out an investigation for two and a half years that a school already investigated themselvesā€¦ but here we are lol

Reactions: sonofUT62
I was in Rainsville AL today and a former Alabama player told me that JP will be at Bama next season. I dislike him even more now.
I highly doubt that, He will be issued a show cause by the NCAA for his recruiting violations...I seriously doubt he will ever be a head coach again and if anyone is stupid enough to hire him then they deserve what they get...I swear the thought of him on our sidelines for those 3 years makes my stomach hurt...I'm glad that loser is gone.

I was in Rainsville AL today and a former Alabama player told me that JP will be at Bama next season. I dislike him even more now.

He's getting a show-cause by the end of the year. Alabama didn't bring him in after he got fired by the Giants last year for that exact reason.

VN Store

Back