Jeremy Pruitt as an underdog

The best coach ever getting a team ready to play as a underdog was Johnny Majors.Give me Johnny coaching us as a dog all day every day. However he would crap the bed against teams that we should have murdered.
Seemed like we had a lot of ties during his tenure.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Are you really an 'underdog', if you dig yourself into a hole, and then have no choice but to claw your way out?
True but the same exact thing holds true for Dooley. We've already won as many sec games with Pruitt as we did with him I think.

This is the problem with the internet. In the amount of time that you thought "hey, maybe I should post this" and then actually post this, you could've went on Google and researched your facts very quickly and checked Butch Jones's SEC record versus Coach Pruitt's.

BTW, Butch Jones was 14–24 in the SEC.

Coach Pruitt is 5-9.
I don’t get the problem with the original post. The fact that CJP has exceeded expectations on a given Saturday at a clip substantially higher than previous coaches is a positive trend. It also has zero to do with being on the other end of the metric. What it tells me is that our coaches are making a habit of outsmarting our opponent’s coaches. That’s a good thing, right?

I don’t get the problem with the original post. The fact that CJP has exceeded expectations on a given Saturday at a clip substantially higher than previous coaches is a positive trend. It also has zero to do with being on the other end of the metric. What it tells me is that our coaches are making a habit of outsmarting our opponent’s coaches. That’s a good thing, right?
This is why I posted my flip side of the coin comment. It was not to be a downer or a nega vol which I am not. It was to put things in perspective. I don't think CJP has exceeded expectations. I think he has met expectations. The team has under and over performmed and some of that is balancing out to be "met expectations". If he had beat Ga St and BYU then he is above expectations. Everyone needs to take a breath. Don't use stats alone to convince people of the change. Don't over state the situation. There is always the eye test. The eye test is eventually what made me say Butch was not the guy. Have to measure in multiple ways and always be balanced.

I am not being negative. I would have rather you lead with your opinion on this particular post than your original post. Say you like the player development you are seeing. Say the games are fun to watch. Say we are on a 3 game win streak. Don't lead with a misleading stat. I would have given you a like for your opinion or a positive response instead of my flip side of the coin response. I was also trying to be respectful to your original post and not trash the post like most do on the internet.

This is the problem with the internet. In the amount of time that you thought "hey, maybe I should post this" and then actually post this, you could've went on Google and researched your facts very quickly and checked Butch Jones's SEC record versus Coach Pruitt's.

BTW, Butch Jones was 14–24 in the SEC.

Coach Pruitt is 5-9.
I thought all SEC teams play 8 SEC games each year. If Butch had coached a full four years, how could he have coached 38 SEC games in 4 years?

Jeremy Pruitt has won as many games as an underdog in 1 month as Butch did in 5 years and with less. Pretty amazing how far this team has come since that dreadful labor day weekend
As an underdog,

Pruitt is 5-10

Kiffin, Dooley and Butch combined were 4-42

Fulmer was 16-28-1

Yeah but we had a loss to the biggest underdog in Georgia st.

Reactions: I40flyer
GaS and BYU wipe out-completely wipe out ANY two wins as an underdog this season. I can think of no reasonable reason why they would not. Of course, we will hear-""man we are getting better so fast this season, by next season (just wait until next year) we'll be playing for a NATY!!!!"""

There is nothing to it because it did not happen. Irrelevant post.

So, digging the hole that you had to climb out of to get back to a 'baseline' of competitiveness isn't relevant to being considered an underdog when playing against bad teams?

Interesting logic you are trying to employ here.

The best coach ever getting a team ready to play as a underdog was Johnny Majors.Give me Johnny coaching us as a dog all day every day. However he would crap the bed against teams that we should have murdered.

Those crap the bed games were coached by Johnny's twin brother Jack, Jack Daniels

Also had a habit of not showing up against Alabama.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
So, digging the hole that you had to climb out of to get back to a 'baseline' of competitiveness isn't relevant to being considered an underdog when playing against bad teams?

Interesting logic you are trying to employ here.
Do not know why we are talking about “ifs” what the odds would have been if we did not start 0-2 because we did start 0-2. Therefore the hypothetical is irrelevant and just an alternate universe opinion that has no value to the current situation.

VN Store

Back