Jeremy Pruitt and player interviews from today (video)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member

"Pruitt says after five practices they have installed every defensive concept they will use this year. Today is a review day. " -- WBIR

Pruitt on Brandon Kennedy -- "“He’s quickly earned the respect of his teammates with the way he practices. We’re excited to have him here.”

Pruitt on Kirkland -- "He's a smart guy who's picked up the defense pretty quickly. Every day he's out there I see him improving and gaining confidence in himself.

Pruitt -- "“We have some guys with toughness but they don’t do it all the time.”

Last edited:
Brandon Kennedy must have missed the memo about getting that top button buttoned.

I don`t want to bash our team and coaches. On the other hand, I am sick of all the coach speak. We have heard all this crap for years, over and over.
Lets see some wins against quality opponents for a change.
TN fans have a lot of pride. We are sick and tired of being at the bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: give_him 6
Brandon Kennedy must have missed the memo about getting that top button buttoned.
The top button look is right up there with Crocs in public and wearing socks with sandals in my book.

I don`t want to bash our team and coaches. On the other hand, I am sick of all the coach speak. We have heard all this crap for years, over and over.
TN fans have a lot of pride. We are sick and tired of being at the bottom of the barrel.
Expecting something different than coach speak from..... a coach?

They have not played a game yet to my knowledge.

Reactions: LeBleu and VetVol
Throw the bum off the team for dress code violation!!! Sick of this crap. We are Tennessee! We should win all our games as we have in our history AND dress right!!!

Uhh should Pruitt just look intensely into the camera and then yell "Go Vols" and walk out every time?

Pruitt has to keep his team competing and he has to keep his defensive and offensive looks close hold before game one.... Especially if you are wanting us to win like you just stated.

I mean what were you expecting from a interview during training camp when games haven't even been played yet?

We heard when we were winning too. Chill man.

settle down Wanda.

Words can't describe how happy I am to have DKjr back.

Glad he stayed as well. Almost makes me want to bump the thread where plenty of people were trashing him when it was presumed he was going to leave. I hope he, among those other players who endured the last guy, have a great last year.

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
Uhh should Pruitt just look intensely into the camera and then yell "Go Vols" and walk out every time?

Works for me! If I was Pruitt I would adopt that as my standard interview. Vary the intensity depending on victory or defeat, but that's a damn fine interview in my opinion.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I get exactly what you are saying here. Spurrier used to call it “Talking Season”. I am with you on this. Every fall camp we see these videos and the hype about guys looking good. I am tampering my excitement this year until I see it on the field. I’ve been burned too many times getting enthused by Talking Season.

VN Store

Back