Jeremy Banks Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You remind me of these two old men that I saw at the tire shop saturday. They were talking complaining about "kids these days, phones are killing them, cant do anything etc." After that conversation ended they were both playing on phones for the remainder of their wait. Lol, "cops aint kike what they were in my day and so know they are all murderers.....even wearing body cameras.

Fishing for a continued pointless argument I see. Well, all I have to say to you is:
AHHHHHHHH, Cisco. AHHHHHHH, Poncho. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This thread has really exploded, not going to read it all, but if Banks sits the rest of this year, keeps his grades up and shows some maturity, I would support reinstating him for spring practice. It's up to Pruitt and UT Admin. So far it's working out for JJ and BT.

Reactions: Gandalf
This thread has really exploded, not going to read it all, but if Banks sits the rest of this year, keeps his grades up and shows some maturity, I would support reinstating him for spring practice. It's up to Pruitt and UT Admin. So far it's working out for JJ and BT.

I think that scenario is certainly a possibility. I know some will disagree but Pruitt may think it better to provide a carrot to go with the stick with the goal that the troubled young man can get his life turned around. Sometimes these kids really havent had that tough love kind of relationship.

Sometimes it is not going to work but for many, you have to think it is probably better to jerk a knot in them and help them come up higher than boot them to the curb and see them slink into the gutter.

Reactions: baburntt

Who?

I'm not speaking for JB, but you're dead wrong on people being able to change in an instant. Most may laugh or scoff, but I did. I was a flat out drunk, doing drugs, and hated being told about God. I went to church one Sunday to just shut my parents up, and ended up getting saved (that's where most may laugh, but idc). I instantly changed, and haven't looked back. Not perfect by any means, but my life was changed in a moment, and I've never been the same. I just say that because people can change instantly, and I believe people can without religion.

Sorry but I don't believe you.
So the first time you got in trouble for drugs or drinking you went to church, got saved, and changed.
Or were you a drunk and drug attic for years and then went to church?

I think that scenario is certainly a possibility. I know some will disagree but Pruitt may think it better to provide a carrot to go with the stick with the goal that the troubled young man can get his life turned around. Sometimes these kids really havent had that tough love kind of relationship.

Sometimes it is not going to work but for many, you have to think it is probably better to jerk a knot in them and help them come up higher than boot them to the curb and see them slink into the gutter.

I agree with this.

Reactions: baburntt
Sorry but I don't believe you.
So the first time you got in trouble for drugs or drinking you went to church, got saved, and changed.
Or were you a drunk and drug attic for years and then went to church?
You're welcome to believe whatever. I never got in trouble with the law, and no it wasn't after the first time I did it. I drank heavy and took pills for about 2 years. That was when I was 19. I'm not judging anyone else for what they do, but I haven't drank, done drugs, or even said a cuss word since that day. I'm 44 now, you're welcome to do the math, and to not believe me.

Last edited:
Jennings and Thompson. Two players MULTIPLE posters wanted gone forever.

I thought it best that JJ was told to leave and he shouldn't have been let back on the team. As you know I admitted I was wrong several times and I'm so glad he's here. Not just because how we've needed him, but because I think it changed him and made him a better person.

JJ's whole situation is why I haven't commented on this. I still don't know if Pruitt is going to be the winner I hope he will be, but I trust his decisions when it comes to these types of situations. If he thinks Banks deserves another shot and he can help him mature into the type of young man we can be proud of, I'm 100% for it.

If he doesn't allow him back, I'm 100% behind that too.

I'm not there and I don't know the kid.

Really? You're a Christian? All of our lives are because OF God. Every single occurrence of life is because OF God. How is that arrogant? Simply don't understand your logic here.
Yeah I'm a Christian in the sense that I believe Christ was tortured and murdered for our salvation. I also believe in free will, if I go out and do something stupid that's not because of God. That's because I exercised my free will and made the wrong choice, not because God set me up to do it. I think most of the things that happen in our world happen with little to no influence from God. But that's just me I'm just one person trying to interpret what I see in the most rational way I can.

Reactions: NCFisher
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back