Jeremy Banks reinstated? [Pruitt says no] (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t know it...fake it. Seems to work for you. Safeties at UT played safety. Al Wilson played linebacker. Resume screaming at cloud Papaw.
Still trying to dig that hole that al was recruited as a safety, I see.

Let me guess, you were in the band in HS?

Reactions: vols40
In this case, nuked on
i know right? lol.

Nope:

"I came in (to UT) as a strong safety, but I didn't cover well," he explained. "I was more into tackling than I was into covering a wide receiver. Coach (John) Chavis told me one day at practice to go to the linebackers meeting, that they were going to try me in the 'nickel' package. I never went back to another defensive backs meeting."
'15 LB FL Cecil Cherry (former Vol commit)

He was recruited by Notre Dame and Nebraska as a running back, but he wanted to play linebacker. When Tennessee told him he could play defense, he signed with the Vols. "It's better to hit than be hit," Wilson said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...nnessee/61851f0a-cd0c-43f1-9bdb-705bea7d726f/

No. Does not mean never.

I think if he does the right things to get reinstated then there is an opportunity to do some good for him and the community he comes from. We will see how it goes.

Reactions: jakez4ut
No. Does not mean never.

I think if he does the right things to get reinstated then there is an opportunity to do some good for him and the community he comes from. We will see how it goes.
yeah, the question was "has he been...." not "will he ever be...".

Reactions: sjt18
I don't think that's correct. Do you have some kind of link or something? Because I remember him being recruited as a RB.

Article from '13 on Al

"Al Wilson the player was a sight to behold. Wilson was highly recruited out of Jackson Central Merry High School, where he excelled as a running back and linebacker. The Vols wanted him as a defensive player, and it was obvious early on that is where he was born to play. He played outside linebacker at UT before moving inside where he became great."

Reactions: butchna
i know right? lol.
You gone make it mad. Lol.

tenor.gif

Article from '13 on Al

"Al Wilson the player was a sight to behold. Wilson was highly recruited out of Jackson Central Merry High School, where he excelled as a running back and linebacker. The Vols wanted him as a defensive player, and it was obvious early on that is where he was born to play. He played outside linebacker at UT before moving inside where he became great."
Wrong. Keep up. He did not steal any tacos, that was Peyton Manning after the NC game in 2001.

My opinion of next years Lb roster is dependent on that the Memphis trio and Crouch/Harrison are solid contributors next year along with Henry T and the upperclassmen on the roster. I do not consider Jordan and Chandler as quality Sec backs and Gray’s long term value is uncertain. Gray may be a 1000 yard rusher or he may become a bust.
Chandler is absolutely a quality SEC back. He’s just another victim of bad coach and a wasted year of player development his freshman year. A new staff and horrible O-line play his 2nd year. Last year was a talented but developing O-line and another system to learn. I expect big things from Chandler his senior season

Chandler is absolutely a quality SEC back. He’s just another victim of bad coach and a wasted year of player development his freshman year. A new staff and horrible O-line play his 2nd year. Last year was a talented but developing O-line and another system to learn. I expect big things from Chandler his senior season
I’m sorry but in two years of watching him I do not agree with you. His has speed but does not see to use it effectively. He is rather pedestrian IMO. Gray showed more in the Vandy and bowl games than Chandler ever has.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I’m sorry but in two years of watching him I do not agree with you. His has speed but does not see to use it effectively. He is rather pedestrian IMO. Gray showed more in the Vandy and bowl games than Chandler ever has.
Agree but let’s keep in mind that running against Candy and Indiana isn’t close to doing it against Bama and Georgia. I want to see what Gray does against them next year before I put him up with the great Vol backs. I still worry about Gray’s size and durability to carry the ball 20 times against the big boys.

Agree but let’s keep in mind that running against Candy and Indiana isn’t close to doing it against Bama and Georgia. I want to see what Gray does against them next year before I put him up with the great Vol backs. I still worry about Gray’s size and durability to carry the ball 20 times against the big boys.
I’m not stating Gray will be a great back, just that he looks better than Chandler.

Article from '13 on Al

Thank you! Now sumbuddy get Doyle off the phone pole!

Reactions: Behr
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back