Jeremy Banks reinstated? [Pruitt says no] (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope:

"I came in (to UT) as a strong safety, but I didn't cover well," he explained. "I was more into tackling than I was into covering a wide receiver. Coach (John) Chavis told me one day at practice to go to the linebackers meeting, that they were going to try me in the 'nickel' package. I never went back to another defensive backs meeting."
'15 LB FL Cecil Cherry (former Vol commit)

He was recruited by Notre Dame and Nebraska as a running back, but he wanted to play linebacker. When Tennessee told him he could play defense, he signed with the Vols. "It's better to hit than be hit," Wilson said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...nnessee/61851f0a-cd0c-43f1-9bdb-705bea7d726f/

A strong safety in the 80s is an outside linebacker, not a safety. Ffs. So he was not recruited as a safety.

A strong safety in the 80s is an outside linebacker, not a safety. Ffs. So he was not recruited as a safety.

The 80's huh ? Well that affects Al Wilson who came to TN in 95' how ?

And for the record I played in the early 80's, we ran a 5/2 defense and some 4/3 and in either one we still used the term strong safety as did everybody else back then. You now have Wilson himself quoted as saying "I came in as a strong safety" and yet you still insist otherwise. It must be very important to you, so we'll just say he was recruited for "defense" if that makes you feel better. Hopefully that will satisfy your thirst for vindication.

Sorry, kid. Try to keep up. We're talking about the claim that he was recruited as a safety.

He was recruited as a RB and moved to LB, which was a typical Fulmer ploy.
Hope you’re not old enough to call me “kid”...I’m 50. And I kept up fine, Methuselah, my remark was about him being recruited as a RUNNING BACK...he wasn’t. Now put your knit cap on so your noggin doesn’t get cold on the way to bingo.

Hope you’re not old enough to call me “kid”...I’m 50. And I kept up fine, Methuselah, my remark was about him being recruited as a RUNNING BACK...he wasn’t. Now put your knit cap on so your noggin doesn’t get cold on the way to bingo.
We were talking about the claim that he was recruited as a safety.

Go back to your nap. Behr's waiting.

90's as well. A strong safety was a type of linebacker, not a danged safety.

He wasn't recruited as a safety. You're wrong, but keep digging. It's funny.

You are literally too ignorant of the subject and too stubborn to admit your ignorance of the subject to even bother debating it with you any longer.

90's as well. A strong safety was a type of linebacker, not a danged safety. He was big.

Wilson wasn't recruited as a safety. You're wrong, but keep digging. It's funny.
Danged as all get out! Under Chief, big linebackers became DE’s, big safeties became linebackers and quick safeties stayed safeties. Wilson was recruited BY UT all the way as a LB...his preferred position.

Pruitt said “no” but did anyone notice Banks said “soon” and the hashtag says Aug2020? There’s a plan I’m sure. Banks will return for the fall as long as he stays on path.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Pruitt said “no” but did anyone notice Banks said “soon” and the hashtag says Aug2020? There’s a plan I’m sure. Banks will return for the fall as long as he stays on path.
As I pointed out in this thread earlier, we have many posters close to the banks family, and to the AD-they say the same thing. I just wish CJP would have said, "Not yet", or "Maybe in August", or something similar, we don't our coach to go down the "It depends on what you mean by the word IS", path. I like a straight talking coach.

As I pointed out in this thread earlier, we have many posters close to the banks family, and to the AD-they say the same thing. I just wish CJP would have said, "Not yet", or "Maybe in August", or something similar, we don't our coach to go down the "It depends on what you mean by the word IS", path. I like a straight talking coach.
They asked him if he was reinstated, he said he has not. That’s not straight enough for you?

They asked him if he was reinstated, he said he has not. That’s not straight enough for you?
Yes and no. If he is going to be reinstated, then, while being true, isn't what I'd call straight talk-laying out it out if you will. If he isn't and won't be, then his answer will suffice, and is in fact straight talk. Hope this helps. I guess when asking the coach a question, you need to be very specific, such as "Is banks reinstated, and do you plan on to reinstate him in the future, in time to have him playing this season?", otherwise you may get a "for that moment only" type answer. The type of thing that is expected of a sleezeeee politico type, not from a UT Football coach. But as CJP is a straight talking, honest type guy, I'm going to take his answer-in the full.

Yes and no. If he is going to be reinstated, then, while being true, isn't what I'd call straight talk-laying out it out if you will. If he isn't and won't be, then his answer will suffice, and is in fact straight talk. Hope this helps. I guess when asking the coach a question, you need to be very specific, such as "Is banks reinstated, and do you plan on to reinstate him in the future, in time to have him playing this season?", otherwise you may get a "for that moment only" type answer. The type of thing that is expected of a sleezeeee politico type, not from a UT Football coach. But as CJP is a straight talking, honest type guy, I'm going to take his answer-in the full.

tenor.gif

Danged as all get out! Under Chief, big linebackers became DE’s, big safeties became linebackers and quick safeties stayed safeties. Wilson was recruited BY UT all the way as a LB...his preferred position.
A strong safety was not a safety, it was akin to an outside linebacker.

But you go ahead and share that hole with your buddy, Gladys. (ffs I hate it when I have to teach folks basic football 101....you guys should stick to the basketball forum).

Yeah that helps 😕

Reactions: sjt18 and Titan05
A strong safety was not a safety, it was akin to an outside linebacker.

But you go ahead and share that hole with your buddy, Gladys. (ffs I hate it when I have to teach folks basic football 101....you guys should stick to the basketball forum).
If you don’t know it...fake it. Seems to work for you. Safeties at UT played safety. Al Wilson played linebacker. Resume screaming at cloud Papaw.

Reactions: Behr and jakez4ut
1581361814987.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back