Jeremy Banks reinstated? [Pruitt says no] (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only similarities between Banks and Wilson are that both played at TN and both are from TN, that's it.

Both came in as RB, both have good lateral speed, both like to hit, and both have an attitude for finding the ball. I’m not claiming he is as good as Wilson (AAs are rare) but with experience he could be excellent. His time at LBer is very limited yet he already shows a natural instinct. Wilson didn’t really shine until his Jr year.

Both came in as RB, both have good lateral speed, both like to hit, and both have an attitude for finding the ball. I’m not claiming he is as good as Wilson (AAs are rare) but with experience he could be excellent. His time at LBer is very limited yet he already shows a natural instinct. Wilson didn’t really shine until his Jr year.

Al Wilson didn't come in as a RB, he was recruited as a safety which is where he practiced and played until his move to LB. Wilson never played a single down at RB here.

As far as Banks goes he has some talent, but he's got a million miles to go to be anywhere near an Al Wilson, and having to sit out of football altogether for his stupid off the field antics sure isn't helping him catch up any.

Personally I hope he can work his way back on the team. I was impressed with him from day one as a running back. Lets face facts , kids are going to make kid mistakes..............we all did to some degree. I feel he has learned a very valuable , expensive lesson !

Well hopefully it turns out to be a great learning experience for this young kid. Time to Channel his inner Jauan Jennings on the road to redemption.

I hope it also turns out to be a learning experience for fans overly eager to kick and stomp players who are down. Not the commenting and condemning of their wrongs which should be called out. Rather vilification to the point of damning them and their region of origin in derogatory terms.

Attachments

• MemphisBanks1.jpg
    MemphisBanks1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 61
Auburn hasn't been a rival in like almost 30 years. It's like people don't even read before they comment.

Yeah I earlier I was thinking how this year’s and last year’s recruiting classes won’t even play Auburn once unless we meet them in the SECC.

With the possible exception of Missouri I would definitely consider every team in the East and Bama bigger “rivals”.

I didn’t know about the girl having a no contact order against him also. That he had allegedly harassed her for months leading up to the arrest and police issues. I hope the guy gets a chance somewhere if not here but honestly, he isn’t miles ahead of other players we have now recruited. Linebacker depth currently puts him maybe 2nd squad. Probably 3rd with no practice for this long. RBs we just signed a speedster and 2 bruisers and have 3 decent ones already on roster with at least two years in SC training as well as the offense. If I was him I’d be hollering at Kiffin or Pittman.

Reactions: Zues1
I don't think that's correct. Do you have some kind of link or something? Because I remember him being recruited as a RB.
He was recruited as a running back. He even made a funny statement about how "If I would have stayed at running back, y'all never would have heard of Jamal Lewis." I'm trying to find the video I saw. It was hilarious.

A plagiaristic Nostradamus.

Now, that's funny and I don't care who you are.

graphics-laughing-975415.gif

I don't think that's correct. Do you have some kind of link or something? Because I remember him being recruited as a RB.
He was recruited as a running back. He even made a funny statement about how "If I would have stayed at running back, y'all never would have heard of Jamal Lewis." I'm trying to find the video I saw. It was hilarious.

No l don't have a link, but saw it with my own 2 eyes. Al Wilson never played 1 down of RB here although he probably could have. It was pretty common knowledge that he was going to grow into a LB, but as a Freshman he played more at safety backing up Cory Gaines and Tori Noel, got pretty good pt there when Noel banged up his shoulder. Played outside backer his sophomore year and then moved inside for his JR and SR seasons. AW played RB in High School in Jackson, but he never played it here.

Here is the roster list IMG_2427.PNGIMG_2429.PNGfor his freshman season in 95'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back