Jeremy Banks reinstated? [Pruitt says no] (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet, but he undoubtedly will be.
It's a win-win situation for both Banks and UT's defense. Banks needs to better himself and UT could use quality depth at the position. I actually witnessed both tirades, one from Jennings and the one from Banks. Both were gangster-like imo but basically reduced to mouth-running. I'm not a psychologist but I think a whole lot of people run their mouth and say things that is not in their true nature when they feel they are being provoked, kinda like a defense mechanism. Also like Bryce Thompson doing stupid things and maybe making serious statements that current society will not tolerate. These young men simply need to grow up and realize they have a good opportunity. I don't know if UT has what's termed a "life-coach" or not but a lot of successful athletes have used these coaches to help them better themselves. I'm sure this athletic dept. has a source to direct their athletes to in these cases. Pruitt will handle it properly.

I didn’t know about the girl having a no contact order against him also. That he had allegedly harassed her for months leading up to the arrest and police issues. I hope the guy gets a chance somewhere if not here but honestly, he isn’t miles ahead of other players we have now recruited. Linebacker depth currently puts him maybe 2nd squad. Probably 3rd with no practice for this long. RBs we just signed a speedster and 2 bruisers and have 3 decent ones already on roster with at least two years in SC training as well as the offense. If I was him I’d be hollering at Kiffin or Pittman.
Not bad reasoning. Pruitt knows Kiffin quite well I would assume and if he wants to help Banks get a transfer I' sure he would. Heard Kiffin speaking on the SEC network moments ago about his current recruiting class and said he felt trapped because of the timing of his hire and how it affected his ability to recruit in negative manner. He and Pittman, along with Leach and Drinkwitz gonna be all over that portal come March 1st. Banks has options and they are closer to home but my gut is telling me that Pruitt wants him to play LBer at UT. It's a tricky situation in the mental dept. because Pruitt doesn't want to waste time and effort just to be let down. Banks needs to understand that he could have a promising future just by towing the line.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
No l don't have a link, but saw it with my own 2 eyes. Al Wilson never played 1 down of RB here although he probably could have. It was pretty common knowledge that he was going to grow into a LB, but as a Freshman he played more at safety backing up Cory Gaines and Tori Noel, got pretty good pt there when Noel banged up his shoulder. Played outside backer his sophomore year and then moved inside for his JR and SR seasons. AW played RB in High School in Jackson, but he never played it here.

Here is the roster list View attachment 259677View attachment 259678for his freshman season in 95'
I never said he played it here. He was recruited and then promptly moved to the defensive side of the ball. He rushed for over 1000 yards for 3 years...2 as a running back and one as a Quarter Back in high school.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I said " im not the hugest fan". I don't get how some can't grasp the idea that you don't have to gargle the current coaches balls. It's ok to be critical of the coach. It's also ok to give credit when it's due. I think he is a really good evaluator of talent. I also watched him look like a deer in headlights and get out coached by Georgia State.
You may not be 20 but I bet you grew up in the 90's.

Reactions: KarnsTownVol
I said " im not the hugest fan". I don't get how some can't grasp the idea that you don't have to gargle the current coaches balls. It's ok to be critical of the coach. It's also ok to give credit when it's due. I think he is a really good evaluator of talent. I also watched him look like a deer in headlights and get out coached by Georgia State.
The two posts you made were contradictory in tone and there was a step back in the 2nd post you made.

No l don't have a link, but saw it with my own 2 eyes. Al Wilson never played 1 down of RB here although he probably could have. It was pretty common knowledge that he was going to grow into a LB, but as a Freshman he played more at safety backing up Cory Gaines and Tori Noel, got pretty good pt there when Noel banged up his shoulder. Played outside backer his sophomore year and then moved inside for his JR and SR seasons. AW played RB in High School in Jackson, but he never played it here.

Here is the roster list View attachment 259677View attachment 259678for his freshman season in 95'

Sorry, that doesn't show anything about him being recruited as a safety. In that case, I will continue to believe what I remember happening at the time, which is he was recruited as a RB.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
You may not be 20 but I bet you grew up in the 90's.
You would be correct sir, back when we didn't award mediocrity or settle for it. Im lucky and get to work around our facilities and see them first hand. The return on the amount of money and support that is poured in to our program has been mind boggling the last decade and a half.

You would be correct sir, back when we didn't award mediocrity or settle for it. Im lucky and get to work around our facilities and see them first hand. The return on the amount of money and support that is poured in to our program has been mind boggling the last decade and a half.
So you were basically born with a football silver spoon in your mouth. Take that for what it's worth.

Reactions: Fatman Photos
Not yet, but he undoubtedly will be.
I believe you are correct-there are some real "insiders" on this very board, that know for a fact (as you do) that he is sure and certain to return to the team-I'm guessing with a full scholarship. I know that Coach Pruitt says, NO, now, but he didn't add, " and not ever", that is telling. I wonder if he'll be a starter, on day one (day one after being kicked off the team-and returning)? Is there a scholarship being held out for his return? I wonder how this rumor got started, I haven't seen anything from a UT official stating that banks is returning-if it is just based on a tweet that banks put out himself.....that is troubling.

Last edited:
So you were basically born with a football silver spoon in your mouth. Take that for what it's worth.
Not too many years off. I want my spoon back too and im not gonna be satisfied till i get it. Settling in life is not a good thing. Take that for what its worth.

I decided to not read all of these comments and get right to the point. Is he or isn’t he coming back?

We have some real insiders, I think some of them are close family friends of banks, and/or know a number of people in the AD (to include CJP), they have stated he's coming back-I'd hate to be the one that called them out as being a blow hard, or worse, we must assume they are telling the truth, and he'll be back.

Yeah he was.

He was never a safety.

I'll take my memory over anyone else's. So if you have a link showing him recruited as a safety, I'll reconsider.
Saying he wasn’t recruited as a RB...and that’s EVERY STORY that goes back that far.

Reactions: Behr
We're talking about the claim that he was recruited as a safety. He was recruited as a RB and moved to LB, which was a typical Fulmer ploy.

Nope:

"I came in (to UT) as a strong safety, but I didn't cover well," he explained. "I was more into tackling than I was into covering a wide receiver. Coach (John) Chavis told me one day at practice to go to the linebackers meeting, that they were going to try me in the 'nickel' package. I never went back to another defensive backs meeting."
'15 LB FL Cecil Cherry (former Vol commit)

He was recruited by Notre Dame and Nebraska as a running back, but he wanted to play linebacker. When Tennessee told him he could play defense, he signed with the Vols. "It's better to hit than be hit," Wilson said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...nnessee/61851f0a-cd0c-43f1-9bdb-705bea7d726f/

I don't want to make excuses for Banks and what he said turned my stomach and what he did was awful! However, young kids do make bonehead mistakes, especially when they are surrounded by bad influences such as music, bad role models, social injustice bs from the left and possibly even a lack of a father figure.

One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting fired from my first job. I learned a lot from mistakes I made there.

If CJP does reinstate Banks, it is because he thinks that he has learned from his mistakes, won't repeat them and will be a positive role model for the team (like Jennings was). Also Bryce Thompson got a second chance and seems to have learned from it.
If CJP does NOT reinstate banks, it is because he thinks that he has NOT learned from his mistakes, and WILL repeat them.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Either Pruitt think's he's SEC talent or has a man crush on him. You don't keep people around who act a fool that have no talent. Im not the hugest Pruitt fan by any means but i think he had been around long enough to know talent when he sees it.
right on! It kills me when I read posts about JG not being a SEC quality QB-CJP has been around long enough to know talent when he sees it.

You are correct with Jeremy recognizing talent. Been told by great sources he may be the best in college football at evaluating talent. Now whether Banks plays another down with Vols or not is yet to be seen.
This sir, is why in year three-I'm smelling a NATY!!!

Nope:

"I came in (to UT) as a strong safety, but I didn't cover well," he explained. "I was more into tackling than I was into covering a wide receiver. Coach (John) Chavis told me one day at practice to go to the linebackers meeting, that they were going to try me in the 'nickel' package. I never went back to another defensive backs meeting."
'15 LB FL Cecil Cherry (former Vol commit)

He was recruited by Notre Dame and Nebraska as a running back, but he wanted to play linebacker. When Tennessee told him he could play defense, he signed with the Vols. "It's better to hit than be hit," Wilson said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...nnessee/61851f0a-cd0c-43f1-9bdb-705bea7d726f/

Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back