Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

If you have ever been at the "mercy" of the KPD and their thuggish behavior, you understand this man's words completely.

No, Banks showed his butt. You threw the first stone. And I agree about acting like responsible men...but you have to understand that Jeremy comes from a culture far different than the one we grew up in. This is not about holding on to a player because he might help win games; this is about taking the opportunity to change the mindset of a young man who grew up in an "us -vs- them" world. Kicking him off the team is all but guaranteeing that he will never change his mind...or his ways.

We have to try. Not just with Jeremy, but with all when circumstances permit.

This coming from a die-hard, full blown Constitutional conservative Christian. Albeit a very flawed one. And an LEO. I have no problem with "Actions have consequences", and Jeremy should stand and answer for his mistake(s). But let's let the measure of the punishment fit the measure of the crime, right?

Firm, fair, and impartial. I wonder if every other 19 year-old black male in Knoxville who got arrested in the last year for FTA on a traffic charge lost their best shot at a solid future? Anybody remember the media articles on all of those?

I'll hang up and listen.
What consequence do you recommend? What will you say if an officer gets shot next time?

" Why do you have to arrest him just because he has a warrant?"
- jeremy pruitt, head football coach at the university of Tennessee

He needs some punishment, since cjp said it was unacceptable. It he doesnt recieve any punishment then its accepted.
“Well coach, that’s kinda the point of an arrest warrant”
GBO!!

Are you even familiar with CORDOVA? If so, you’ve turned a blind eye to it.

When compared to Memphis, Cordova isn't that bad. Eastern Cordova isnt bad at all. I wouldnt go to Wolfchase at night and I know that First TN bank in Wolfchase lot used to be the most robbed bank in America.

Heck, I was in the Kroger parking lot last year when that kid got shot and killed at the Taco Bell in Bartlett after the 4th of July fireworks show...

When compared to Memphis, Cordova isn't that bad. Eastern Cordova isnt bad at all. I wouldnt go to Wolfchase at night and I know that First TN bank in Wolfchase lot used to be the most robbed bank in America.

Heck, I was in the Kroger parking lot last year when that kid got shot and killed at the Taco Bell in Bartlett after the 4th of July fireworks show...
In that case, his actions are perfectly okay, and a good reason to let it go!!!

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I have lived is Shelby County all my life, I hate to get on the freeway. Someone gets shot at about every other week driving down the
road. Glad I retired and don't have to make that hour trip to work now.

What consequence do you recommend? What will you say if an officer gets shot next time?

I'll answer the 2nd part first. I'm an LEO. 19 years. In 2000, one of our Sergeants was shot and killed in the line of duty. I have been at two OIS's, and involved in one. I've rode the bull. So here's my take on "what will I say if an officer gets shot"...if they are going to shoot, they are going to shoot. Matters not what they said, or didn't say, or who was there when they did or didn't say it. So in that regard, his words are troubling, but meaningless. I've heard worse, directed at me. My next shift might be my last, but I won't lose a wink of sleep over what Jeremy said. All mouth.

Public apology. Community service. And a couple of night shifts in a patrol car somewhere in the projects and/or Magnolia Avenue. Let him see things from the other side. Maybe that might make a difference.

He's a young man. Let's give him a chance, and the guidance, to grow old. If he turns out to be a thug, then we all have a clean conscience. We tried.

Go Vols.

Here's the deal, what he did was not acceptable. Point blank. But he doesn't deserve to get kicked off the team for it either. He didn't endanger anyone or anything like that. He was being a stupid hot headed teenager. Now Pruitt certainly needs to get a handle on this type of behavior, and banks needs an opportunity to prove that he can be better than that.

Reactions: hmhawk
I'll answer the 2nd part first. I'm an LEO. 19 years. In 2000, one of our Sergeants was shot and killed in the line of duty. I have been at two OIS's, and involved in one. I've rode the bull. So here's my take on "what will I say if an officer gets shot"...if they are going to shoot, they are going to shoot. Matters not what they said, or didn't say, or who was there when they did or didn't say it. So in that regard, his words are troubling, but meaningless. I've heard worse, directed at me. My next shift might be my last, but I won't lose a wink of sleep over what Jeremy said. All mouth.

Public apology. Community service. And a couple of night shifts in a patrol car somewhere in the projects and/or Magnolia Avenue. Let him see things from the other side. Maybe that might make a difference.

He's a young man. Let's give him a chance, and the guidance, to grow old. If he turns out to be a thug, then we all have a clean conscience. We tried.

Go Vols.
I tend to act the fool and post a lot of nonsense on this site, but I say this with complete sincerity, thank you sir for what you do! There is no way in hell I would be a law enforcement officer amongst today’s society! Stay strong, level headed and be safe!
GBO!!

Reactions: hmhawk and dillyo51
He should be punished, maybe even a game suspension......but not kicked off the team.

People have no respect for law enforcement officers now days........sad fact, but true.
Sad? Yes sad that law enforcement gets no respect and they have nobody to blame but themselves. The good ole boy network and officers looking the other way while their fraternity brothers abuse the power bestowed upon them to “protect and serve”. It’s very sad.

If you're winning championships with a couple of Marcelous Wallace's pipe hittin' brothers, more power to you. If you're losing with those kinds of guys, it's over.

What does he mean "we shoot at cops?" Does he mean all residents of memphis shoot at cops?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back