Jennings sideline tightrope TD to beat Fl or Joey Kent play #1 TD to begin the Bama massacre?

Gotta go between these two with the Jennings toasting Tabor with the sidelines catch. This will go down in history as the "Can a duck pull a truck?" game. For this one day and time UT proved a duck can pull a truck if so motivated.

Of these two plays which was your favorite?

Yes I know there are other favorite catches in UT history but out of these two which is your favorite,?
Kent! I was there! Spilled my Jack and Coke all over the dude in front of me! Had a blast! Shane Burton won defensive player of the week! He terrorized Kitchens!!!

Gotta go with the Kent touchdown cause I was there as a 16 year old Vol fan with my uncle and my late 72 year old grandad I still remember the joy he had in seeing Tennessee end the streak and crush Bama that night. The Vol fans rocked legion field that night. You just knew after the Kent touchdown on the opening play that it was going to be a special night.

Yes I know there are other favorite catches in UT history but out of these two which is your favorite,?
It depends on your era & who you'd rather beat Bama or Fla. OG Vols will say Kent & Next Gen Vols will say Jennings. Degree of difficulty goes to Kent. He took a 10 yard pass over the middle in the 90's era, 80 yards untouched at Bama on the 1st play from scrimmage. JJ was almost too wideopen on his catch. I will say that JJ's play sent Neyland into one of the biggest frenzy's ever and it has to be one of the loudest moments. Both plays have a special place on Rocky Top and will never be forgotten.

Damn....this is the toughest one yet...i suppose Jennings since my board moniker came from that play. But the Manning to Kent pass and catch...i still remember how excited we got when it happened.

Better throw? Manning
Better catch? Jennings
After further review Dobbs actually made the better throw. He got drilled just as he released the ball and still put the ball exactly where WR's want the ball, which is out in front to keep stride. Peyton put it right on Kent. As a former WR, if I got a skinny post I want the QB to lead me to open grass on the throw instead of putting it on me bc thats the difference between a 1st down and a TD. Kent just made a special play. Jennings actually made a better catch earlier in the 3rd on Anzalone's back to start the comeback.

ANY win vs UF trumps everything else...........In my eyes!
Redirect Notice

1474771932_092516c01-ut-uf-1204_t400_h2b0604db68222697e475971d8f37708e138bf088.jpg

Reminds me of the '93 FSU/UF game in Hogtowne, when Charlie Ward hit Warrick Dunn on an 80 yrd TD pass, on 3rd and 10 with 6 minutes left, to ice the game...........and NC game vs Nebraska.
Greatest single moment of any football game I have ever witnessed in person!
sorry @Lawrence Wright ;)

Redirect Notice

1622993535604.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

VN Store

Back