Jennings at qb. . . do it to it, Pruitt.

I'm going to go out on a thin, half-sawn limb here and say if BM is out CJP will and probably should start JG. He missed some opportunities that cost us, and the sneak was totally bone headed, but I would submit that SC is more akin to Miss State than it is to Bama. And if you guys are honest, you'll admit most of you (us) were giving him decent reviews for management of that game. He might pull it off and give us our best opportunity to win--and if the wheels get wobbly, coach can give Shrout his shot. I'm talking the quick hook here. Flame away.

Day drinking! Can't drink all day if you don't start early!

I wouldn't mind 5 or 6 wildcats a game or the old fake reverse and throw it from JJ. Lining him up for 50 snaps or so at qb makes my head hurt thinking about it. He's gonna read SEC defenses better than (name any of the 3 scholarship qb's)? We're gonna take his play making ability in the open field and put him 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage? Are we going to line him up in the shotgun and just run right or left and then throw something up on 3rd down.

Ok, Kentucky is doing it. They ain't winning doing it.
I agree. He shoulda got a TD the other night, so it makes sense to try him here and there.

I'm going to go out on a thin, half-sawn limb here and say if BM is out CJP will and probably should start JG. He missed some opportunities that cost us, and the sneak was totally bone headed, but I would submit that SC is more akin to Miss State than it is to Bama. And if you guys are honest, you'll admit most of you (us) were giving him decent reviews for management of that game. He might pull it off and give us our best opportunity to win--and if the wheels get wobbly, coach can give Shrout his shot. I'm talking the quick hook here. Flame away.
No flame here and most likely what will happen if Maurer can't go.

JJ is a BEAST....One of my faves! WTH do we have to lose if BM can't go? JG is hot garbage and is a head case right now. He's mentally checked out and dreaming of being at Rutgers with Botch.

1) That’s dumb.
2) Jennings can’t throw to himself, it’s a penalty. And I’m not sure if you meant to use blue font or not, so I’m assuming not.
3) He’s far more valuable and needed as a WR and hasn’t played QB for an entire game since high school. His TD to Dobbs at Florida means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
4) That’s dumb.
Jeremy Pruitt? Jim Chaney, is this y’all? Are you looking at old film to come up with old ideas, to use JJ at quarterback? I love it!😳👍😎😂

Shrout has been here two years, surely goodness he's capable of basic throws and hand offs. If not, his scholarship is wasted and needed elsewhere. South Carolina put in their 3rd string QB and still beat Georgia and their 2nd string guy with a bad knee was competent vs Florida.

JG should never play again. JT and the 4th QB on the depth chart should play ahead of JG.

Go option football with Jennings.

Honestly good be very difficult to defend.

1) That’s dumb.
2) Jennings can’t throw to himself, it’s a penalty. And I’m not sure if you meant to use blue font or not, so I’m assuming not.
3) He’s far more valuable and needed as a WR and hasn’t played QB for an entire game since high school. His TD to Dobbs at Florida means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
4) That’s dumb.
Where do you get this penalty crap? QB is an eligible receiver.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

The QB is eligible from the shotgun, but not if he lines up under center in a T formation. You have to be 1 full yard behind the LOS to be eligible to catch a forward pass.

Is that a penalty? QBs catch batted passes all the time... they can’t throw it again, but they don’t get penalized.
Batted passes are different than just throwing it to yourself. It’s like saving the ball or inbounding to yourself in basketball.

Crap? Of course he’s an eligible receiver, no one said differently. However, The only way he catch his own forward pass is off of a deflection. QB cannot pass to himself, thought you would know that. The post I quoted said nothing about deflections.

JG has been very poor this year. BM shouldn't play, Shrout is a complete unknown. . . Jennings is a beast. Put him in coach, he's ready to play. . . maybe he can even throw to himself.
This would give us a ZERO chance of winning

I think you roll with Shrout. If that doesn’t work, it’s time for JJ. JG absolutely does not see the field in a Vols Jersey again. He lost that right Saturday. When JJ stepped in after JG tapped out for a play, he solidified a spot in my heart as one of my all time favorite Vols. What won’t this kid do?

I absolutely love JJ's fire but he needs to be a WR for us. I kinda think JJ was the QB at Blackman because he was the best player on the team, not necessarily because he was made to be under center. He had some pretty pedestrian Friday nights come playoff time against Maryville (2013, 8/24 for 121 yards, 0 TD to 3 INT, ran for 95 and 1 rushing TD) and Oakland (2014, 8/20 for 169 yards, 0 TD to 1 INT, ran for 66 yds and 1 rushing TD). He's definitely more mobile and more of a dual threat than anyone we've played at QB since Dobbs, but I really don't want to see what happens when you plug in a guy who hasn't worked at QB for five years in for more than a trick play or two.

Does anyone know how many quarterbacks we have lost due to transferring since dobbs? I have been trying to remember seems like one of them should have been better than JG right lol

VN Store

Back