Jennifer Sullivan leaving Tennessee

Duke hasn't been shytt since she left

And she hasn't been shytt since she left Duke, unfortunately. But she was always a helluva offensive coach. And a great recruiter at Duke, but for some reason that went away at Texas. That was one weird situation. She never managed to be able to recruit there. Aston was the opposite...she could recruit but couldn't coach.

And she hasn't been shytt since she left Duke, unfortunately. But she was always a helluva offensive coach. And a great recruiter at Duke, but for some reason that went away at Texas. That was one weird situation. She never managed to be able to recruit there. Aston was the opposite...she could recruit but couldn't coach.
Rumors were going that she left for Texas to get away from her then husband who she had divorced.

Rumors were going that she left for Texas to get away from her then husband who she had divorced.

I mean, the Duke AD basically said "bye". Texas was offering her a TON more money than what she was getting at Duke and from what I remember Duke made basically no effort to keep her and raise her pay. She likely would've stayed at Duke if they had given her a raise -- without even reaching what Texas was offering -- but they didn't even offer her that. They really treated her like crap in all that and clearly didn't value her.

Last edited:
@Grahamland @Amb3096 Add another random LV to the list lol

Lol Alex has definitely had a good career thus far as an assistant and head coach. While I’m not necessarily saying it needs to be a former player(I’d prefer it weren’t and considering the hire of Williams really think we need an offensive juggernaut for the second hire) I do think if we’re looking “in house” she’s one I’d interview for asst

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I mean, the Duke AD basically said "bye". Texas was offering her a TON more money than what she was getting at Duke and from what I remember Duke made basically no effort to give her. She likely would've stayed at Duke if they had given her a raise -- without even reaching what Texas was offering -- but they didn't even offer her that. They really treated her like crap in all that and clearly didn't value her.
I remember her last season at Duke her team beat #1 Tennessee in TBA in January 2007.

How did I miss THIS? I was just about to suggest what I thought would be impossible, and that was to convince Bob Starkey to leave Gary Blair's staff to join Tennessee. And then I ran across this news:

Bob Starkey named assistant coach for Auburn women's basketball - Auburn University Athletics

I always heard he was an offensive mastermind. Sure is a great hire for Harris.

He's not an offensive coach. He was on the LSU staff with Pokey/Van and their offense was always hot garbage.

He's a great assistant, though, no doubt. Kind of surprising to see him make this change this late in his coaching career. I thought he'd stay at A&M until he retired since he's made it clear he doesn't want to be a HC.

I remember her last season at Duke her team beat #1 Tennessee in TBA in January 2007.

We were #4. They were #1 and undefeated and had just spanked defending NCs Maryland, and stayed undefeated until they lost to NC State in the ACCT semis. That was the infamous game where they went up 19-0 and Abby Waner hit like four threes from 27 feet. They were heavy favorites to win the NC until they choked against Rutgers in the S16 -- not that any UT fan should be sad about that given we wound up winning. :cool:

On another note, that game is actually on YT in its entirety.

We were #4. They were #1 and undefeated and had just spanked defending NCs Maryland, and stayed undefeated until they lost to NC State in the ACCT semis. That was the infamous game where they went up 19-0 and Abby Waner hit like four threes from 27 feet. They were heavy favorites to win the NC until they choked against Rutgers in the S16 -- not that any UT fan should be sad about that given we wound up winning. :cool:

On another note, that game is actually on YT in its entirety.
That year the LadyVols lost to LSU 63-54 in the SEC Tournament Semifinals

Reactions: volman128
I don't know how well we were doing with any particular recruit for 2022 so we'll see if we any of the ones we have offered are more favorable towards us in the next couple of months. I would love to have Smith very underrated center and any of the guards Walker, Whitehorn, and Buggs. Of course players like Watkins or Barker makes this class a success. Both have been really quiet about their recruiting.

I don't know how well we were doing with any particular recruit for 2022 so we'll see if we any of the ones we have offered are more favorable towards us in the next couple of months. I would love to have Smith very underrated center and any of the guards Walker, Whitehorn, and Buggs. Of course players like Watkins or Barker makes this class a success. Both have been really quiet about their recruiting.

I would move Smith to Baylor like you said she will start from day one there, Also i agree with you she is very under underrated and my bother agrees to he travels around the country scouting players like Smith. Looking the super 60 class of 22 players after Watkins who most think is under rank it thins out for the 4 and 5 position players.

How did I miss THIS? I was just about to suggest what I thought would be impossible, and that was to convince Bob Starkey to leave Gary Blair's staff to join Tennessee. And then I ran across this news:

Bob Starkey named assistant coach for Auburn women's basketball - Auburn University Athletics

I always heard he was an offensive mastermind. Sure is a great hire for Harris.
Bob Starkey is a defensive mastermind, not offensive. He was Blair’s defensive coordinator.

Bob Starkey would be a big time hire for most schools. He's got tons of experience and is very familiar with the SEC.

Bob Starkey would be a big time hire for most schools. He's got tons of experience and is very familiar with the SEC.

They are all buds, fun to see. Vic setting Johnnie up just like Gary did for him. I’m sure she’s going to use the same recipe. Probably a dribble drive offense and really tough defense. She can coach up a big girl. With Starkey calling the defense they will be really tough once they have some decent players.

VN Store

Back