Jeff Walz Emailed Me Back

Do you think he answers his own email or does someone do it for him?

I get over a hundred emails a day and I am not an NCAA coach
of course someone else reads his emails and most of the time answers it

not on a personal basis though
never
McGee proofs for Coach Warlick (did, anyway)

They want to win. The insistence on it being a woman from Summitt’s coaching tree is solely held by the 60-80 year old women fans that are content with mediocrity as long as the “tradition is upheld”.

You unfairly impugn many LV women fans.

And that said, as to your “solely”, I think some of those screaming “It must be.....” have been men.

And I reiterate, HIRE THE BEST AVAILABLE and SUPPORT THEM.

Inspired by the OP, I also emailed Walz.

All I got back was a voicemail listing the drop location to park the van. Oh, and he requested all unmarked bills.

There was also a vague threat warning about no dye packs. The caller dropped the F-bomb, so figured it must be authentic.

(There was also a curt, garbled message at the end that sounded pretty angry. The only word I could make out was "Geno.")

Last edited:
I loved hearing yesterday on ESPN one of the analysts saying that by far, hands down, The University of Tennessee is the best women's basketball coaching job in the country. That is nice to hear. And I'm glad that Phil fired Holly when it's still considered that. All it takes is to look at our football program to see how dragging things along and making mediocre hires can ruin the national perception of a program. I think we made the right move.

And I don't care if it's a male, female, or a talking squirrel, if there's a coach out there who can recruit at the Elite level we are used to, and get us back to cutting down nets on a yearly basis, then I want them here! This will be a good indicator of how Fulmer hires. Does he go like "Dollar Store Dave" or does he swing for the fences and back up the Brinks truck to get his target? I'm excited to see who he gets.
That was Andy Landers whom I have always admired. He was a hard ass perfectionist that yelled a lot. (I respond well to that). He began coaching at Roane State Community College (around where I grew up.) His words were direct and true. You have to be someone that knows how to win and motivate and be able to handle the fans. I have been in Florida for the past 33 years but still I remain a die hard Lady Vol fan.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Is there anyway to message someone privately on this board? This is off topic.

No. Only if Freak forwards an email or something.

I have had a couple of posters request Freak to contact through me and he did, but those were pretty serious situations.

Also one time CoachJ or gule (can’t remember which) posted his email address and some of us set up contacts then.

I get over a hundred emails a day and I am not an NCAA coach
of course someone else reads his emails and most of the time answers it

not on a personal basis though
never
McGee proofs for Coach Warlick (did, anyway)

How many emails have you received from fans begging you to be the Lady Vols head coach?

Reactions: YankeeVol

VN Store

Back