Jeff Brohm to Louisville (Dan Dakich reports)

Fsu is down right now...but it kind of says something about Pruitt if he's bring rumored for HC at a perennial power like FSU.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Louisville v Purdue - tough choice Purdue is a more famed school but Louisville has a better recent (last 30 years?) history in CFB.

I guess the big question is where does Brohm want to go in the future? If he wants to be an institution at Louisville then I get the move. If he wants to move up the coaching ladder he can probably do that at Purdue with a couple good seasons then bail for a traditional program with real resources.

Neither Purdue or Louisville will provide the commitment to excellence ($$$) that it takes to be a true contender.

Maybe he sees that Purdue boosters will never make the commitment but Papa John might still pony up more cash?

UofL is distancing their self from Papa John sponsorship after recent "controversies"

And you know it's in jest, LW. Other than the trolls that pop up during a rivalry week, we do generally appreciate the other team's fans that visit here. It seems like UF and UT tend to share misery in close proximity and while we revel in your discord, we can sympathize.

Except with the Bammers...We can all hate Alabama equally.

This.

And **** the gators.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Louisville is a better job. He was born there and an Alum. It'd be hard NOT to take the job IMO

Fsu is down right now...but it kind of says something about Pruitt if he's bring rumored for HC at a perennial power like FSU.
Nothing to it but a Tweet from an FSU fan. If they fire Taggart after year one who the hell would ever go there to coach? You have to give a new coach 3 to 4 years.

Brohm seems pretty happy where he is. Doesn't appear to be a money chaser like a lot of these guys. I mean heck the dude still drives his 04 accord that is beat to sh*t. Didn't Louisville have a pretty big issue while ousting the previous AD as well? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that wants to get caught up in a mess.

Taggart is not going anywhere soon. His buyout is 85% of his contract. He is hooked to FSU till 2024 roughly 25 mil. Plus still paying Oregon 3 mil. I dont see anyway they could make the move this soon.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Maybe Brohm's thing is he floats a rumor out there that he can disavow and then get a raise.

they very inconsistent for some reason - was OSU lose to Michigan St scoring 6 points at home ?
I agree, inconsistent. He keeps bringing in really good recruiting classes (as far as Purdue is concerned), and the talent level for his system will continue to improve. He runs a very different offense than the regime before him, so he's gotta get his players in there to run it. He's still doing a lot with players that he didn't recruit.

Y’all think Purdue is a better job than Louisville?
Yes.
  • Better university in general (on the up and up in general - Mitch Daniels has them heading in the right direction).
  • Scandal-free
  • More national games of late
  • Big Ten > ACC
  • Easier division to win in
    • Louisville has to play Clemson/FSU every year
    • Purdue gets to avoid OSU/Michigan most years

VN Store

Back