Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Any Owners?

I'll get a pic of the front tomorrow with the factory LED lights. Very bright on my drive home.

Do they have haloes/angel eyes? Are the fogs also LED? I wonder how much they would charge to upgrade the regular lights.

Last edited:
Do they have haloes/angel eyes? Are the fog's also LED? I wonder how much they would charge to upgrade the regular lights.

Pics attached. These are standard on the Rubicon and Sahara series, $595 option on the Sport package.

Attachments

• 20161020_105209.jpg
    20161020_105209.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20161020_105220.jpg
    20161020_105220.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20161020_105229.jpg
    20161020_105229.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
Not sure if these pics will accurately reflect how bright the LED lights are.

Attachments

• 20161020_205052.jpg
    20161020_205052.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2
  • 20161020_205117.jpg
    20161020_205117.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1
Those definitely look brighter! Hard to tell from the pics: do they have daytime running light haloes?

I have a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I absolutely love it. I too went from a pickup truck to a Jeep. I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 4 door Z-71 that my son now drives.

I do wood working as a hobby and tow a small utility trailer to the lumber store. I also occasionally tow a 1,300 lb horse trailer with two horses approximately 1,200 or 1,300 lbs for a total of 2,600 lbs. The Jeep handles it okay. I feel better using the Silverado and insist that my wife uses the truck when she hauls the horses to arena events.

The Jeep is just fun to drive, the top comes off and will go anywhere. The only negative is I have a problem with the front tires cupping if you don't rotate every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.

What is (or is there) a fix for the TPMS indicator now that I have bigger tires? I've checked the tire pressure, and they were fairly underinflated from the dealer. I've put them all to 35psi, yet the TPMS light is still on. Is there some way to reset or recalibrate it? Does it have to go to the dealer? TIA!!!

Out with the old and in with the new.

Attachments

• 20161209_145106.jpg
    20161209_145106.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20161216_171647.jpg
    20161216_171647.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 1 person
I was 50/50 on that receiver and the JVC I ended up getting. I really like having a USB port in the front. However, your Pioneer is the sharper looking of the two.

Attachments

• 20161218_075652.jpg
    20161218_075652.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4
How difficult is it to install the upgraded stereo/nav? Does it require a separate dash kit?

This is going to sound like a plug and I guess it really is because I'm always happy with them, but I would definitely go through Crutchfield to get your receiver. On my 2011 JKU the installation gear (dash kit/antenna adapter/wiring harness/screws) for almost any receiver runs 35 bucks plus it comes with a vehicle-specific installation guide. If you've got any knack at all for this kind of project or just want to learn than a Jeep is a great one to start on.

Last edited:
How difficult is it to install the upgraded stereo/nav? Does it require a separate dash kit?

I had mine professionally installed, including new speakers. The head unit did require an install kit, and there's an additional adapter to purchase if you want to maintain your steering wheel mounted controls. Mine has DVD playback capability (not that I care), no aux or USB on the front, and no nav. It does have rear camera capability, but that also requires additional hardware, plus a camera. I didn't know that they would do this, but they ran me a USB cable and an aux cable into the glove box, so I hook my iPad in via the USB and I connect my phone via Bluetooth. I'm not much of a handy man, so I couldn't imagine doing this install myself. They say replacing the dash speakers is a real bear. As far as fit and look, I think it looks great. I went with the double DIN just because it's essentially the same size as the factory stereo. It looks square and centered, no gaps.

This is going to sound like a plug and I guess it really is because I'm always happy with them, but I would definitely go through Crutchfield to get your receiver. On my 2011 JKU the installation gear (dash kit/antenna adapter/wiring harness/screws) for almost any receiver runs 35 bucks plus it comes with a vehicle-specific installation guide. If you've got any knack at all for this kind of project or just want to learn then a Jeep is a great one to start on.

I didn't order my receiver through Crutchfield, but I did research it on there to make sure it would fit, and you can find out exactly what else you will need for the install. My head unit was cheaper on Amazon, plus I had some credit there I needed to spend.

I'll add a note that I don't have steering wheel functionality, backup cam, and obviously I have an accessible USB port. I would definitely have a pro install mine with a set up like Regulator's. I got a double din as well because of the size. The dash kit just adds about 3/4 inch on each side and nothing on the top or bottom. Looks really good as stated.

I didn't order my receiver through Crutchfield, but I did research it on there to make sure it would fit, and you can find out exactly what else you will need for the install. My head unit was cheaper on Amazon, plus I had some credit there I needed to spend.

Gotcha! I've resorted to Amazon and eBay a few times, but mostly for stuff for the old Benz I had.

Just took mine for a drive on the beach 👍

Attachments

• IMG_3214.jpg
    IMG_3214.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back