Jaylen Wright discusses his cheetah mentality

Daaang we got an 18 year old better than Oklahoma's starting tailback. Sweet
He was a freshman better than UNC’s starter two short years ago. Precedent set. And this guy won’t even be starting. 😎

If he really has ran a 4.28 in the 40, then good grief. The Vols are stocking some serious speed at RB and WR.

RB's with exceptional speed: Evans, Wright.
WR's with exceptional speed: Hyatt, Calloway, Jones, Tillman, and Holiday.

Next years class so far: RB: Sampson, and at WR probably White as well.

All these guys can burn.

That has been one of the biggest weaknesses the program has had in recent years. No speed burners that demand respect.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Can/will Wright reduce the impact of losing Gray?

Asking for a friend.
We will have to see it. Gray has instinct and works an open field at an elite level. Wright is fast.... but we don't know if he has the other talents or not.

It does appear that TN has upgraded overall when it comes to speed. Everybody wanted players like Crouch but the guy was slow. He looked like he was running in sand and was always late. Speed can't be taught.

We will have to see it. Gray has instinct and works an open field at an elite level. Wright is fast.... but we don't know if he has the other talents or not.
Only time we witnessed that was against Vandy. Grade slaw otherwise.

The more I think about it.... I know we want to pass, pass, pass.... but due to Pruitt we are really set up to RUN, RUN, RUN by the previous coach.

Not sure where everyone is getting that impression. Our run/pass ratio isn't going to look unusual.

The passing yardage is huge because the scheme creates one-on-one matchups on downfield patterns. But for the same reason, it's an offense that can bust big yardage rushing plays, too, if the speed is there to maximize opportunities.

We should be averaging 200 yd/game rushing by second half of the season (i.e., when players have gotten grooved to the offense).

VN Store

Back