Jay Graham

1725gatorhater

Hearing some rumors on TOS that David Johnson is leaving and we are getting Jay Graham. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything about this rumor?

black-brown-rubber-cal-door-mats-10-106-020-64_1000.jpg

I know Tee is going to WRs. But it seems like Weinke would be the obvious sacrificial trade for Graham.
I think Weinke will be a great QB coach... remember he won Heisman and went to a few BCS back in the day and was a pro QB. I think Weinke was bored as RB coach and can excel as QB coach. That could get his mojo back and recruit well at IMG.

I think Weinke will be a great QB coach... remember he won Heisman and went to a few BCS back in the day and was a pro QB. I think Weinke was bored as RB coach and can excel as QB coach. That could get his mojo back and recruit well at IMG.
I think Chaney will be the primary QB coach and that he should be. I much prefer Johnson over Weinke as a coach and a recruiter.

This. Get rid of Weinke if anyone
We are asking David Johnson to coach RB and he hasnt really done that yet. You want your RB coach to be a ace recruiter. Johnson has connections in Memphis and Louisana but I'm not sure they make that much of a difference so far. If UT makes memphis a priority I dont know if you necessarily need a coach from the area. Jay Graham has experience coaching running but more importantly recruits very well. Graham would help us lock down NC. It doesnt say but I bet that Graham is the main recruiter for Zachary Evan's and might get us in the conversation. With Chaneys offenses producing great RBs and 2019 oline class and the potiental to follow this up with another great oline class in 2020 we are primed to get an elite RB.

He was one of the most mediocre QBs ever to win the Heisman. Our only recruit out of IMG was going to go to UT no matter what if we wanted him, so I don't think Wienke added anything to the recruiting picture

Last edited:
Reactions: sbm362 and Flounder
It’s been said Weinke is only reason Justin Rogers (5-star?lineman out of Michigan) is strongly considering UT. Keep hearing the IMG pipeline talk from VN with Weinke. But is that an assumption just because of his past there? He’s been gone from there for several years. Has David Johnson produced more out of Memphis or Louisiana? Not thinking he was the recruiter for any of the Memphis kids we have gotten?

I really don't want to lose David Johnson. Great WR coach and he was our 2nd best recruiter behind Niedermeyer. If we're going to lose someone, rather it be Weinke.

Though, would be nice to find a way to get Tee Martin, David Johnson, and Jay Graham all on the same staff.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back