Jay Graham or Reggie Cobb ?

No other SEC RB could have compared to Reggie Cobb had he completed his career cleanly.

He was a man among boys.

Reggie Cobb was physically more talented than Chuck Webb. However, Chuck Webb had vision and the ability to read the flow of the defense, in a way that extremely few people ever have.

This and these threads make it sad how far we have fallen!

Reggie Cobb was physically more talented than Chuck Webb. However, Chuck Webb had vision and the ability to read the flow of the defense, in a way that extremely few people ever have.

Yes, Chuck had outstanding vision and could find that hole. A once in a decade type talent. At his peak (Cotton Bowl), it was an amazing beauty to behold.

Reactions: Memvol44

I'd give Cobb the edge in "stronger" but Webb was shiftier and faster as well as the attributes you listed. (People forget Webb had an Ohio 100m title to his credit)

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Cobb. Now, do the Cobb/Webb or Cobb/Lewis ones. That’s what I’m interested in seeing.
Precisely. Jay Graham was a great running back, but he was no Reggie Cobb. This one was over before it even started. Cobb/Webb or Cobb/Lewis are the interesting matchups.

Precisely. Jay Graham was a great running back, but he was no Reggie Cobb. This one was over before it even started. Cobb/Webb or Cobb/Lewis are the interesting matchups.

'Before Junior Year' Lewis and Jay Graham vs the Cobb-Webb would be a good debate

I'd give Cobb the edge in "stronger" but Webb was shiftier and faster as well as the attributes you listed. (People forget Webb had an Ohio 100m title to his credit)
Reggie Cobb was a faster and shiftier version of Jamal Lewis. Cobb wasn’t as fast as Webb but he reached top speed in around 3 to 4 steps.
Webb would just make you miss, had the ability to accelerate and had vision to see where a hole was going to be. Only two other backs in my lifetime had that vision. Barry sanders and to a lesser extent...Thurman Thomas

Graham was faster. But, Cobb was a better RB, with great vision, power and footwork, plus more than adequate speed. Cobb came from the Bo and Herschel mold. He was a 35 carry/game RB. He could truck you, or break your ankles, then out run you.

Reactions: hbjordan
I think Cobb was the better overall back, more instinctive, had that vision great RBs have to find the hole and the skill to hit it. Graham's top end speed when he got in the open field was exceptional. Do you think he's the fastest, maybe not the quickest, but straight line fastest back UT has ever had?

Reactions: kbear01
I think Cobb was the better overall back, more instinctive, had that vision great RBs have to find the hole and the skill to hit it. Graham's top end speed when he got in the open field was exceptional. Do you think he's the fastest, maybe not the quickest, but straight line fastest back UT has ever had?
If you do not count Stanley Morgan, maybe. Chuck Webb was pretty fast as well.

VN Store

Back