Jay Graham going down with Fisher?

What a joke. Guess if Graham had just called the recruit and made him a “strong a$$ offer”, the association would’ve looked the other way.
I could never make it as an AD or HC in today’s college world, because the moment I received the call about Graham’s show cause being handed down, I would’ve immediately sent him on the road recruiting!
GBO!!

Hate to hear this. Its unbelievably apparent the effect Coach Graham has had on recruiting in the few months he's been here. In fact, when he was hired is when we began to take off.

Doesn't look like the penalties will be that severe for him.

Weirdest away game I’ve experienced. The fans had some really cool rituals and stuff but I had a couple real weirdos sitting around me. The guy directly in front of me kept looking back and asking “have you ever seen anything like this?!” I was polite at first and would give the polite “this is a great atmosphere, lots of neat chants and cheers” and such. But that wasn’t enough. He and a another guy kept peppering me with “have you ever heard anything this loud, and nobody else in the SEC does this, etc.”. At some point, after about the 6th reference to how loud and incredible the environment was and trying to get to me agree it was the loudest place I ever heard, I said “look man, this is cool, but I’ve been to Knoxville at night where 100,000+ hate your guts and you can’t hear the guy next to you, I’ve been at crazed Auburn games in Jordan-Hare, I’ve had 100k Bama fans sing Dixieland Delight at me while they were kicking the crap out of us, I’ve been to Jacksonville where a mixture of UGA and UF fans fight for dominance on who can be the loudest and most obnoxious, and I’ve been to well over a hundred monster games in the Swamp where national titles are on the line and permanent hearing loss is a real thing.”

They sorta looked at me with sad and confused eyes after this and pretty much stopped bothering me. Nothing I’ve seen since then has showed me they aren’t still weird.
You should have replied with Vandy was louder than A&M

Last edited:

Saban did the same thing a few years ago. It was well documented but the NCAA did nothing. I believe it was in Texas. He was visiting the high school coach of a prospect and "accidentally" encountered the recruit. Knowing how personable Saban is, I'm sure he just flew out to Texas to have a casual chat with the coach and had no intent of influencing the recruit.

What's your bet on the over/under for how many hours before ESPN mentions this newsworthy tidbit? Infinity is a valid number for this exercise
I think teams report minor violations to the NCAA every year to prove due diligence. The NCAA has no desire to investigate or punish their cash cows. Some poor assistant coach gets thrown under the bus to prove what a great job the AA does keeping the playing field level.

Weirdest away game I’ve experienced. The fans had some really cool rituals and stuff but I had a couple real weirdos sitting around me. The guy directly in front of me kept looking back and asking “have you ever seen anything like this?!” I was polite at first and would give the polite “this is a great atmosphere, lots of neat chants and cheers” and such. But that wasn’t enough. He and a another guy kept peppering me with “have you ever heard anything this loud, and nobody else in the SEC does this, etc.”. At some point, after about the 6th reference to how loud and incredible the environment was and trying to get to me agree it was the loudest place I ever heard, I said “look man, this is cool, but I’ve been to Knoxville at night where 100,000+ hate your guts and you can’t hear the guy next to you, I’ve been at crazed Auburn games in Jordan-Hare, I’ve had 100k Bama fans sing Dixieland Delight at me while they were kicking the crap out of us, I’ve been to Jacksonville where a mixture of UGA and UF fans fight for dominance on who can be the loudest and most obnoxious, and I’ve been to well over a hundred monster games in the Swamp where national titles are on the line and permanent hearing loss is a real thing.”

They sorta looked at me with sad and confused eyes after this and pretty much stopped bothering me. Nothing I’ve seen since then has showed me they aren’t still weird.
I don't think anywhere on earth can bother me like the Swamp on a mid September day

Reactions: Jaws and igotworms
This sounds like something that comes no where close to deserving a show cause. WTF is wrong with the NCAA??

This is interesting. Maybe some of our illustrious Gator fans can fill us in on Stan Wilcox

VN Store

Back