Jay Graham buys into Bammer

Great player. Never did squat at UT coaching or recruitment wise. He did not have to reply to that tweet so yes he is accountable.

At least he sees us as relevant enough to take a swipe at. There aren’t many people that do anymore. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t have a problem with him taking a job at UA. However, I would expect someone to show some class in dealing with their former employer. When I take a new job, I don’t go to Twitter to talk trash about my previous employer. I realize the real world isn’t the same as college sports, but that is something I would never do.

I wouldn't either but as you said it's different worlds.

He just stated facts. Didn't see anything backhanded toward UT. While I hate to see him wearing crimson, the man has to do what's best for his career. Working for Saban seems to be a golden ticket to bigger and better. Problem is...what can a particular coach do with the opportunity. Much ado about nothing IMO. UT has far bigger problems than a tweet to contend with.

You guys are making the assumption that if you played here, you would kill your family if they disrespected Tennessee. Most former players don’t have the loyalty of the average VN poster. Heck, most of them came to play at UT because of many other reasons besides love of school.

Clearly, Mr. Thick Skin. A players dad got you riled up LMAO

Monday at 5:39 PM
[IMG]https://www.volnation.com/forum/data/avatars/m/80/80457.jpg?1601394926[/IMG]

[U]Rylee_Vol18[/U]
It's Deja Vu All Over Again

JoinedSep 10, 2020Messages509Likes942

After Henry's dad ran his big fat mouth, I don't want him here.
Two totally different comments. The dad said it was a mistake to come here in the first place, where did Jay say that? Nice try though.

You guys are making the assumption that if you played here, you would kill your family if they disrespected Tennessee. Most former players don’t have the loyalty of the average VN poster. Heck, most of them came to play at UT because of many other reasons besides love of school.

Time to strip those VFL titles for former players.

Two totally different comments. The dad said it was a mistake to come here in the first place, where did Jay say that? Nice try though.

Hey, Henry's dad didn't get in my head. You seemed pretty thin skinned about it.

Last edited:
Why is it? He coaches there now. What's he supposed to do? Talk good about the rival team?

I don’t care if he took another job, it happens all the time.

However, I don’t see the reason to kick our program when they’re already down. It’s not like the University canned him over personal reasons.

Pruitt and his staff got caught cheating, resulting incoming NCAA sanctions. The AD had no choice but to clean house.

I know Jay had some time left on his deal here before he went to Bama. Did we force him to pay the buyout or did we let him out of his contract? If we let him out of his contract, then yeah, that swipe was classless. If we made him pay the buyout, then yeah, I could see why he would want to get in a shot.

I equate it to the Dixie Chicks episode. They trashed the US and the President while on foreign soil. If they did it here, no big deal. Same with Jay. He did it from foreign soil.

As Winston would say, he is ExCommunicado (sp).

Reactions: Doberman

VN Store

Back