Javo Splatter

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Like many of you, I'm anxious for Vols ball to return. So am doing anything to feed my football fever. Thus was just stumbling through Vols news sites. I came upon one talking about underrated Vols recruits and their HUDL vids. I enjoyed all of them but that guy JavonTez Spraggins caught my attention the most. MY oh MY, what a mean sonuvagun, just nasty mean. He's supposed to be extraordinarily strong but imagine after going through a year so in the SC program! The only worry I'd have is he needs to be careful about blocking people whose backs are turned to him. Otherwise, he plays as if it is his life's mission to either bulldozer, run over and bury opponents or throw them eight to ten feet away from the play. If we get about 3-4 OL with his ability and attitude it would be enough to make me have micro feelings of pity for even Red Algae bloom. No, I'm not joking, take a peek.
Source: The 5 Most Underrated Recruits in Vols' 2020 Class | Rocky Top Insider

Last edited:
Great article. I'm most excited about Hyatt myself. He is lightning in his film. "He ran a 4.29 and they didn't believe it... So he ran it again at 4.31."

Combine that speed with a mind for route running and that's a beautiful thing.

Reactions: bigorange
Nice dig at Butch and the previous coaching staff

"As long as Slaughter can put on the necessary weight and keep his quickness, I could see him flourishing as a Rashaan Gaulden-type of defender, only he’ll have some very good coaches at UT — unlike Gaulden."

Funny. I didn't see that Butch spade and shovel dirt scratch in the Spraggins article or anything about Slaughter either. Perhaps you had a moment of catachresis. Either that or your poured too much Jack in your morning coffee, in which case i insist on being served a cup or five. Oh nevermind, I see what really happened now, you be right.

Great article. I'm most excited about Hyatt myself. He is lightning in his film. "He ran a 4.29 and they didn't believe it... So he ran it again at 4.31."

Combine that speed with a mind for route running and that's a beautiful thing.
Now imagine that speed with a mind for route running on top of being chased after the catch, then that speed will really be beautiful thing to see him pull away

Funny. I didn't see that Butch spade and shovel dirt scratch in the Spraggins article or anything about Slaughter either. Perhaps you had a moment of catachresis. Either that or your poured too much Jack in your morning coffee, in which case i insist on being served a cup or five. Oh nevermind, I see what really happened now, you be right.

For the record, there is no such thing as "too much Jack in your morning coffee" It HAs to be something else!!!!!🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

A coach or somebody has definitely taught him to knock people down, which is a good thing.

He has the speed and agility to pull and crush guys in the secondary.

I did not see him go against many guys his size. Therefore, hard to tell until he goes against Gooden and Butler, or any other future pro d linemen if he will have the same knock down power.

Hopefully, a year in the S.C. program will allow him to develop his power and apply the attitude!

Go Vols!

You think Slaughter will ever shoot the bird to the bammers,like Gaulden did?
If he ever plays. You gotta think DBs are Pru’s pride and joy. We are going to get some major players in the secondary every class. They can’t all play

I've thrown this guy out there in most of the recruiting class ranking threads. If he's a 4* then UT's ranking is higher... but I'll take that 3* and a bunch like him in every class. He's big, quick, strong, and nasty.

I have no problem finishing with a top 15 class if the 3* guys are like him, Holiday, and Beckwith.

Reactions: Woke
You think Slaughter will ever shoot the bird to the bammers,like Gaulden did?
A lot of people made out like that was an even swap with UF... I don't think it was. IMO, I don't think this kid breaks the rotation at UT. He doesn't have the size to be a great S or the speed to be a CB. I would love to be wrong... he just doesn't seem to compare to UT's other DB's.

Reactions: RockyTopTexas
A lot of people made out like that was an even swap with UF... I don't think it was. IMO, I don't think this kid breaks the rotation at UT. He doesn't have the size to be a great S or the speed to be a CB. I would love to be wrong... he just doesn't seem to compare to UT's other DB's.
If that’s the case then why did Pruitt even take him...CJP head coach/ DB. Guru probably knows why he took him.

If that’s the case then why did Pruitt even take him...CJP head coach/ DB. Guru probably knows why he took him.
Honestly, I don't know. Just stating an opinion after watching his video. FTR, you will almost always see me defending Pruitt on recruiting when the stargazers attack. I think he's pulled some really good 3* guys. I'm just not convinced Slaughter is that kind of player.

Anybody?

iu

Honestly, I don't know. Just stating an opinion after watching his video. FTR, you will almost always see me defending Pruitt on recruiting when the stargazers attack. I think he's pulled some really good 3* guys. I'm just not convinced Slaughter is that kind of player.
Did I or did I not read where they put him through personal workouts ? Before fully excepting him. I could be wrong

Like many of you, I'm anxious for Vols ball to return. So am doing anything to feed my football fever. Thus was just stumbling through Vols news sites. I came upon one talking about underrated Vols recruits and their HUDL vids. I enjoyed all of them but that guy JavonTez Spraggins caught my attention the most. MY oh MY, what a mean sonuvagun, just nasty mean. He's supposed to be extraordinarily strong but imagine after going through a year so in the SC program! The only worry I'd have is he needs to be careful about blocking people whose backs are turned to him. Otherwise, he plays as if it is his life's mission to either bulldozer, run over and bury opponents or throw them eight to ten feet away from the play. If we get about 3-4 OL with his ability and attitude it would be enough to make me have micro feelings of pity for even Red Algae bloom. No, I'm not joking, take a peek.
Source: The 5 Most Underrated Recruits in Vols' 2020 Class | Rocky Top Insider
I have a feeling the coaches we have now will be bringing in better O lineman than the previous coaching staff. I know previous coaches landed Trey but that is still just one guy.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back