Jauan Jennings leaves Tennessee (Debunked rumor)

"Jauan Jennings is one of those players you can trust to execute when it's "do or die" and the game is on the line. ........

...... Hands raised for Tennessee like referees toasted."

Thanks OneVolNation. I enjoyed the read and feel the same. If Chaney does what they say he does (finding the players talents and exploiting them on field), JJ should get an enormous number of touches this year if he stays.

Reactions: OneVolNation
We always hear about Sexton, who I think is ranked around 28th in the world of sports agents, but there's the agent who negotiated
Matt Ryan's and Fletcher Cox's NFL salaries who is ranked 1st in the entire world for Football and 10th in the world as a sports agent overall.
His name is Todd France and I found it interesting how many players as clients he currently represents in the NFL (86) and he has successfully negotiated $1.39 Billion in their salaries contracts combined. Those numbers are current as of Sept. according to the article I read.

source: Todd France

Thanks OneVolNation. I enjoyed the read and feel the same. If Chaney does what they say he does (finding the players talents and exploiting them on field), JJ should get an enormous number of touches this year if he stays.

My pleasure, @basspond Thanks for letting me know you read it and enjoyed it. As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I got an unction to type a word of encouragement and support for Jauan Jennings no matter what the near future holds as he is one of my favorite players if not favorite and didn't realize I hadn't stopped typing. I hope for him that he gets selected at least as high as the 2nd round because of the big drop off in salaries, bonuses, and guarantees compared to rounds 3-6 where one scout report had him listed as projected somewhere in that range.

Reactions: basspond
I was told the same thing from the family. He planned on it last year before getting hurt. I'm sure he is gone but I hope Pruitt can convince him to stay. His heart for the game is amazing but I have a hard time relating him to the NFL level. He needs to stay.

There's nothing left for him to prove at the collegiate level. Another year isn't going to make him 2" taller or shave .2 off his 40 time. If the only reason he is in school is to play football, then he should go and take his chances.

If he makes a roster, it will be because of his competitive passion for the game. Some coaches really love that kind of thing. But, the truth is, he doesn't really have the athleticism to play at a high level in the NFL.

Is it just me, or would he be well suited as a TE in the NFL. As physical as he is, I think he could be a monster TE.

Based on a little research, it looks like after the 5th round a player is almost better off going undrafted. The difference in salary between a late round guy and a UFA isn't all that much and you have more control over where you end up. There's enough stories out there about UFA's making it big that Jennings and other in his situation may jump even if they get a late round draft grade. With that being said, I hope he comes back and I think he should. It's likely that he could put enough good film out there in Chaney's offense to increase his stock.

He may not have enough talent to be an every week starter, but he has more than enough to be a backup and make league min for the next 10 years and build a nice nest egg.

He may not have enough talent to be an every week starter, but he has more than enough to be a backup and make league min for the next 10 years and build a nice nest egg.

I hope so. I would love to see the guy be successful.

I just know that most of the NFL teams get really caught up in the combine metrics, and it's hard for players that don't have the numbers to get a good look.

Jennings need to lose 15 pounds he to big and slow
No he's not.

There are all kinds of WR's in the NFL. Damariyus Bilbo was the size of a TE but had the agility to play WR.

Jennings has big strong hands and is fearless. Tall, can jump and is above average athlete. AND he loves to hit which adds major value as a special teams guy!

Reactions: HoptownVol
Arrested for drug possession, charged with assault and theft, injury prone and bashed his University with a profanity laced tirade on social media. 5 star recruit with career stat totals of this year's Clemson freshman receivers. Please come back, you have provided entertainment and drama for your biggest fans. LOL. Truth Hurts.
I thought I'd stepped in dog **** , but after reading your post I realized it's you I smell

I haven’t seen any evidence that he has left, and this is totally garbage talk, a garbage article, and no reporting by anyone that is real. I just don’t believe it. Let me say this, if he does decide to leave, then I hope he goes to the Titans or Cowboys.

VN Store

Back