Jauan Jennings leaves Tennessee (Debunked rumor)

Jennings is a player that has made a few highlight plays over his career, yet he has never produced at a consistently high level. If he were to leave, he would go down as just another player that underperformed at UT.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that he underperformed. He had a respectable season in 2016 and lost 2017 to injury. They just didn’t get him the touches this year. It’s hard to get any rhythm at all when you aren’t getting attempts.

He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had potential to be a much better player.

That said, the idea of him being on the UT receiver AllStar team is pretty ridiculous. Memories are short.

Jennings is a player that has made a few highlight plays over his career, yet he has never produced at a consistently high level. If he were to leave, he would go down as just another player that underperformed at UT.

Solid player that plays hard but has never led the team in receiving in a season.

The two legendary catches have made the legend larger than the man.

Good player that plays very hard, but not a great player.

Reactions: Lurker and photovol
Should JJ leave, I will remember him for the UGA win & for his hard blocking on running plays.
I remember Marquez North for the sideline, 3rd down, one arm catch he made.
I remember Zack Rodgers for his 70 yard catch he made against North Carolina State
Nothing more

He could shine this year. Hope he does not go pro. I fear it will not be a success.
The situation makes me wonder if his knee is worse than believed and it is now or never for the NFL.

Crooms was moved to tight end in the NFL and JJ has the tight end size and speed
Problem solved
That might be a good move, he already blocks real well. Though, Croom had been moved to TE here at UT before the NFL, so he already had time there on tape

So production doesn’t matter as long as you get an occasional highlight clip. That attitude is why UT has been irrelevant for so long. Jennings’ most productive season at UT was 2016. He caught 40 passes for 580 yards in 13 games. That’s 3 catches per game for 45 yards per game. Some of you guys have gotten so used to mediocrity that you don’t even remember what a great performance looks like.

And you should realize how mediocre we've been for a decade.

Reactions: VolforFootball
He hasn't had much of a chance. Dobbs couldn't pass, last year we didn't pass. When he gets the chance, he's a beast. Even when he ain't getting the ball. Hes blocking like a mad man

In Dobbs' last two seasons, he put up a good TD/INT ration with his final throwing for 27 TDs which is JJ's most productive season. However, Dobbs still threw under 3k yards... Which Josh Malone almost had a 1000 of those yards...

And in 2017 he was injured...

This past season... Couldn't consistently get any of the receivers the ball.

I don't think the problem is that he's inconsistent but we haven't had much consistent production in the passing during his tenure.

I love the Dog in JJ, but he's far from one of the all time greats, unfortunately

It's sad that Tennessee Football has been bad to mediocre for so long, the young fans have no clue what "one of the all time greats" even looks like on the field. Jennings is a good player but his production on the field in no way puts him in the category as "one of the all time greats." He is, however, a part of the two great plays in recent Tennessee history.

Reactions: Pappy and KBVol
Name another recent player who has multiple passing TD’s, multiple receiving TD’s, multiple tackles and an interception.

Hopefully he comes back!

Jauan Jennings’ Career Stats 2015 — 2018:

-35 total games played

-87 catches for 1184 yards and 10 TD’s

-12 carries for 42 yards

-2 touchdown passes, 0 ints (50% completion percentage)

-6 special teams tackles

-1 interception

-Made atleast 1 catch in every career game

-Multiple catches in 23 games

-Game-Winning catch against Georgia

-Game-Winning catch against Florida

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7372729/sec2.0.gif
sec2.0.gif
Note: Jennings has ahold of the wailing Capon's jersey, NOT his facemark or helmet.

Reactions: VetVol

VN Store

Back