Jauan Jennings being Jauan Jennings

He's getting a lot of snaps for a #3 WR on a team with an all-pro TE. It takes time for a QB to get to know his WR3 when he's trying to get to know the other two. So he's not going to get as much attention, but they love his blocking and if you pay attention when JJ makes a really good block, the next pass play has him as the primary target (that long drag across the field late in the game as an example). Shanahan always rewards a big block.

He's getting a lot of snaps for a #3 WR on a team with an all-pro TE. It takes time for a QB to get to know his WR3 when he's trying to get to know the other two. So he's not going to get as much attention, but they love his blocking and if you pay attention when JJ makes a really good block, the next pass play has him as the primary target (that long drag across the field late in the game as an example). Shanahan always rewards a big block.

Best blocking WR ever at TN. I could see him becoming a David Boston type NFL WR.

Reactions: spyfish007
He’s done. I just don’t know how the Cowboys can get rid of him. Don’t see another team absorbing his contract
Elliott's contract is another albatross hanging around their necks. After Jimmy Johnson left the Cowboys, Jerry Jones developed a nasty habit of locking players into long-term exorbitant contracts right after their careers have peaked and they start on the downward slide. That's why they can't do anything in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Dak Prescott being Dak Prescott..😂

How could anyone have confidence in his play at his position of leadership on any team?

DPrescott is a seemingly good person and an average NFL QB.

He could be successful as an average QB and have a great team around him but his inaccuracy with the pigskin last night cost them.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
JJ is looking really good with the Niners. There will never be huge numbers playing for the Niners because they have FAR too many weapons, and Shanahan likes to play with all of his toys. They spread the ball around to everybody, and they have a ton of offensive talent on that team. JJ produces when passes are thrown to him, and he blocks his butt off when they ball goes elsewhere. Because he is such a relentless worker, he also was constantly getting under the skin of the defensive backs covering him yesterday. That's a plus too.

How could anyone have confidence in his play at his position of leadership on any team?

DPrescott is a seemingly good person and an average NFL QB.

He could be successful as an average QB and have a great team around him but his inaccuracy with the pigskin last night cost them.
Somebody on these forums was trying to claim just within the last 2 to 3 weeks, that Dak Prescott was an elite QB. He tried to argue with me when I said he was just above average to good, but far from elite. LOL.

At the time when I made the comment his qbr was far higher than Prescott. And yes, many consider Prescott a top ten qb.

I haven't heard anyone arguing that Dak Prescott is a Top 10 QB talent in the NFL, and even if they were, Top 10 isn't elite.

Top 10 is the top 32% of the starters in the league. If you think 1/3 of the NFL QB's are elite, you're nuts.

Interesting. How high do you believe someone needs to be to be “elite”

I'd say that there are 4 elite QB's in the 2022 NFL season - Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow. That's it. Some seasons, there are fewer than that.

Lol Jalen Hurts is elite but Dak isn’t? Gtfo

Last edited:
Time for a new contract! I’m thinking at least a three year deal based on performance. 3/30 M is what Russell Gage got. He should at least get that.

Sorry, I don’t get it. I see a routine tackle in an NFL game.
3xw5.gif

Went back and watched the highlights of Tenn vs UGA in 2016, the year of "the catch". How in the world did that team only go 8-4?? Yeah, I know the answer. Imagine what Heupel would have done with that talent. Jalen Hurd, Kamara, Josh Malone, Jennings, Josh Dobbs, Derek Barnett, etc. But that catch by Jennings was one of the sweetest things ever. I have a UGA friend of mine I saw down in Atlanta the other day. He still won't talk about that catch even after all of UGA's success lately. LOL.

VN Store

Back