Jarret Guarantano better than most vol fans think

How many games has JG started?
What is his record?
What’s his QBR?
Has he shown that he can finish a close game or pull off a comeback win?

All I’m saying is if this is a “rebuilding” year then let’s see who we have at every position; mainly at QB.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Tennessee football: More stats favoring Jarrett Guarantano slam Vols OL

As I’ve said all along he is much better than some of you guys say or think. If the scouts are correct then Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert will be in the NFL draft. According to the sports source this morning in four categories Guarantano was better in three of them and tied the other.

Give this guy time and he will a top qb in the SEC.

He has a good completion percentage because a lot of his passes are spot passes like hooks and passes that Jennings outfights defenders for or Callaway out jumps defenders for.

Reactions: Vol4ever
Complaining constantly about nothing but the QB is lazy. Games lost the last 2 weeks are a result of failure to extend drives, convert critical 3rd and 4th and short yardage situations.

Yeah JGs INT was a critical mistake but would have easily been overcome by the team if they convert higher percentage of 3rd & 4th downs. JMO
Not extending drives, not converting on short yardage, is all based upon JG and his total inability to perform. He is not an SEC quarterback. Too much evidence and the results speak for themselves. Our greatest weakness is at the QB spot. A competent QB on offense has more chance to produce points and change how the game is coached.

Complaining constantly about nothing but the QB is lazy. Games lost the last 2 weeks are a result of failure to extend drives, convert critical 3rd and 4th and short yardage situations.

Yeah JGs INT was a critical mistake but would have easily been overcome by the team if they convert higher percentage of 3rd & 4th downs. JMO
JG's int was THE momentum changer in the game and after that Chaney protected him which BYU knew and stacked the box to make it where JG had to beat them with his arm ... he didn't ...

Not extending drives, not converting on short yardage, is all based upon JG and his total inability to perform. He is not an SEC quarterback. Too much evidence and the results speak for themselves. Our greatest weakness is at the QB spot. A competent QB on offense has more chance to produce points and change how the game is coached.

Not a leader either.

He is so rattled that he has lost his confidence. He is over thinking and playing scared. Everything but the quick hits and toss sweeps are too much for his mindset right now. He is so afraid to fail that he cant succeed.

"The more you are hit the more likely are to get hit" is something a read in a star wars book that has stayed with me and we are seeing it here. The more little things he does wrong the more that go wrong.

I think Pruitt is trying to get him past that because he really is a solid QB that can do the job. Have him play out the year, transfer out and have a 4 way QB competition next year when Bailey and Hill can compete.

I agree completely. It is so obvious. Maybe just Maybe if he wasn’t getting sacked so much at the beginning with TN he would be better but now he looks shell shocked. When Pruitt was chewing him out and JG not listening almost walking away is when he should have been benched.

I have noticed this before in jg, I believe it was the first game one of the coaches was talking to him, sitting next to him, and jg was just staring into space, like he was not paying attention to anything he was telling him.

As I’ve said all along he is much better than some of you guys say or think. If the scouts are correct then Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert will be in the NFL draft. According to the sports source this morning in four categories Guarantano was better in three of them and tied the other.

Give this guy time and he will a top qb in the SEC.
FFFUUUUNNNNNEEE!!!!!! Best of the Best, yes sir, Whooooping A&& and Taking Names, that's our Boy-JG does it all, except for winning easy games.

Give this guy time and he will a top qb in the SEC.[/

Stats can be skewed especially if games include a lot of garbage time after the outcome has been decided. This is the third year he has started games. He has had plenty of time to show what he can do and unfortunately for UT fans and the program , JG is the worst Qb I have watched at UT in 35 years of being a Vol fan IMHO.

I've watched tennessee QB's for a long time now and JG just doesn't have the competitive edge that winning QB's exhibit.
Could JG wake up and all the sudden become a good SEC QB, It's highly doubtful, considering he's in his 3 year already

What does this bode for the future, I'm not so sure, but I can already hear the fans clamoring for the frosh QB Harrison Bailey........repete......sigh

VN Store

Back