January Official Visitors

tclowers23

Does anyone have a list of the biggest prospects that UT will be having on campus in January? Here are the only ones I know of so far:

Dwight Jones
Chris Donald
Dale Martin
William Brimfield
Brandon Paul
Sidell Corley

Anyone else?

1-12-06 Weekend
KJ Wright, 2-star DE
Bradon Paul, 4-star DB *High Priority*
Justin Footman, 2-star DB
Lee Chambers, 3-star RB (MSU verbal)
Jourdan Brooks, 3-star LB/RB
William Brimfield, 3-star DT *High priority*
Deshaun Barnes, 3-star S/LB (UT verbal) *High Priority*
Stefoin Francois, 4-star S *High Priority*
Dwight Jones, 5-star WR

1-19-06 Weekend
Dale Martin, 4-star RB *High Priority if Creer does not commit*

2-2-06 Weekend
Eric Berry, 5-star DB/WR (UT verbal)

Deshaun Barnes visit is actually very important because we need to make sure not to lose him to FSU.

Thanks Rickbol, but is UT not getting a visit from any DEs? Or is it they just haven't set a date yet? Also, has Creer already visited UT?

The DEs I'm talking about include Sidell Corley (which you already said there isn't a date yet), Alex Watkins, Kourtnei Brown, and Rae Sykes.

Creer has already visited. DE Ben Martin has already visited. DE Carlos Dunlap has already visited. DE Sidel Corley is visiting but just not sure which weekend. We are still pretty confident that DE Alex Watkins will take a visit sometime in January. And, Gerald Williams and Rufus Williams are both listed as LB's on rivals, but both will most likely end up at DE when they get on campus.

Kourtnei Brown we are still working on. As far as I know, he has not agreed to make a visit yet. But that could be in the works. Rae Sykes has been on campus a number of times this year for unofficial visits. I am pretty confident he will be visiting officially either the 12th or 19th. If we get either Ben Martin or Carlos Dunlap then we are not going to continue recruiting Brown, Watkins, Corley very hard.

Creer has already visited. DE Ben Martin has already visited. DE Carlos Dunlap has already visited. DE Sidel Corley is visiting but just not sure which weekend. We are still pretty confident that DE Alex Watkins will take a visit sometime in January. And, Gerald Williams and Rufus Williams are both listed as LB's on rivals, but both will most likely end up at DE when they get on campus.

Gotcha. If UT gets one commit out of Martin, Dunlap, Corley, Watkins, Brown, or Sykes, they will be fine at the DE position. If the rumor about Warren transferring to UT is true, then Skyes may look harder into playing in Knoxville with his buddy.

Plus, you have to remember that Sykes is not immediate help. He is very likely headed Prep or JUCO.

Plus, you have to remember that Sykes is not immediate help. He is very likely headed Prep or JUCO.

Ah, I see. Those commitments definitely aren't as appealing. Although, with the number of scholarships UT will already be giving out, they might like this fact.

and i believe that the weekend of the army all-american game that ryan broyles and a dt from texas chris perry are visiting.. This is off of scout, and later in january a db Co-eric Riley a juco player will visit.

Yeah, Scout says Co-Eric set for a visit 1-26-07 and shows he has low interest in us. He's not even on the radar on Rivals.

We are still trying to land another DB. We really want a safety, but we won't be turning away Brandon Paul if he wants to commit.

Or Francois for that matter. But here is how I see it:

Burnett-GT
Smith-ND
McNeil-FSU/UAT/AU
Francois-LSU
McKenzie-?

Yep, he would definitely fit our need at S. Of course, I could also live with Antwine Perez.

My thoughts exactly. Of course Perez would have to sit out a year but I remember reading about this kid last year during the recruiting process. It seems that alot of people on here dont realize how good this guy could be in our system. Hopefully Turk can sway his decision if he decides to transfer. He's a potential star.

I've not read that yet, but I'm sure it is sarcasm. Perez will go to UT or Rutgers if he leaves.

He may have to sit out a year, but you couldn't expect a whole lot out of a freshman safety if we sign one instead of getting Perez.

Welp, right now, it seems like Kirby is right. It just seems weird. Minnesota is right out of the blue. I guess it is back to recruiting.

VN Store

Back