Jan. 20 AP poll

I don't agree with where we are. Our strength of schedule/RPI is obviously hurting us.

I’m having a hard time buying 4 big 10 teams in the top 25 above us. I think as a whole that conference is considerably worse than last season. Just because they all keep beating each other doesn’t make them good. The teams predicted at the top of the Big 10 this year have vastly underperformed. I doubt they have much success in the tournament.

I don't agree with where we are. Our strength of schedule/RPI is obviously hurting us.

I’m having a hard time buying 4 big 10 teams in the top 25 above us. I think as a whole that conference is considerably worse than last season. Just because they all keep beating each other doesn’t make them good. The teams predicted at the top of the Big 10 this year have vastly underperformed. I doubt they have much success in the tournament.

Agreed. I would take the Lady Vols on a neutral court over all of the Big Ten teams, DePaul, Texas A&M, Arkansas and both Arizona teams.

I love the Lady Vols (my sister is a UT alumna) but if you compare last years 1-4 SEC start to this years 4-1...you can see that the obvious difference is the teams they played last year vs this year. It's worked out as a "work in progress" but it's not a "wow" schedule by any means. The team is going to have to do the work against better teams to move up the ladder. I think the schedule has worked in a positive way record wise...but not in a "we're back" sense.

I think voters have been burned by LVs never living up to expectations over the past few years. I feel they have become a bit biased and are tempering their votes until the LVs do enough to regain respect. The ball is literally in the LV's court. Beat somebody meaningful and they'll move up in the polls.

I love the Lady Vols (my sister is a UT alumna) but if you compare last years 1-4 SEC start to this years 4-1...you can see that the obvious difference is the teams they played last year vs this year. It's worked out as a "work in progress" but it's not a "wow" schedule by any means. The team is going to have to do the work against better teams to move up the ladder. I think the schedule has worked in a positive way record wise...but not in a "we're back" sense.
Agreed! How we perform against A&M and Arkansas (and, hate to say it, Alabama) will really give us the data we need to start saying we're back or not. The meat of the SEC is only just beginning.

I think voters have been burned by LVs never living up to expectations over the past few years. I feel they have become a bit biased and are tempering their votes until the LVs do enough to regain respect. The ball is literally in the LV's court. Beat somebody meaningful and they'll move up in the polls.
I don't think it has anything to do with years past. They laid an egg vs Stanford and they lack a signature victory. UConn would fit the bill.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
I don't think it has anything to do with years past. They laid an egg vs Stanford and they lack a signature victory. UConn would fit the bill.

You're not giving credit to the voters for having recall.
7 Games have passed since Stanford

and yes, the connies will give us a better barometer.
Ala will too...they have momentum. 5 Games of it.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Polls are nice for fans but the only thing that matters is winning on the court. If you win enough against the best teams then you will be one of the best teams. Not unhappy with any game except Texas which we should've won at home. Stanford win about 95 percent of their home games. Kentucky probably 85 percent all I hope for is that we show were getting better tonight.

After the beat down the LVs just put on Alabama we should see a huge bump up in the polls. If UConn was watching I'm sure they are quaking in their sneakers.

Reactions: 7Iron
After the beat down the LVs just put on Alabama we should see a huge bump up in the polls. If UConn was watching I'm sure they are quaking in their sneakers.

They might consider,,...In winning this game, the game with them no longer defines us. This game got that done...Now instead of their game defining us, it just became "another game",,,no pressure

They might consider,,...In winning this game, the game with them no longer defines us. This game got that done...Now instead of their game defining us, it just became "another game",,,no pressure
True but this game also defines our continued inability to successfully attack a zone defense on a consistent basis.

True but this game also defines our continued inability to successfully attack a zone defense on a consistent basis.

It wasn’t their zone we had a hard time with. Rennia scored almost every time they went to the 2-3 look, or we got a good look and didn’t finish. We struggled with their junk defense. The diamond and one was obviously something we didn’t prepare for and it flummoxed UT.

VN Store

Back