Jamie Newberg 1/29 live chat

Tennessee Jack

Sinaasappel is terug.
Here's some things he said today during live chat on Rivals. This was an excerpts list, I wasn't there for the live chat. I don't know if it's okay to repaste it, apologies to the mods, if that's something that has to be deleted---

I traded texts with Teague yesterday. He said he spoke with Saban, Meyer and Kiffin all on WED and he should decide soon. I would give an edge to TN right now.

I think Michigan gets Je'Ron Stokes.

(surprises) There could be a bunch. There's talk of Teo to ND, Brown to FSU, Janzen Jackson to TN, Jarvis Jones to USC, Dre Kirkpatrick to TX. Heck, maybe some of these come to fruition. Maybe none do.

I like Mason. Good uspide and I think he's headed to Ole Miss.

I think Myles could be headed to TN. They would be my pick right now.

Alshon Jeffrey - SC or TN
Marlon Brown - GA or TN

I think TN will be left at the alter with this class but they will turn a few. It's just too hard to say who right now. Just don't know. But I think things LOOK GREAT for LONG TERM recruiting success in Knoxville. No doubt about that. Look at all the kids that have visited or almost visited in the three weeks this staff had to recruit. What happens when they have a full year to recruit?

Peter White - I thought after the coaching change that he was headed to MD. I would still give them the edge although TN is right there.

It wouldn't shock me to see Hardy stick with USM. I talked with him two nights ago and he seemed genuinely torn. I honestly do not know what he will do and it could go either way.

Don't be surprised if Aubrey Phillips lands at FSU when it's all said and done. I think that one is iffy for the Vols.

I see no reason why Lacy and Trent wouldn't sign with the same school. Lacy has a lot of work to do in classroom. But it is of my opinion that Frank Wilson being at TN will help the Vols with Lacy.

Like AUbrey P - I think Oku could end up elsewhere. Watch out for AU with him. I don't think it would be SYR.

(notes: SC = South Carolina)

**please note that these are his opinions and not concrete facts. i'm just bringing you what's being said----don't get into panic/celebration mode off one writer's opinions.

Sorry to say it, but most of that is complete crap IMO. Fun to discuss, but I think he's wrong a lot more than he's right on those.

Thanks for the update. I am losing my mind waiting for NSD.

All in all I think we lose some and win some. Bottom line is that this staff did a great job getting us back in the minds of the nations elite. And that is saying a lot with the time frame they had to work with.

This is not the class that will define Kiffin's coaching staff.

VN Store

Back