Jamal Khashoggi

I already answered your question. How bout we hold our allies to the same standard we hold ourselves?

Edit: *we claim to hold ourselves.

Not the way the world works, and it's not just Saudi Arabia. Just staying in the same region, should we be holding Israel to those standards as well? We don't. We're responsible for our actions. That's what we control. What happened to JK was horrible, and shouldn't have happened, but it's also not the business of the U.S. government. A U.S. President ordering a drone strike on a U.S. citizen in violation of due process is the business of our government. Not sure why there seems to be difficulty in flat out acknowledging that, in saying Obama was wrong? Sure, the Saudis were wrong too, but it's not our business. Their laws are their laws. They only have to abide by our laws when in our country. The POTUS swears to uphold the Constitution of the United States. That includes due process.

Not the way the world works, and it's not just Saudi Arabia. Just staying in the same region, should we be holding Israel to those standards as well? We don't. We're responsible for our actions. That's what we control. What happened to JK was horrible, and shouldn't have happened, but it's also not the business of the U.S. government. A U.S. President ordering a drone strike on a U.S. citizen in violation of due process is the business of our government. Not sure why there seems to be difficulty in flat out acknowledging that, in saying Obama was wrong? Sure, the Saudis were wrong too, but it's not our business. Their laws are their laws. They only have to abide by our laws when in our country. The POTUS swears to uphold the Constitution of the United States. That includes due process.

I already acknowledged it was wrong. I don't have to agree with you that we should tacitly condone our allies doing things that we all know are objectively wrong. Doesn't matter who or where the ally is.

@NorthDallas40

Honestly the only poster I saw explicitly condemn the khashoggi killing was @Weezer , but I could have missed some. It seemed more like "a well we weren't involved so why should we care, but hey remember what Obama did" along with @luthervol defense of Obama. At the very least we should at least hold back a few planes or guns or dollars or whatever else were giving them from the Saudi's next order, but as has been pointed out, we're in bed with them on oil.

@NorthDallas40

Honestly the only poster I saw explicitly condemn the khashoggi killing was @Weezer , but I could have missed some. It seemed more like "a well we weren't involved so why should we care, but hey remember what Obama did" along with @luthervol defense of Obama. At the very least we should at least hold back a few planes or guns or dollars or whatever else were giving them from the Saudi's next order, but as has been pointed out, we're in bed with them on oil.
Go dig some more. I stated it was wrong. Maybe I didn’t rise to your threshold of outrage though dont know.

I’m completely fine if we cut off the House of Saud tomorrow. Ok?

VN Store

Back