Jamal going for the record

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Doesn't look like he is going to make it unless this game goes into overtime. Still a heckuva season though.

It did go to overtime, but he didn't get it. He ended up 40 something yards short.

I'm kinda dissapointed that the Ravens went away from what got them to where they are..THE RUNNING GAME! It appeared to me that after the second series they went primarily to the air game with Anthony Wright, especially on first down.
It's my opinion that if they would have just ran Jamal on back to back plays that he would have gotten the record. Just my two cents though and I'm sure the Ravens are happy to have a healthy football team going into the playoffs. Playing Tennessee no less!

Either way..JAMAL you had an absolutely wonderful year! We here at VOLNATION love ya!

:bash: :bash:

I WAS KIND OF SUPRISED WHEN THE RAVENS WENT AWAY FROM THE RUN; THAT IS THEIR BREAD AND BUTTER. I THINK THAT JAMAL COULD HAVE BROKEN THE RECORD IF THEY WOULD HAVE KEPT RUNNING THE BALL.

WELL, JAMAL IS SECOND IN RUSHING FOR A SEASON. MAYBE ANOTHER YEAR?

Hey guys - aren't you all just SO GLAD that Jamal the Vol 'saved his body' while he was at UT so he didn't take too much of a pounding, allowing us to have this discussion today? I've never seen a more selfish player and while I follow him because he's a former UT guy, I don't really mind that he missed the record. He's probably my least favorite UT back in the last 15 years. GO CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Gatorhater@Dec 30 2003, 10:34 AM
Hey guys - aren't you all just SO GLAD that Jamal the Vol 'saved his body' while he was at UT so he didn't take too much of a pounding, allowing us to have this discussion today? I've never seen a more selfish player and while I follow him because he's a former UT guy, I don't really mind that he missed the record. He's probably my least favorite UT back in the last 15 years. GO CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think there is any question that Jamal didn't play the same his senior year as he did before the injury. He may have just not given the effort or he may have not fully recovered from the injury but Jamal was definitely not Jamal that year.

VN Store

Back