Jalen Hurts and Dan Enos (please)

If he had Bama offense maybe. You still haven’t said how Hurts would be if he played for Missouri.
Well I guess that's because there is no way to prove what I say and no way for you or BOT to disprove it. I personally think that Hurts on Mizzu would have given them a couple more games AT LEAST each season. Lock was a great passer ( especially deep routes) and that alone should have made the team good for 50 points a game. Except it didn't because they couldn't or didn't run the ball when it counted to put points up. Hurts would be a game changer the same way Dobbs was for us. Lock will be more successful in the NFL than Hurts, no argument there.
NOW you didn't answer my question... WHO do you want to put in with the SEC or national Championship on the line? If you say Lock over Hurts I just don't know what else to say.
For what its worth a QB is a leader, architect, and above all director of a game and individual metrics (most passing yards) don't matter a lot to me personally. In the same vein that a DE has the most sacks on a team or in the conference it doesn't matter one bit if he loses containment regularly and opposing teams score on sweeps with impunity. He has a great individual metric but didn't do what the team required to put up points. I know there is a lot of variables in that including a sucky defense but the bottom line is lots of yards in the air no results. Winning games with your arm, legs, head, or heart to make the people around you better is what is required from a QB and Hurts wins over Lock IMHO.

As more time passes, it looking more and more unlikely that Freeze will be OC.

Wouldn't Enos be a good candidate, especially if he brings Hurts? Hurts will obliviously be using his grad transfer and why wouldn't he come along with Enos if he comes. I suspect Enos would be as good a recruiter as Freeze, and has to be better than Helton was. Maybe not as good of a play caller as Freeze, but who really knows.

Hurts won't sit another year behind Tua, and won't have anything left to prove at Bama. Plus he could really raise his stock by seeing UT offense get rolling with him leading. He would automatically make the OL better (Freshman and all) with his elusiveness and running ability.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I have all the "Class" that any particular situation warrants. I am not afraid to tell the truth. PERIOD. Hurts Deserved the award. Did YOU hear the "mvp interview? Box of rocks. Now you -----buzz off.
Know what makes this stupid? MVP had already been voted on before he took the lead with a minute left. Media had already filtered down to the field. Yes everybody knew who should have been MVP. Jacobs did play good tho even having the flu and needing IVs

Enos did nothing of note as an OC at previous stops besides some minor success at Arkansas.. He’s good with QBs, but the offenses he ran were not great. However he did beat teams we can’t beat to save our lives in the last few years. Lindsey and Freeze were the best options being considered. Hopefully we aren’t done. We really F’d up when we payed Tyson Helton 1.2 million for nothing. Now we gotta pay big $$ for big names because of precedent or reset the position salary with Friend or Enos to reset position salary. I think this going to be about money in the end.

Last edited:
Enos did nothing of note as an OC at previous stops besides some minor success at Arkansas.. He’s good with QBs, but the offenses he ran were not great. However he did beat teams we can’t beat to save our lives in the last few years. Lindsey and Freeze were the best options being considered. Hopefully we aren’t done. We really F’d up when we payed Tyson Helton 1.2 million for nothing. Now we gotta pay big $$ for big names because of precedent or reset the position salary with Friend or Enos to reset position salary. I think this going to be about money in the end.
I’m in agreement with you..Enos’ record at Central Michigan worries me. Especially since his predecessor there was Butch Jones and he actually had some great success there. Who’s to say Butch did the same thing, as far as leaving the cupboard bare for the next guy. But the fact of the matter is, Enos had a losing record. Reminds me of Dooley and his losing record at La Tech.

Well hell, on that topic, Dooley made a great OC. So maybe Enos would be fine. Who knows

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
What do you think? Could this specific combo be something Pruitt has been gaming for this whole time?

I'll hang up and listen.

Know what makes this stupid? MVP had already been voted on before he took the lead with a minute left. Media had already filtered down to the field. Yes everybody knew who should have been MVP. Jacobs did play good tho even having the flu and needing IVs

Well THAT Is Stupid. Somebody needs to have the Power; OR just take it upon themselves to Right A Wrong. That award is FOREVER and Hurts should be able to put it on his Mantle and enjoy it when he is 65! If I had been the one entrusted to tally the votes; I'd Fixed that problem. Gross Miscarriage. Would somebody just step up and show a little Common sense? Chitfar. Just let the two CBS announcers pick the MVP. Takes what; 5 seconds? Geeze how insane that the votes must be in FIVE MINUTES before the game is over? I can add and subtract a helluva lot in 1 minute. As they say----Hurry up & mess up. Meanwhile Hurts is screwed out of a once in a lifetime achievement trophy.

Hurts will not transfer. He is now a Bama legend and they will do everything possible to ready him for the NFL even if he never plays another snap of college ball. Hurts to UTK is 10x more of a pipe dream than Freeze. Plus if makes us look bad that we have fans pining for Bama back up qb. Stop it.

You have evidence if said suckage or just your personal experience with it?
26-36 as a head coach at Central Michigan... Then he sucked at Arkansas and only reason he looks good at Bama is because they have two Heisman QB so please tell us all how Enos is good I'll wait.

Reactions: Col. Forbin
26-36 as a head coach at Central Michigan... Then he sucked at Arkansas and only reason he looks good at Bama is because they have two Heisman QB so please tell us all how Enos is good I'll wait.
I just asked if you had evidence, I don't usually accept someone declaring suckitude without evidence.

Hurts will not transfer. He is now a Bama legend and they will do everything possible to ready him for the NFL even if he never plays another snap of college ball. Hurts to UTK is 10x more of a pipe dream than Freeze. Plus if makes us look bad that we have fans pining for Bama back up qb. Stop it.
He'll transfer if he wants to play his finally year. I don't see him wanting to sit his finally year or play limited time. He's going to have to start and play if he has any hopes of playing in the NFL.
I know I'd want to start and play my finally year just in case I didn't make it to the next level although I think some NFL team will pick him up. I'm not sure he'd go as QB but who knows.

Was flipping through channels this afternoon and Finebaum said that he’s sure Hurts is leaving Bama..and even smiled about it. One of his sidekicks asked asked if this was speculation and Finebaum said, “No, it’s a done deal, and I know where he’s going.” He said that “he’s going somewhere different and maybe have some fun..”

Maybe rejoining Kiffin at FAU?...

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back