Jalen Hurd will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL

Dobbs is a QB. He has a 20 year career ahead of him. Have some patience. Unlike other positions true greatness at QB takes time.
Didn’t take Baker Mayfield any time at all to display greatness....set the all-time record for touchdown passes by a rookie, despite not starting the first 3 games of the year. Josh Allen was horrible last year and poor Joshua Dobbs will very likely never start an NFL game....even if he does, it’ll be a start spot here and there, like Charlie Batch did, due to injury to the starting QB.

I actually do think Jalen Hurd will do well in the NFL. He really can be a multi-faceted weapon. My questions would be more about certain influences around him based on some of the stuff that was coming out around the time he left. Could have just been sour grapes though, who knows.
Headcases seldom do well in the NFL

Wow, I reviewed Williams record in the NFL, and he stuck around much longer than I thought he did I thought he just disappeared.
Dude was talented but definitely a head case

You predicted Alvin would get 1000 yards rushing and receiving this year .. that didn't happen and in fact, he only got one 100 yard rushing game and two 100 yard receiving games. Kid is a helluva player but few will live up to your lofty predictions.
It wasn't because he didn't have the ability to get 1000/1000... they spread the ball around in New Orleans last season. But do t worry, because with him being the primary back this season, he could very well get 1000/1000.

It wasn't because he didn't have the ability to get 1000/1000... they spread the ball around in New Orleans last season. But do t worry, because with him being the primary back this season, he could very well get 1000/1000.
Very well could, but notice during Ingram's four game suspension Kamara still wasn't given an 18+ carry load. Add to that, he fell about 300 yards shy in the receiving game. As I have stated many times, AK is a stud but 1k/1k is a high bar to set for anyone in an offense that is notorious for spreading the ball around and for someone who hasn't carried a full-time load of carries since HS.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I finally got around to watching Hurd's Baylor tape from this past season. I was impressed with him the few times I saw him on TV but all I gotta say after doing a more through review is WOW!!! Jalen Hurd looked so good this year at WR that its almost unbelievable to think he used to be a RB. This guy is so insanely talented. Losing that extra weight really improved his explosiveness. He was always quick for his size, now he's insanely quick even for a receiver. I can't wait to see what he does at the senior bowl and combine. I have a feelings he puts on a show. Jalen Hurd is a freak athlete and should test extremely well.

Just wanted to say this before the hype train starts on him in the lead-up to the 2019 NFL Draft.
Are the folks from the insane asylum ever going to haul you back in?

I don't think it's Payton's MO to have much of a "primary" back. When Ingram was suspended AK averaged 14 carries a game. In fact last season the most carries he had in any game was 19 and had fewer than 15 carries in 11 games.

Williams' problems were not rooted in egotism, he was just one weird dude.

FWIW, I don't think I've ever heard a teammate or coach say anything negative about Ricky. I think the only legitimate problem was he didn't follow questionable rules. Dolphins rode his d*** into the dirt. How could the guys around him not love and appreciate him. Most carries over 2 seasons ever and that record will likely stand a long time.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
My apologies D4H, you predicted AK to go for 1k rushing and receiving next year, not this one but did predict him to for 1750 this year which, well, he barely surpassed last years production. Here are a handful of other D4H doozies to go along with it .. my favorite is when you said "Guice and the UGA backs won't be that good" along with stating AK would be the best RB in the league the next few years. LOL
You know, you sure did put in a lot of time and effort to look those quotes up. For, what purpose?

VN Store

Back